IGNORED

SNES Mini Confirmed

TPA5

Nope, it has been announced for North America, too. Press release is right on the Nintendo of America press site. Japan has also announced that the Famicom Mini is returning.

It's worldwide, not just limited to Europe. Not sure where you got that thought from. Even the press release in that Forbes article is ours, not Europe's (Nintendo of Europe press releases aren't coming out of Redmond Washington, the MSRP isn't in Euros, etc.).

Edited by Atariboy

Nope, it has been announced for North America, too. Press release is right on the Nintendo of America press site. Japan has also announced that the Famicom Mini is returning.

It's worldwide, not just limited to Europe. Not sure where you got that thought from. Even the press release in that Forbes article is ours, not Europe's (Nintendo of Europe press releases aren't coming out of Redmond Washington, the MSRP isn't in Euros, etc.).

From the link you provided! If you have other material "directly" from Nintendo then post it. As of right now the only info I seen that came directly from Nintendo which came from the link you provided was what you see below. That says Nintendo UK.

"Update: We've had an official statement from Nintendo UK on this, as well:

We’re happy to confirm that we’ll continue to ship stock of the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System to Europe in 2018.

In addition, next summer we’ll also bring the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System back to Europe. More information will be shared in the future.

Update 2: The Famicom model will also be getting a re-release in Japan in Summer 2018."

What is it even that you don't believe? The NES Classic returning in North America, or the shipment projection for the launch and availability into 2018 of the SNES Classic?

The link I provided said nothing about this not happening in North America. In fact it was entirely about the NES Classic returning to North America and NOA stating that more SNES Classics would ship at launch than Nintendo shipped of NES Classics in total last year, until it was updated later on when NOE posted their press release and then again a bit later when the home division followed suit with a similar press announcement for Japan.

That's why the original article says "in addition to this, the company has confirmed that more units of SNES Classic Edition will ship at launch in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition for the entirety of last year, and additional shipments are due to arrive in stores on a regular basis.".

Or you could just go to any videogame news site in the world or click on the Forbes article if you somehow still think that this hasn't been announced for over here. That link contains the entire Nintendo of America press release announcing both bits of news, which was linked in the post directly above the one you made, over 30 minutes before you ever posted.

Wow, I was surprised to see this story on Google News today (yes, you are correct, the old one is coming back)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2017/09/12/new-nes-classic-shipments-coming-nintendo-says/

This, of course, after I had decided to quit paying attention to collecting "Flashback-type" devices. Now, I'm paying attention again, whilst still attempting to tell myself I'm not handing Nintendo any more money for a while.

Edited by Atariboy

Until Nintendo says and does it, don't expect me or many others to believe it. That article you posted while it did not say they wouldn't do it, it did not say NOA would!

That 2nd article is nothing more than hearsay and they likely just got that information from the first article you posted. Right now all you have shown is something that Nintendo UK supposedly posted and Nintendo UK has nothing to do w/NOA. Forbes got their info from Business Wire, and who knows where Business Wire got their info from.

If they do re-release it, then great and I might buy one. However I will believe it when I see it.

Until Nintendo says and does it, don't expect me or many others to believe it. That article you posted while it did not say they wouldn't do it, it did not say NOA would!

That 2nd article is nothing more than hearsay and they likely just got that information from the first article you posted. Right now all you have shown is something that Nintendo UK supposedly posted and Nintendo UK has nothing to do w/NOA. Forbes got their info from Business Wire, and who knows where Business Wire got their info from.

If they do re-release it, then great and I might buy one. However I will believe it when I see it.

You're as stubborn as a foot fungus.

https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

NES Classic Edition will return Summer 2018

post-2410-0-17423500-1505245685_thumb.png

• Like 3

More SNES minis on launch day than the classics shipped all year.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/Nintendo-News Nintendo-Increases-Inventory-Super-NES-Classic

Edit... Damn, stupid phone was still on page 16, didn't see there was a whole new page of comments already since this morning... Sorry for a rerun!

• Like 2

Sites like that make me want to gouge my eyes out. Fake right down to the quality seal. But then how would I enjoy my favorite games?

Yeah, I just took a look at it and it's pretty cringe worthy. I get making repros of games that haven't been released, but making copies and profiting off games that were released is really pushing it.

• Like 2

The USB port is once again more than just a power lead.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/looks_like_the_snes_classic_mini_is_just_as_hackable_as_the_nes_classic_mini

So it's only a matter of time before it's modded. Should put to rest any thoughts that Nintendo discontinued the NES Classic prematurely as a hasty response to the homebrew community and future Virtual Console sales. If they were so worried about that, the USB port would've surely been crippled here so that there was no potential of access.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

Yep you're speaking to the choir... After all this is a board filled with 40+-year olds that pay attention to old video games for some reason :lol:

That said they're not the same as the classic. The NES classic is all about having the official hardware and box , the games themselves are a mere secondary bonus :)

• Like 1

So you agree with me that they're not the same as the NES Classic or are you just trying to show what stuff you have? :P

Regarding the Tyson's pic, I was actually agreeing with you on the 'original hardware' thing. (Though to be honest, I really only have multiple copies because I can't really play it on my handhelds because the various pattern-based facial gestures are too tiny for me to see. :( )

The NES pic isn't mine, just plucked it from Google.

Unless I'm missing the boat, isn't the 'NES Classic' pretty much like those 'At Games' devices, a glorified plug & play? It hasn't got a cart slot, right? I'm curious to know how/if it differs from a Raspberry Pi setup in a tiny NES case.

(Sincerely would like to know, no sarcasm.)

We dont know how the 2018 NES will function, but yeah, it sure seems that at least the first editions will be collectible for more than just scarcity!

I won't be half surprised if the 2018 edition of the NES Mini contains a few additions, like Blaster Master, Mega Man 3 and a few other interesting titles that are not linked to external licenses (like T.M.N.T., Batman, Disney stuff, etc.). That way, those who didn't previously buy the NES Mini will be able to get the original 30 games together with the new titles, and those who have already bought the NES Mini will be tempted to purchase the new edition for the extra games. So more money in the big pockets of the Big 'N'.

Ever better, they could replace a few games among the 30 originals, making the original 2016 edition of the NES Mini remain interesting for collectors. Who needs Final Fantasy, Castlevania II and Double Dragon II when they could replace them with Crystalis, Castlevania III and Battletoads?

Unless I'm missing the boat, isn't the 'NES Classic' pretty much like those 'At Games' devices, a glorified plug & play? It hasn't got a cart slot, right? I'm curious to know how/if it differs from a Raspberry Pi setup in a tiny NES case.

(Sincerely would like to know, no sarcasm.)

FUNCTIONALLY yes.. of course the NES Classic is just an emulation device like the Atgames or an Rpi3 setup, etc. 'Course the NES Classic has it's own nice menu and save state functionality which is pretty cool.

But, my entire point is it doesn't matter that it's the same idea. The difference is the HARDWARE and it's an actual official Nintendo product. That's what people want. it's even about the box (yes it's silly but that's how it is :lol:). So you can make all the clones of something you want and they may match it perfectly or even improve it. But it's still not the Nintendo product that rolled off their lines. And yes, the games round it up.. but we know that's available to us many ways. :)

Edited by NE146

FUNCTIONALLY yes.. of course the NES Classi cis just an emulation device like the Atgames or an Rpi3 setup, etc. 'Course the NES Classic has it's own nice menu and save state functionality which is pretty cool.

But, my entire point is it doesn't matter that it's the same idea. The difference is the HARDWARE and it's an actual official Nintendo product. That's what people want. it's even about the box (yes it's silly but that's how it is :lol:). So you can make all the clones of something you want and they may match it perfectly or even improve it. But it's still not the Nintendo product that rolled off their lines. And yes, the games round it up.. but we know that's available to us many ways. :)

Ah, gotcha.

I wonder why they didn't design it with a cartridge slot, though? I've got my theories, but I wonder what other folks have to say....