IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

12 hours ago, phillip_roberts said:

HardWork promised an impossible feat based on his lack of knowledge of the 2600 & his non existent programming abilities. IF I end up doing this, I won't promise everything that the nutcase exclaimed he'd put into the "game".

if-if-if-if-jordi-molla.gif.50db22b7e640d3c48c6b9e84853467ce.gif

• 3 months later...

OK,  OK,

Not trying to be the First or anything,...but I thought Maybe this would be a neat 'Gift" for James HardWOrk...

So now I'm racing to post this before Christmas!  It's Christmas Eve at 11:54PM so I just made it!

It's a Knight Rider Christmas Ornament!!!   (Yay!)   See why I hadda get it in before Christmas?

Knight Rider K.I.T.T Christmas Ornament 5 Inches in Length - Etsy

I give this to the thread that keeps on giving!  

(See you all after New Years!!)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

OK,  OK,

Not trying to be the First or anything,...but I thought Maybe this would be a neat 'Gift" for James HardWOrk...

So now I'm racing to post this before Christmas!  It's Christmas Eve at 11:54PM so I just made it!

It's a Knight Rider Christmas Ornament!!!   (Yay!)   See why I hadda get it in before Christmas?

I think I speak for everyone here (or at least everyone who was too lazy to do a Google search for this thing) when I ask: Do the scanner lights work?

Also, will this be included with the Super-Duper Deluxe edition of Knight Rider 2600 when it is released?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

I think I speak for everyone here (or at least everyone who was too lazy to do a Google search for this thing) when I ask: Do the scanner lights work?

Also, will this be included with the Super-Duper Deluxe edition of Knight Rider 2600 when it is released?

Actually, I think you DO speak for everyone here,  and I too,  am too lazy to find out if the scanner lights work, (heh),...But it looks to me like they might have missed a golden opportunity there.  Judging from the picture alone,  I'd say no light up scanner.

I also think this would make a delicious extra for the "Deluxe Package" version of the forthcoming Knight Rider 2600 game...

Now,  I do hope we troll that Ben guy (just a little bit) by asking him if HardWork's Knight Rider homebrew will work on 2600+...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

OK,  OK,

My wheels don't seem to be in contact with the ground, Michael.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Now,  I do hope we troll that Ben guy (just a little bit) by asking him if HardWork's Knight Rider homebrew will work on 2600+...

The 2600+ has pretty good 4K and 8K compatibility, so I'm less worried about the game working than I am the custom controller. If the controller won't work with the 2600+, then it's a hard pass for me (the 2600+ that is, KR2600 is a day one buy for me and has been for 20 years now).

The real question that needs to be answered is how many sales of KR2600 the 2600+ will add to the original 1000 to 5000 estimate. 10,000? 20,000?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I think I'll skip Knight Rider 2600 and wait for Knight Rider 2600+, then. 😎

Nope on a rope! I just heard a rumor that the Star Raider's keypad will not work properly on the 2600+. That's the whole point of KR2600; using the Keypad! A whole lot of HardWork must have gone into that to make that controller work. We'll see DOOM(TM) working on a coffee maker before we see KR2600 work on the 2600+.

Edited by JasperAK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RushJet1 said:

i get that this project is kind of a meme now but when i saw this i thought "i wonder if that theme would work on the TIA" and here is the result

knight.bin 4 kB · 4 downloads

Well, that's the first bit of real progress of this project in 20+ years, and it didn't take HardWork to do it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 12/27/2023 at 3:57 AM, RushJet1 said:

i get that this project is kind of a meme now but when i saw this i thought "i wonder if that theme would work on the TIA" and here is the result

knight.bin 4 kB · 14 downloads

Sound starts fantastic - as always!

I played it on real Atari (light sixer) but after a while something seems to get wrong: one rhythm doesn’t „seem to fit/sounds wrong“ to me.