IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

My sweet new Sears heavy  :)

79555R

The whole shabang - original box, manual, paddles, Target Fun cart & even sticks with the Sears hex discs!  All in beautiful condition! 

whheeeee!! :D

1029591[/snapback]

Hi, I'm new here and just picked up a completely sealed 6-switch, from what I'm reading here it most likely is a heavy sixer.  It's got 1977 on the front of the carton, all '77's were heavy sixers right?  I see no S/N on the box like my 4-switch carton.

Thanks!

- Doug

1029613[/snapback]

Awesome finds! Thanks for posting.

crunchysuperman:

Pics of that setup would be great.

ChevyNo1:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. A sealed Heavy is quite a find, I'm not sure I could keep it for long without opening it if it were mine :D Just the thought of that brand new Heavy would be almost too much for me to pass up, I'd have to open it or sell it quick.

ChevyNo1:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. A sealed Heavy is quite a find, I'm not sure I could keep it for long without opening it if it were mine :D  Just the thought of that brand new Heavy would be almost too much for me to pass up, I'd have to open it or sell it quick.

1029775[/snapback]

Thanks for having a cool forum to discuss Atari! I have been using AtariAge for the last 2 years in my Atari purchases, I have quite a collection now of all-sealed stuff, and this last one I believe is my best, according to what I'm learning here! I of course knew the 6-switch was the original, and knew the heavy-sixer was the one to have, but just got this less than 2 weeks ago now, and for the time being completely forgot about the heavy!

I've also got two sealed 4-switch boxes; I'm extremely picky since I got ripped off once on a *sealed* box. As soon as it arrived I started inspecting it; in a matter of seconds I was convinced it's never been opened. And it really is in quite beautiful shape! Since I collect only sealed stuff ( at least so far ), I can't ever imagine opening this up, unless I'm on my deathbed ;)

- Dug

Hey again, I just wanted to know if there is any way to get the S/N for my unit?

1030493[/snapback]

If it's not on the outside of the box, I don't know of any way other than by opening it and reading the label on the console.

There may be an imaging technology that is sensitive enough to detect the ink on the label without opening the box, but I doubt that something as simple as an airport baggage scanner could do it. Perhaps one of the medical type scanners or something in use by the NSA might do it, but I have no idea how you could get to "borrow" one for something as trivial as this. You'd have to know someone, and I guess if you did you wouldn't be asking, right?

Awesome setup. Looks minty. I've got a complete Sears set too, but in nowhere near that condition. Thanks for the pics. :lust:

Do you know if there is a difference in the boxes for the Sears Heavy's? Like the chess piece on the Atari Heavy box.

Edited by Wester

Hey again, I just wanted to know if there is any way to get the S/N for my unit?

1030493[/snapback]

If it's not on the outside of the box, I don't know of any way other than by opening it and reading the label on the console.

There may be an imaging technology that is sensitive enough to detect the ink on the label without opening the box, but I doubt that something as simple as an airport baggage scanner could do it. Perhaps one of the medical type scanners or something in use by the NSA might do it, but I have no idea how you could get to "borrow" one for something as trivial as this. You'd have to know someone, and I guess if you did you wouldn't be asking, right?

1030580[/snapback]

Thanks a lot, I figured as much . . . I'm not that curious! ;)

crunchysuperman:

Pics of that setup would be great.

Ok :cool:

1030608[/snapback]

You should post a scan of the parts order/diagram page(s) from the manual so other collectors can get them from Sears service centers.

That's only a half-joke, Sears really does keep a lot of very old parts stock in their warehouses. I got a carburetor rebuild kit for a 20-year-old lawnmower with no problem a couple of years ago! I would not be surprised at all if they still have some replacement controllers on hand, for example (probably not heavy sixer style, but you never know).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

That's only a half-joke, Sears really does keep a lot of very old parts stock in their warehouses. I got a carburetor rebuild kit for a 20-year-old lawnmower with no problem a couple of years ago! I would not be surprised at all if they still have some replacement controllers on hand, for example (probably not heavy sixer style, but you never know).

I got a heating element for a 30 year old clothes dryer from their online parts store. I was surprised they still had it in stock. Unfortunately, they didn't have a high-limit thermostat that I also needed.

okay, finally pulled my heavy-sixer out of storage...

Atari Video Computer System serial # 83093J

got the original power supply, first gen paddles, and first ed. owner's manual, but no matching box or first gen joysticks

Edited by Zwackery

Finally got around to getting mine down...

44926P No channel select switch Atari unit

It has two stickers on the bottom of it but I am scared to peel the first one back far. I will eventally. There is also a heat stamp in the bottom of the plastic that reads 110 like the later models for week/month. This is clearly a heavy sixer though and the stamp is inside the embossed sticker area, not in the traditional stamp space at the back of the console.

Found in the wild near Green Bay.

Cassidy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...