IGNORED

CollectorVision Phoenix Game Console

retroillucid

On 11/5/2019 at 10:06 AM, wongojack said:

Just wanted to post and say that I got my Phoenix over the weekend.  I ordered it as part of the "first batch" but not the pre-order.  I'm ashamed that I haven't turned it on yet, but I will get there.  Looks awesome so far.

awesome if people that didn't preorder are receiving them, mine should be here soon

I ordered mine the moment it was announced that orders could be placed, or at least that day I believe, I know I was waiting to jump on it after the kickstarter didn't happen. I got mine 2 days ago. I wasn't early access but I did pre-order very long before any were shipped.

There's early access, pre orders, and even current orders are technically pre orders for a later batch. So I think it really depends on when you ordered.

I received my order this past Saturday.  I hooked it up to my LG OLED55B6P, and played Sydney Hunter for a while, but had the random color glitched screen upon resetting.  I tried my older Panasonic TV, and it works fine there.  I also tried a cheap HDMI-to-composite converter for connecting to my CRT monitor and it looks great; the way it's meant to be. :)  I had no problems playing with a keyboard, and the NTT SFC data controller found on ebay arrived today, and it works wonderfully too.

Is anyone working on a TI 99/4A core?  I've been meaning to learn more about FPGA coding, so that might be a fun project.  Is there any guide for getting started developing cores for the Phoenix?  Is there a schematic available?

2 minutes ago, PeteE said:

I received my order this past Saturday.  I hooked it up to my LG OLED55B6P, and played Sydney Hunter for a while, but had the random color glitched screen upon resetting.  I tried my older Panasonic TV, and it works fine there.  I also tried a cheap HDMI-to-composite converter for connecting to my CRT monitor and it looks great; the way it's meant to be. :)  I had no problems playing with a keyboard, and the NTT SFC data controller found on ebay arrived today, and it works wonderfully too.

Is anyone working on a TI 99/4A core?  I've been meaning to learn more about FPGA coding, so that might be a fun project.  Is there any guide for getting started developing cores for the Phoenix?  Is there a schematic available?

We will be releasing some more information soon, but a good place to start would be to look over the 2600 core. The source code including project files are available here: https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix2600

One of the Devs on the project actually wrote (although ported by someone else) the TI99/4A core that is on the Mister and he wants to port it to the Phoenix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

We will be releasing some more information soon, but a good place to start would be to look over the 2600 core. The source code including project files are available here: https://github.com/CollectorVision/Phoenix2600

One of the Devs on the project actually wrote (although ported by someone else) the TI99/4A core that is on the Mister and he wants to port it to the Phoenix.

Thanks, I forgot to mention I had seen the 2600 core on github.  I'll message him and see how far along he is.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, marc.teeters said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the 2nd run of these. Both my Colecos are on life support and my power supplies are also suspect. There just aren't many out there in the wild.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Have you tried these?

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/accessories/power-supplies/colusb-usb-power-supply-for-the-colecovision-power-supplies

7 minutes ago, Hastor said:

Does anyone know if it works well with the roller controller at the same time, or would you need a second one to power it?

Yes, it has been shown that it is possible to power both a CV and a Roller Controller.  Lots of discussion of the amperage of the power supply (AC adaptor) and their capabilities here.  In theory, a minimum of a 2A supply is required, however the quality of the power supply and USB cable (including the cable length) also come into play.  I'd recommend getting as high an amperage rating as possible (up to 3.4A).

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

Finally had time to unbox my unit it, hook it up and start playing with it. I am very impressed. This is an incredible feat of engineering. 

Where can we go for firmware upgrade files, online manual and core updates?

Can anyone tell me what the file limit per folder is? Read the manual but there's no mention of file limits in folders for either core. Can anyone provide any guidance on this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by OrangeKryptonite