IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

3 minutes ago, Ben_Larson said:

I don't know if this joke has already been made and I'm not willing to wade through 41 pages...

...but I am pleased to announce Knight Rider 2600: The Atariage Thread: The Game coming soon.

"The thread...  An annual flight into the hilarious world of a game which does not exist. HardWork, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of doing nothing, overestimating capabilities, and bringing lolz to a world of reprobates who salivate at the prospect."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

"The thread...  An annual flight into the hilarious world of a game which does not exist. HardWork, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of doing nothing, overestimating capabilities, and bringing lolz to a world of reprobates who salivate at the prospect."

Oh I totally heard the music in my head as I read that!

Just in case some of you don't have this in yer iTunes yet...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Man I love this thread. This one and Dr. Love’s PS2 friendship post. They both read like such journeys into madness. I try to revisit them every year. I hope that guy has a PS3 now.

This is the AtariAge version of that same fruitcake that keeps getting passed around every end of the year... 🎄:grin:

Fruit Cake Ballet GIF by Ovation TV

See you next year...

• Like 5

I know I'm super late responding to this thread for the New Year 2023, but during the past week, the wife and I have been watching the Star Trek movies on HBO, and of course, "The Wrath of Khan" is filled with Moby Dick quotes. It would seem that, "HardWork's" elusive white whale of an Atari 2600 super-game honoring the talking-car television fantasy of years gone by, continues to ply the world's oceans of unrealized dreams. But this thread lives on, and the yearly ritual of gathering together for a collective laugh brings joy to those of us who were here when it started, and those who joined in somewhere along the way.

Edited by almightytodd
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just watched the very first episode of Knight Rider!

Yes, I watched the show back in the day but I'm not sure I ever saw the first episode. You know how it was back then, no streaming, no nothing...if you didn't set your VCR up to record it you just missed it...and if you missed something on TV back in the 80's you might never be able to see it...like this very first episode of Knight rider!!

...but now with Netflix I've finally seen it, I've seen the first episode!!! Oh, so many unanswered questions are now answered...but so many new questions are now unanswered. There are so many layers to this magic onion!!

Usually when I watch an old show I haven't seen since childhood I think of childhood stuff. Sometimes I even remember something I forgot...but you know what I thought of this time? This stupid Knight Rider topic here on Atariage. Yup, I kept thinking about this topic and this dumb Knight Rider game idea that never happened and how cool it would have been if it did actually happen. Just imagine using the Star Raiders controller to do all sorts of gadgets on KIT!! Wow, that would have been sweet...

Anyways, now I'm sad and the weather here in MN sucks so I'm thinking maybe I should take the family somewhere for spring break. Problem is, half the family hates sky bananas (thats what I call airplanes) and I don't feel like driving for several days. Man, if I had that sweet sweet Knight Rider car I could go anywhere....fast!!

• Like 5

Although it would ruin the charm of this thread, I am surprised no one has made a Knight Rider game yet. 20 years of free publicity. Your game would go down as one of the most talked about games in 2600 history. With enough time, the reason why your Knight Rider game was so talked about and celebrated will be forgotten and people will just know it was popular and everyone would reminisce about it at the start of a new year.

• Like 1

Knocking out a quick and dirty Knight Rider game doesn't get you that free publicity, IMO. To be part of the legend, the programmer would need to stick to the HardWork design docs: 123. Bonus points for organically integrating Kinko's into the theme.

I just think the scope of the game is too big for what amounts to a stupid gag project, especially since your work could be made unavailable with a single cease and desist notice.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RevEng said:

I just think the scope of the game is too big for what amounts to a stupid gag project, especially since your work could be made unavailable with a single cease and desist notice.

Just change the name to something non-infringing, like knutrider.thumb.jpg.1c0c49c80db095401fd3b6f5c3024228.jpg

• Haha 5