IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

The most Inception style weirdness is probably:

"However, if you look at the list of the most-funded projects on StartEngine, the one that’s earned the most money is ... StartEngine, which so far has raised more than $3.4 million.

Marks admits that’s a little bizarre.

“It is called ‘eating your own dog food’ or ‘drinking your own Kool-Aid,’”

Also, surely, eating your own Tacos...

It all comes down to controls. You can't get a decent trackball or spinner for under $80 so I'm not at all confident the controls would be worth a hoot. Plus, in light of recent events, if Atari profits by it, I'm out.

I love (almost) everything about these things and would normally be the exact target audience, but I really don't like the size. Perhaps if this was double the size, I could expect to get more enjoyment/use out of it (and yes, I'd pay 2 - 2.5x the asking price). As it is, it seems like it would be mostly for display purposes (and in the case of this Tempest one, I don't know how I feel about the lack of a vector display, which is of course understandable).

Doesn't matter, though... The audience for these things is quite high and these will continue to do well as-is.

• Like 1

I think you're right about display purposes, Bill. They don't look comfortable at all to play IMHO.

They do look the perfect size for hotpants-skater Ken and Vietnam Vet Joe.

post-39941-0-57534100-1517592540.gif

post-39941-0-09486900-1517592574.png

At least the Tempest two-hand controls look a little better (to me) than Centipede's, below. But 1302 backers and their $167,281 didn't see it as a problem:

post-39941-0-41334000-1517592922.gif

• Like 4

Plenty of people will spend that much money going out to dinner. So for someone that is an arcade type gamer, having a shelf with a collection of these is kind of cool.

I wonder how many different ones they are going to make?

I agree they seem to be decently popular already, and they have not even got into some of the better arcade games.. I would imagine they are going to expand beyond Atari eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk