IGNORED

JagZombies

WAVE 1 GAMES

That's cool! My demo was created using Project Tempest as test environment back in the day and was quite picky on the real hardware. Sometimes it ran, sometimes not and back then I didn't have the time to figure out how to fix it.

I have sent you a PM. I'll see if I still have the original assets somewhere. Maybe you can tell me more about your idea and what you need. :)

• Like 3

rotate and zoom in our out while they get blown away would look good i think ;-)

I would do that but as I was explaining to someone else today the Jaguar's Object Processor doesn't support sprite rotation. The only way to do it is a custom sprite and I'm almost out of room for new assets such as a custom sprite rotated in 16 different angles for 4 different zombie types. The Zoom effect CAN be done and that's the general idea I had. One zombie will zoom into the foreground while moving off to the left and another will zoom backward. There also has to be variations depending on where the zombies are standing depth wise. Also what if you wait to shoot the barrel until there are like 10 zombies on screen (which is gonna happen in this level btw) that's 10 different zombies flying away that need to be manipulated differently which I think will look pretty bad ass if I can pull it off right! Just think about how an explosion works and imagine 10 zombies hit by it. some will go one way, others another, some zoom forward, some zoom back, it should look pretty cool!

Also what if you wait to shoot the barrel until there are like 10 zombies on screen (which is gonna happen in this level btw) that's 10 different zombies flying away

Why would it kill all of them and not just those near it? Depth sort and calculate distance, and increase damage to the zombie by proximity.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was certain there was a hardware way to do it and just kept saying no way, there's got to be a way, though other people seem to mention steering clear of it for whatever reason.

It's not very fast at rotation, but it will certainly do for this.

I'm not trying to piss on your parade. Just make sure you've got permissions for everything you use that's not 100% your own handywork. Graphics, fonts, sound effects, music, you name it... Get permissions and credit the 'originating' source. It'll save a lot of egg on face later on.

I'm not trying to piss on your parade. Just make sure you've got permissions for everything you use that's not 100% your own handywork. Graphics, fonts, sound effects, music, you name it... Get permissions and credit the 'originating' source. It'll save a lot of egg on face later on.

If history is any indication the eggs will fly for a whole horde of other reasons ..... too soon for that ..... gotta keep a positive attitude .... but I agree the credits on the game should mention the source of the gfx ....

• Like 2

Jaguar Doom style? Yeah that needs to happen too someway, perhaps with the hand grenades?

I don't know how hard this would be, but how easy would it be to have the image change as they're flying through the air? IE: make it look like they're blowing up.

Wouldn't change the math, you'd just be changing the graphic.