IGNORED

NES classic mini discontinued

Okay whatever. I hope this sentiment that you have isn't mostly leftover anger from the NES or SNES days when Atari tried but failed to get back on top when it came to home consoles. At least they did better when it came to computer sales.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything like that - where's your sensk of humor?? Or are you one of these Wal-Mart employee scalpers getting butt-hurt because I hit the polyp on the head? :lol:

• Like 2

Pat made an excellent point about the NES Classic and the Switch/Virtual Console being entirely different markets. Total casuals who would ordinarily never purchase a modern console will pay $60 for a NES Classic because nostalgia, etc. Nintendo fails to grasp that.

Edited by mbd30

One ominous thing about this already I think was brought up in the stock Nintendo response ...all we intended for this year. Why would you say that? That basically leaves the barn door wide open for 'next year' or perhaps for the 30th anniv of the SNES to do that mini style.

Reading too much into it, or just enough? Let's play a game and say they do intend another run of it or the SNES instead, will they learn their damn lesson and print more than 1.5M of them via a stretched run? Will I have to buy a bot program to troll amazon to slap a preorder on one hopefully if it's fast enough to beat out the full time job scalping filth? I don't intend to get a camp chair or sleeping bag and wait in the cold for 12 hours before opening of some store, that's for certain.

Screw you scalpers, I won on this one, there's why right below. She knocked out all of the first world of Kirby earlier this afternoon all by herself with some light verbal coaching for Wispy Woods that tree boss.

17904118_10210971693341114_4869013647857

• Like 5

One ominous thing about this already I think was brought up in the stock Nintendo response ...all we intended for this year. Why would you say that? That basically leaves the barn door wide open for 'next year' or perhaps for the 30th anniv of the SNES to do that mini style.

Reading too much into it, or just enough? Let's play a game and say they do intend another run of it or the SNES instead, will they learn their damn lesson and print more than 1.5M of them via a stretched run? Will I have to buy a bot program to troll amazon to slap a preorder on one hopefully if it's fast enough to beat out the full time job scalping filth? I don't intend to get a camp chair or sleeping bag and wait in the cold for 12 hours before opening of some store, that's for certain.

Screw you scalpers, I won on this one, there's why right below. She knocked out all of the first world of Kirby earlier this afternoon all by herself with some light verbal coaching for Wispy Woods that tree boss.

17904118_10210971693341114_4869013647857

Now she's ready to tackle Ninja Gaiden. :D

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/13/15293030/nes-classic-edition-discontinued

This is promising. The japan version says "This product has ended production for now. When production is being resumed, we will tell you on our website." So its temporary looks like and not permanent. And maybe same for NA version.

Edited by 0078265317

I'm really thinking there's a revision coming. Hackablity fixed, controller added, games changed... SOMETHING is being brewed.

No way they're as dumb as they seem.

Ya me too. If I find one by end of the month that is good. If not I will wait. They are not stupid. New version will be out soon. Like you said hack proof. And to seal the deal SD slot this time. (probably not but one can only dream) And if so then no need to hack it. Less for them to deal with.

Or maybe they're waiting until the next holiday season.

It's a theory that does fit the facts. Cancel in April, then in July, make a statement that they "heard the customers voices" and release 2.0 in October. It perfectly matches their timeline for the previous Mini, and it allows them to fast-forward right to the next holiday shopping season.

It's a theory that does fit the facts. Cancel in April, then in July, make a statement that they "heard the customers voices" and release 2.0 in October. It perfectly matches their timeline for the previous Mini, and it allows them to fast-forward right to the next holiday shopping season.

Any other company then yes, however. Nintendo had just as much warning a year ago that it would be popular and they were out of touch with modern times and we ended up with the Version 1.0 fiasco. If they come back in the fall I guarantee we will have a repeat of the artificial supply limitations where only campers and scampers get product and Nintendo once again gets to say "we sold out" to its investors.