IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Segstation is coming!

Ever play Sonic? Check!

Streets of Rage? Oh yeah!

Bunch of games you can not remember? Yup!

Launch date tomorrow!

Pre orders 249.99

Are you excited or what?

Who is in?

I have inside info from the factory and sent here to promote the brand.

They blindfolded me and may have been raped so I can not tell you much more.

I just need to set up a facebook page for the cancellation date to be set to indefinite.

Still excited? Me too!

• Like 1

Of course it's not real, never was.

The "official" Twitter account, @atariboxproject, hasn't posted for 19 days.

The "official" Facebook account for AtariBox last posted on November 21st: "We were going to wait for launch to show you the Ataribox Joystick, but we like it way too much to wait. What do you think?"

The website has no details about timing or anything else, just FOUR places to "join waitlist" to get on their spam list.

This isn't a project that respects its fans or would-be backers. It is undeserving of the old Atari name or brand.

They don't owe anybody an apology or an explanation, it's quite clear what they're (not) up to.

post-2410-0-75317700-1513445991_thumb.png

• Like 5

There are rumors of an upcoming

RCA Studio III

I hadn't realized RCA has been defunct since 1986! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA

Let's all pretend the Sony Playstation is the direct descendant of the RCA Studio II. 40 years old this year, just like Star Wars!

1920px-RCA-Studio-II-FL.jpg

In the 1970s RCA began to falter, suffering major losses in the mainframe computer industry and other failed projects such as the CED videodisc. In 1986 it was reacquired by General Electric, which over the next few years liquidated most of RCA's assets. The RCA trademarks are currently owned by Sony Music Entertainment and Technicolor, which in turn license the brand name to other companies including Voxx International, Curtis International, and TCL Corporation for their various products.
  • Like 5

So a tech start-up with some dubious crowdfunding adventures behind them will approach Sony and license the rights for a RCA Studio 3?

"In 2018 relive the legendary gaming experiences of TV School House 1 & 2, Gunfighter and Moonship Battle in HD! Sign up here for our weekly spam telefax!"

• Like 4

I said before that I had previously thought if they postponed the Indiegogo campaign after all this time, that I would lose a lot of confidence in this project.

The reason being, if they cannot after all this time get their ducks in line to start a crowdfunding campaign on time - then what hope is there for them to manage the development of the Ataribox successfully

• Like 6

Could that apply to any smart TV that has apps? I just bought a Samsung 4k. What do I need to load on it to get it to work?

Unfortunately, I don think think so. Samsung TVs aren't open like the newer android smart TVs. Maybe somebody has a hack, but I have one of them also and they're pretty restricted to Samsung content only.

The general buying public doesn't want a new console from Atari. But they would buy the crap out of a reasonably priced Arcade Flashback. The problem would be recreating all the varied control schemes from those early arcade games. So many of the games on the Flashback collections for the PS4/Xbone just aren't any fun because the controls don't translate well to a modern controller.

Yes, mini-consoles that come pre-loaded with games seem to be the hot ticket item. That is why I like the idea of an Atari Arcade Flashback with Atari Arcade home console ports from the 8-bit line and/or 7800 sprinkled in since any direct Atari arcade games after the split are off limits at this point. However, like you stated, the control schemes for any potential Arcade Flashback would be limited and would be playable at best, but not as originally designed to be. Still, that doesn't stop AtGames from putting games on their Flashbacks that really need to be used with a paddle and/or driving controller. If only sane, reasonable people ran Atari (as well as this country), things would be better of.

• Like 2

The Gameband is also dealing with issues at the moment. The continuing problems with their USB C connector haunts them and now people were asking on their KS comment section why the latest update was delayed.

Snipped from their response:

"We are ultimately a small team, which can be fun when we are building cool (and sometimes challenging) things, but can also be a challenge when anything out of the ordinary hits the team. Weve been dealing with some pretty substantive personal issues this past week. Not an excuse, just an explanation for our unexpected radio silence. Well be getting our communication back on track from tomorrow, and thank you a lot for being patient with us."

Historian has told us they are separate projects, but we've also been told by Mac et. al. that they are part of an ecosystem.

I can't help but wonder if the issues plaguing the band has spilled over to the box. I'm getting a feeling that the small team has taken a bigger bite than they can eat.