IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I just got that in my email too. So I've sent them a bunch of messages asking to develop for the Ataribox. I have never heard back from them about that but I do get spam about an overpriced hat. Great..... Call me crazy but they should gives these out for free to developers. It's not like they are going to sell any or anything.

Edited by BiffsGamingVideos
  • Like 1

... I do get spam about an overpriced hat. Great..... Call me crazy but they should gives these out for free to developers. It's not like they are going to sell any or anything.

I wonder what made them price it that way? I mean, besides greed, of course. Are they comparing AtariLife to (also overpriced but popular and considered upscale) brands like Beats?

Ever wonder how low Atari can go? We're gonna find out!

20 years from now there will be a 300pg thread on here asking if Atari really buried all those SpeakerHats out in the desert...

Just waiting now for the Great Speakerhat Crash™ of 2018.

Yes... that's giving them a lot of credit for actually making it to 2018. But I just wanted to prove there's still some optimism left here. AtariLife™ 4-ever! the-next month-and-a-half!

• Like 1

I have to say Blade Runner 2049 was a most excellent sequel. It wasn't like when they remade Total Recall and the whole time you're watching it, you think "Is this going to get better? I should just go back and watch the one with Arnie..." "You're in a Johnny Cab."

Thank the gods they A) didn't try to remake the original. B) didn't pull a JJ Abrams w/ Star Trek on it.

• Like 1

I have to say Blade Runner 2049 was a most excellent sequel.

Agreed. I thought that it was a really good continuation of the original story, and very much appreciated the way in which it was handled.

Similarly, Tron: Legacy also gets my vote for excellent continuation of story. Seeing two films that had massive impacts on me growing up receive sequels that lived up to the originals was incredibly refreshing - it tells me that the filmmakers also understood why the original films were important to as many people as they were, and full credit to them for handling that material with care.

• Like 3

You guys are pretty funny.

Honestly I get more chuckles per gallon here than on any other thread...

I'd wanted to see Bladerunner, but my body chose that week to schedule kidney stones...At least I was healed up for Thor...

I see they make a black Atari Speakerhat, so that's a plus...In fact if they'll go $160 off, I'll take one!

• Like 1

on a related note.....

FMTwo Game Inc. Creator 4 days ago

@everyone, as usual you are all incredible in terms of patience, insights, and understanding. We've been really working the USB-C issue. We'll get it fixed, however there is definitely risk to December to get this right. We're also late with an update, because we want to be as thorough as possible on the options. Stay tuned for a fuller update within 24-48 hours and know that we are all over it. Definitely a challenge to resolve, and frustrating as on the face of it it looks minor, but nothing is minor when we have this little space to play with. Thanks for your support and back to everyone ASAP!

I kind of like the idea of the Speakerhat. I could play creepy children laughing, static and random noises, demons, etc. Then when someone says,"Can you turn that stupid shit off?!" I could respond,"Sorry. I didn't know it was on. It sounds the same to me either way."

I did a search, but it doesn't look like someone has made a speaker beer hat. Imagine playing games on your ataribox, rocking to late 70's and 80's music while getting hammered....

• Like 4