IGNORED

SNES Mini Confirmed

TPA5

Nintendo can't even keep the Switch on the shelves... I saw ten behind the glass at WalMart day before yesterday. I got hold of my cousin the next day and asked if he had gotten one yet and he said he hadn't even seen one since release. Like me, he doesn't wait in lines and track shipments etc. So I went back today and they were gone... what kind of marketing is that? I really don't know how many they are making, but what is wrong with accumulation of product before shipping?

He is still ticked off about the NES Mini situation.

I remember toy marketing in the 70's and 80's... you made stuff until it quit selling basically. There might be delays, but no shortages. Pre-orders were for the sole purpose of calculating demands in the 90's... that too seems to have changed.

MrBlackCat

• Like 1

Quick question. If this was locked earlier then why unlock it again? And wht was it locked in the first place?

It was locked, several posts have been made invisible for review, a couple people were kicked out of the thread for now, for being unruly and then it was unlocked.

All of which can be undone with a couple of clicks, if you like to read name calling forum bickering bullshit about some plastic objects.

• Like 1

its pretty cut n dry ice, take your reseller vs scalper discussion, add in nanny nanny poo poo FU, and physical threats of violence and you have a cleaned thread

and no as a mod, not that I am one here, you dont have to babysit, there is a report button for a reason

moving on

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

I always find this stuff funny. What are you going to do hit me with some emojis 10 states away lol. People need to relax its just a toy.

Well, I have someone in NY, that can break you ankles over the internet. So myaa.

It was locked, several posts have been made invisible for review, a couple people were kicked out of the thread for now, for being unruly and then it was unlocked.

All of which can be undone with a couple of clicks, if you like to read name calling forum bickering bullshit about some plastic objects.

I think for most people (myself included) it's hardly about the object in question. It's about the principles behind certain actions pertaining to said objects.

This thread looks pretty clean to me, but then again I have half the people in here filtered. I wouldn't like having to be a mod and having to read everyone's post. That's one of the many downsides to being a babysitter moderator.

It's amazing to me, how pretentious and holier-than-thou you manage to sound. My sincere apologies that you have to stoop so low to interact with the peasantry here on AtariAge, especially the ones who have the gall to disagree with your actions. It's so much better to just filter them out and pretend they don't exist.

• Like 1

It's amazing to me, how pretentious and holier-than-thou you manage to sound. My sincere apologies that you have to stoop so low to interact with the peasantry here on AtariAge, especially the ones who have the gall to disagree with your actions. It's so much better to just filter them out and pretend they don't exist.

post-61233-0-07255800-1501872586.gif

Video games/hobbies = FUN. Right? RIGHT??

;)

• Like 2

Start working at home with Nintendo! It's by-far the best job I've had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour scalping NES Minis and other Nintendo products. I work through this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-classic-edition/5919830.p?skuId=5919830&ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&acampID=1&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-vrQ.UcbeEt9Y.HM_69TzaQ

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

Next to the Atari 2600, this is my favorite console.This isn't going to just be an ornament to set on a shelf and forget about.

I want one to be able to officially enjoy many of my favorites in an official way on my HDTV without compromises or expensive aftermarket equipment like a XRGB. And the controllers are an added bonus that will complement the SuperNes games on my Wii U that are absent here like like Pilotwings.

And as compilation fans know, it's just fun to see how the overall package turned out with a bunch of your favorite games, even if they're all games already available in your collection (Did any of us around here buy something like Activision Anthology because we didn't already have Pitfall on cartridge?).

Also, as one that loved the original Star Fox, I've long wanted to see the sequel appear officially. The brief time spent in the unfinished version via emulation tells me it probably wasn't the sequel I was looking for back in the mid 1990's, but I can't pass the chance up to see for myself after so many years.

Worth it just for Star Fox 2. Even if it's a dud, it will be a pleasure to find it out first hand and satisfy over two decades of curiosity.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Some of us just want redundant ways to play things as well, though I might skip out on this product unless I can get it by sane methods.

The only sane method will be if you completely luck out and see one on a shelf in Walmart or Target...oddly enough, a friend literally did this during the last month of the product run. Right place, right time...there were like a half dozen on the shelf!

The price is, unfortunately, too low for scalpers to pass up. And there's enough people out there willing to pay 200 bucks plus for it, so it's just a shitty situation for those of us who really want to pick one up.

I've never actually seen anything like this in retro gaming for as long as I've been around. It's limited supply, outrageous demand, and limited production run to boot. All the factors for a scalper's paradise. It's really too bad. I mean, I never had any sort of a problem like this with getting my Flashback 2, or any of my retro Jakks Pacific Plug n Plays...and while the Jakks stuff eventually became collectible, it had plenty of stuff on the shelves, so that all of us 'regular folk' could get one at retail. Then, as time passed, you'd get some flipping on ebay. But that's about it as far as I can remember.

Nintendo says they're going to produce more of these...after I finishing laughing out loud to Zeus, Apollo, Mercury and the rest of their ilk, I'll remember that Nintendo always says this and never comes through.

But much like an Egyptian Jackass, I'll keep having hope for a better day :D

• Like 2

You can't share zero.

Cannot divide by either, but it doesn't stop one from punching it into a calculator and trying. But since zero multiplied by anything is zero, I'll share with you an infinite amount of zeros. Hopefully we are still even after that transaction. If not even, then odd, rational, irrational, complex, or imaginary, it's all meaningless numbers. It's only the thought that counts, only the heart that loves. So this Christmas, give an SNES Mini to someone less fortunate than you are, because nobody wants "goose eggs" in their stocking... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Preorders open at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=super+nes+classic&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Edit: Took 20 minutes or so, but they're gone now. Hope at least one or two of you saw my post in time. I imagine the other retailers will be following suit over the next day or two, so keep your eyes open if you missed this shot.

Edited by Atariboy

Seems to be up at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Digital-Downloads-Trust-Entertainment-System/dp/B074XPZDQR?tag=viglink20241-20

Doesn't seem like this could be anything else, but you can always cancel if this ends up not being the SNES Classic Edition.

Edited by Atariboy

Lots of hands on impressions are now up on YouTube. Here's one of them.

Below is Nintendo of America's own trailer. And here's the European trailer.

Still have to go to a website for the manuals. Don't see why we can't just have digital scans right on the system itself.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1