IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

what i find the funniest is that the VCS Supporter Kult has so little to actually *talk* about new stuff on the VCS that they are dogging the Amico.  what's up with that?

Image result for seinfeld

(by the way, Werner dum-dums, I can still see your little boys' page- who do you think I am from the roster? Karl seems like a real mental giant so he should be about to suss me out.)

Yeah I find it funny I've been under their nose. Smooth cooling, ryzen chip motherboard, astroponglord great atari game with remade classic and atari dude remade adventure be great december of atari. It come great if not dont carathon.

You know there's a reason I never say Mr. Harris is a jerk or anything. It would be kind of self defeating. If by chance they can read at least since I'm Tommy and have multiple accounts I will still be there.

This one is for Shawn n Misty. Just because.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gosh, don't post for a day or so & more non-news comes out ;-)

Cheap shots at Amico...

THE LIGHT STILL GOES ON & OFF !

The Register is fake news...

Hey... can I have one of those cardboard cut-outs ?

EVERYONE IS TOMMY !?!?

You mean like the ending of Spartacus ?

I am Tommy...

No I am Tommy...

Etc Etc Etc

Recap @ page 900 ?

Okay... I think that's doable ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I wonder how much pigeon backer overlap there is between the Gameboard and the Ataribollocks(tm).

7 minutes ago, racerx said:

It doesn't have a meaningless Atari logo anywhere in it, so probably not much.

If the backer comments are anything to go by, absolutely zero overlap. There are only 200 people in the gameboard backers club, and the total $$ is a lot smaller, but I was surprised there's not a single question as to "hey, isn't that the guy..."

Rob has a readymade alibi ("they didn't pay their invoices") and he keeps a low public profile, so it seems unlikely to come up. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

what i find the funniest is that the VCS Supporter Kult has so little to actually *talk* about new stuff on the VCS that they are dogging the Amico.  what's up with that?

There seems to be little venn diagram overlap between the two systems and what they're supposed to be for (moms who need a box for Netflix vs. I dunno... moms who haven't played any games since the Wii came out, I guess?*). I'd imagine the hardcore faithful are frightened and angry and just want to... uh... project a little, and the Amico is a convenient target. 

If they were actually fans of "Atari," you'd think they'd be interested that Intellivision has apparently licensed some Atari games (well, names and are making their own games) and aren't really truly in competition... but I think we know that the normalcy bus has left the station for the Kult some time ago. They're not fans of Atari and it's legacy of games, they're fans of buying a cool looking box and to hell with the rest. 

That one guy who keeps saying Amigaco, like that's some kind of epic slam, is truly something else. They'll be lucky if the VCS is remotely half as useful or fun as even the crappiest Amiga. 

*I kid. Mostly.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

The Gameboard kickstarter hit its goal. 

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gameboard1/gameboard-1/

@Clint Thompson @Flojomojo The campaign-proper ended June 30th.  We quit updating June 15th because I no longer felt I could trust the numbers.  I think it was because those numbers were too high.  We just didn't know how many cancellations there were.  Here's a link briefly explaining the caveats and then linking to the original posts that Flo and I made:

I show 10940 backers on that day, which I think I got directly from IGG at the time of the post.  IGG says (see below screenshot) there were 11,216 backers when the campaign ended, and 11,624 when the campaign really ended (June 11th, 2019).  So even if every single person who became a supporter (from donation to joystick to tribue edition console) that's only maybe 700 more supporters--bringing the estimate to 9293.  I believe that's the maximum number and probably quite a bit fewer.  Like Flojo said, not everyone bought consoles.  I believe even a few people here paid $1 just to be able to post.  

image.png.7871a05c49f7a693a6bb3034d766d836.png

• Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

If the backer comments are anything to go by, absolutely zero overlap. There are only 200 people in the gameboard backers club, and the total $$ is a lot smaller, but I was surprised there's not a single question as to "hey, isn't that the guy..."

Rob has a readymade alibi ("they didn't pay their invoices") and he keeps a low public profile, so it seems unlikely to come up. 

Yet another reason why I used to be so adamant that the VCS would be a good product. The people that have their names associated with the VCS project now have to live with that reputation in other projects they take on. Back then I was like, "why would anyone want to put their careers in jeopardy like that?" Lol...

I guess some people don't give a fuck about their careers (or screwing up other peoples' careers). o u o 

Edited by Lodmot
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

The Gameboard kickstarter hit its goal. 

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/gameboard1/gameboard-1/

Have you reserved your low-serial-number edition yet?

#001-100   $749 "Beta Developer-companies only" only 91 left!

#101-250   $649 "Influencer Edition" only 93 left!

#251-500   $549 "Deluxe Edition" — only 145 left!

#501-750   $449 "Special Edition" — only 146 left!

#751-1000 $349 "First Edition" — only 227 left!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

Tommys better get in here quick and defend themselves!

DA5D75B9-407E-487E-BB61-BFEAD713A8C9.jpeg

To quote some Shakespeare (far too above the paygrade of Karl & Miguel to grab the reference):

The Lady Protest Too Much Annoyed GIF - TheLadyProtestTooMuch Annoyed GIFs

Further proving their inability to understand the visuals of the INTV trailer, here are examples of 3D polygons on the Amico (2.5D is talking about the camera perspective, not what the game objects are made out of). Something that I think an 11-year old girl would understand, but not the VCShills (I would also be amazed to see the Jaguar pulling off any of these games in real-time textured 3D, simply because it's impossible to do so. Where people get their ideas on graphics and rendering is often non-scientific)

image.thumb.png.e543a408f54d583549dbbe2a6605287f.png

image.thumb.png.8460038a05f1d27897675b9dfdc6d3e9.png

image.thumb.png.b82deb83ecc09cf5cc05e4752c5441b0.png

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, godslabrat said:

The game board actually had to do something.  Completely different market.

I've only looked at each one briefly, but at first glance The Last Gameboard looks like another also-ran, what's-the-point product compared to the Tilt Five. The Tilt Five is also on kickstarter, but there are already working prototypes (played by Adam Savage's "Tested" crew, etc.). It's supposed to look like this:

The Last Gameboard isn't AR at all, right? Maybe price will be a big differentiator? I dunno. But I do know I'm having tacos for dinner tonight. :)

Edited by aramis
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

The kind of thing you get in your mailbox that makes you think that Retro Gaming peaked a few months ago. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.21adb64c3e18bc438aaa813594577988.jpg

Now FJ there is no need to bring TJ&E into this. BTW I happen to really like Back in the Groove and bought a standard Limited run release and the collectors versions. Also last I checked, I don't wear a beanie cap...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JBerel said:

It's funny Biff/Karl can't even comprehend the difference even though he's a two time Biffy award winner.

See my earlier post this is him practicing for manning a NASA (Neurotic Anal Stage of Atari) space craft.

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

crash fail GIF

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Further proving their inability to understand the visuals of the INTV trailer, here are examples of 3D polygons on the Amico (2.5D is talking about the camera perspective, not what the game objects are made out of). Something that I think an 11-year old girl would understand, but not the VCShills (I would also be amazed to see the Jaguar pulling off any of these games in real-time textured 3D, simply because it's impossible to do so. Where people get their ideas on graphics and rendering is often non-scientific)

Wow, so the childish Amico doesn't "have" 3D graphics but the VCS will?  Sounds like there's still butthurt over the George Pimpton ads from 40 years ago...yeah I was too back when I was like five years old.

Anyway, like the man himself said...

Intellivision Ad 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, MrMaddog said:

Wow, so the childish Amico doesn't "have" 3D graphics but the VCS will?  Sounds like there's still butthurt over the George Pimpton ads from 40 years ago...yeah I was too back when I was like five years old.

Intellivision Ad 2.jpg

Yeah and my Raspberry Pi can also play 3D games. Not sure what their point is other than making it obvious they are jealous that Amico is not as close to release yet way ahead in: Prototype, shown working system (not a black box), game play footage, witnesses that have played on it, developers, and more remade/new Atari games.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MrMaddog said:

Intellivision Ad 2.jpg

I think that this is why they are suddenly all extra salty regarding the Amico. Everything about it is better and has been handled the way that Atari should have done it. Now all they have is envy, and what better way to pretend that the superior retro console sucks than to misconstrue and lie about it?

I wouldn't expect anything less from the Dupe Squad.

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Seriously, who writes this shit?

giphy.gif

Obviously, we can't get too political, but shouting "fake news" until you're blue in the face while you run away and hide is the new hotness.

"It's not a lie, if you believe it." - George Costanza

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3