IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

I'm an honest consumer but I buy from Best Buy SPECIFICALLY because they have never given me a hassle on returns.

Bought an AV receiver, was totally underwhelmed by the sound/power....returned it to store. Asked why the return, I said it was not up to my standards. Dude didn't even blink, just asked me if I wanted cash or a store credit.

But if you did it every week, for a year ...

Well...that might make me kind of a scumbag.

So far as the actual SNES classic (remember that thing guys?) my 10 year old was playing some Yoshi's Island last night. My 6 year old got kind of jealous, and I was said "I just don't think there is a game here you can handle buddy" (he can handle controls etc but actual challenge is tough for him, as all he plays are those damn Lego games where you can never actually die). But then I thought of Kirby!

I let him play Spring Breeze on Kirby Super Star, and he beat it pretty quick, albeit with a few deaths. Yeah, it's BABY easy, but I told him, kid, you just finished a video game for the first time! His proud face was priceless.

• Like 4

My concern is about the challenge too. My girl doesn't get to play regularly and she was slowly inching into Kirby on the NES CE and likes to randomly mess around with Mario games on it too. I figured in the end given how people treat them disgustingly enough I'd rather her have it and grow into being able to play the stuff properly then forget about it or pay some troll through the nose later. Like you and as I have with the NES CE I'll start her on those too, maybe see if she can handle Mute City on F-Zero or Mario Kart mushroom cup.

• Like 2

my daughter is 11, my son 13- my daughter primarily likes Zelda and Mario games (Zelda 1, Zelda:LTTP, any 2D Mario game) when she's not playing on that terrible Roblox website, lol.

Much to my dismay my son would rather play Minecraft, and when he does play on the SNES he's like 'i don't like these grandpa games'. :/ clearly i have failed as a gamer parent!

• Like 3

Well my kid played Link Between Worlds on the 3DS and absolutely loved it, played it to 100%, etc. I figured he'd be a shoo in for LttP but strangely enough he rebelled against playing it when I showed it to him and now is intent on telling me he'll never play it, and wants me to know it. :lol: lol stupid kid logic.. but whatever, he's 8.

• Like 4

Grandpa games?! That is a failure, wow. I guess I did well having the only games mine can touch be 2D stuff. She doesn't see or care about the age or the lesser or more colors involved or if any color is there or not as long as it looks decent (8bit Nintendo/GB and up.) I got a GB Color for her awhile back and snapped up some GB+GBC games over time here there, then my mom sent her her little used pink DSlite which I got more GBA games for and a few DS titles too. She's quite happy working in those areas and just sees stuff for what it is, fun or not fun, not that it's crusty old crap to dismiss.

• Like 1

Oh he's not biased against "old". He quite likes VCS Space Invaders and has just finished Pokemon Leaf Green on the GBA. Plays lots of other stuff. Like I said who can tell the logic.. maybe it's ruining his perception of LBW? I don't know. It's only worth a shrug at most.. they're games, he's a kid. Not that serious. :)

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

Oh he's not biased against "old". He quite likes VCS Space Invaders and has just finished Pokemon Leaf Green on the GBA. Plays lots of other stuff. Like I said who can tell the logic.. maybe it's ruining his perception of LBW? I don't know. It's only worth a shrug at most.. they're games, he's a kid. Not that serious. :)

Not sure if this comes into play or not, but some people, kid or adult (doesn't matter), like to discover things on their own. For example, I had a friend with good taste in music BITD, but I noticed that while he would let you hear anything in his collection , Anything He liked,...He rarely ever wanted to listen to anyone else's recommendations ...Sometimes we're all a little that way...I think even if 100 people told me I'd like a video game, when I play said game, and probably like it...Afterwards I think, "Wow! I'm glad those people recommended I play that!", But I also think, "I'm sure glad I discovered this game!"...

Yeah I think that's probably it.. i.e. He liked LBW, and then here I come saying "oh you're gonna love this and starting it up for him and showing him how it's the same game and same map essentially. So the fact that it was me kinda shoving the controller in his hand probably took all the air out of the room as far as how it was perceived. :lol:

• Like 1

Grandpa games?! That is a failure, wow. I guess I did well having the only games mine can touch be 2D stuff. She doesn't see or care about the age or the lesser or more colors involved or if any color is there or not as long as it looks decent (8bit Nintendo/GB and up.) I got a GB Color for her awhile back and snapped up some GB+GBC games over time here there, then my mom sent her her little used pink DSlite which I got more GBA games for and a few DS titles too. She's quite happy working in those areas and just sees stuff for what it is, fun or not fun, not that it's crusty old crap to dismiss.

Little dude can be really weird about stuff. :) I will admit it was pretty funny watching him try to play SimCity on the SNES.

my daughter is 11, my son 13- my daughter primarily likes Zelda and Mario games (Zelda 1, Zelda:LTTP, any 2D Mario game) when she's not playing on that terrible Roblox website, lol.

Much to my dismay my son would rather play Minecraft, and when he does play on the SNES he's like 'i don't like these grandpa games'. :/ clearly i have failed as a gamer parent!

I think a good punishment would be to play Atari and nothing else for a month!

• Like 2

I'm an honest consumer but I buy from Best Buy SPECIFICALLY because they have never given me a hassle on returns.

return's are not the problem, its the staff, you cant walk 6 inches without being assaulted by a sales drone with a tablet and a celphone, but you are completely fked if you cant find where they hid the display port cables this month

you know who else gives you hassle free returns, amazon. I dont have to drive 40 min out of my way to get 12 people begging me to try the samsung apple LG device of the week just cause I HAD to walk by them and dared to turn my head and glance, when all I wanted is a stupid BR movie and a 12$ mouse

Edited by Osgeld

you know who else gives you hassle free returns, amazon. I dont have to drive 40 min out of my way to get 12 people begging me to try the samsung apple LG device of the week just cause I HAD to walk by them and dared to turn my head and glance, when all I wanted is a stupid BR movie and a 12$ mouse

Sure, but you don't get your item swapped out the same day using that method. There are many benefits to shopping at a physical location in person.