IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I'm convinced! What with all of the talk of "Million Dollar Pong" and the Pong coffee table, I decided to invest in Atari! They seem like a happening company with a bright future!

But I can't afford $2799 for a Pong coffee table. And I couldn't find an Ataribox for sale anywhere.

So I did a quick search for Atari consoles to see what I could buy right now, and I couldn't be happier with my investment:

pong-console.jpg

I call it "Thirty-Five Dollar Pong". And check it out - it's sitting on a table!

It's the best of both worlds!

I can't wait for it to be worth a million dollars! I'm set for life!

AtariLife!

• Like 8

What are the chances that the Atari Box project is now dean now that Atari has moved on to crowd funding their latest Roller Coaster Tycoon game?

For the RCT project they wanted $1.07 Million and have only raised roughly $42,000. Apparently that meets their funding requirement minimum, but it's still a tiny faction of their ultimate goal.

No admin is going to even think about punishing others for their negative thoughts on a has-been company. It's like saying a hacker is threatening to hack my YouTube account because I don't like Justin Bieber. In fact, that whole attitude about punishing because of others opinions seem so trollish.

Please direct us towards your sources for each of these points.

By the way, it still doesn't change the fact that they're failing to deliver the Ataribox.

Where are all these new 10-post people coming from, that see fit to defend the new Atari? Paid shills I say.

• Like 4

I dont think that a handful of Ataribox Thread Readers will have the impact to boost the shares on the stock market. So i am not trying anything.

The reason why i posted these financial results was to reply on comments that the company is on a downturn and not profitable because that is not true.

There were also negative remarks about Atari shares. I posted only facts which are undebatable. Everybody can read that on company profiles on the stock market websites and in the financial results.

Unfortunately it is easier for some people to scream negative things out like on the Jerry Springer Show than getting objective information before writing something down.

The Internet is unfortunately a place to post out comments to quick with the protection of anonymity.

I would rather welcome actions from admin to give a warning to those people who posts negative comments on the economic situation of the company Atari.

Because people who are not in the subject will take that as the truth. What should be known is that the company came back from bankruptcy in only a few years to a profitable company.

I would be very happy if there could be less hate towards other members or a company.

Until now Atari has not harmed anybody. No money was stolen, nobody was cheated.

Almost everybody is acting as if there were betrayed or taken away their money.

I have the biggest respect for all you members here. After all we all share the same Hobby. :)

It is not very polite to call other members "jackasses" and "dinks".

Your apology would show character to me.

YES people have been harmed. See various lawsuits demanding cease&desist for websites. Check out what the scumbags did to Jeff Minter with regards to TxK on the Vita. Nothing but a bunch of litigious assholes clinging onto 30 year old IP most people could give two shits about. All the while, harming those of us who would & could make a difference.

• Like 8

YES people have been harmed. See various lawsuits demanding cease&desist for websites. Check out what the scumbags did to Jeff Minter with regards to TxK on the Vita. Nothing but a bunch of litigious assholes clinging onto 30 year old IP most people could give two shits about. All the while, harming those of us who would & could make a difference.

Even some of our members, Andrew comes to mind immediately.

• Like 7

Just thinking about potential fun (if not profitable, because who cares) Atari projects:

Put the apologists in a dark, maze-like room, dressed in black but wearing specially modified SpeakerHats®. They're the Prey. Add in some Hunters with Bluetooth devices that make the SpeakerHats® squawk a distinctive audio cue when a Hunter draws near. The Hunters tag the Prey when they're close enough, maybe with a Laser Tag type infrared beam.

This would be somewhat innovative, while serving as a throwback to the 1980s, while being social and silly like the arcades of old. It would incorporate new technology, and bring a gaming angle to the otherwise rather useless SpeakerHat®.

I think that would be far more fun and interesting than trying to monetize moldy old PONG. Certainly more fun than making excuses for the shell of a company that holds nothing more than a stack of trademarks and lawyers to defend them.

• Like 2

Just thinking about potential fun (if not profitable, because who cares) Atari projects:

Put the apologists in a dark, maze-like room, dressed in black but wearing specially modified SpeakerHats®. They're the Prey. Add in some Hunters with Bluetooth devices that make the SpeakerHats® squawk a distinctive audio cue when a Hunter draws near. The Hunters tag the Prey when they're close enough, maybe with a Laser Tag type infrared beam.

This would be somewhat innovative, while serving as a throwback to the 1980s, while being social and silly like the arcades of old. It would incorporate new technology, and bring a gaming angle to the otherwise rather useless SpeakerHat®.

I think that would be far more fun and interesting than trying to monetize moldy old PONG. Certainly more fun than making excuses for the shell of a company that holds nothing more than a stack of trademarks and lawyers to defend them.

That is awesome. I would pay good money for this experience. The only money have spent on retro systems are the AFP 2017. All these half ass rip off consoles just don't cut it. I would likely by a SNES or an NES from Nintendo but not at the full price. Considering how quickly they sold I don't expect the next round of SNES/NES to be discounted anyware.

Edited by thetick1