IGNORED

Champ Games - Mappy - 2600

johnnywc

Care to give us an idea of what the other new games will be??

Dungeon II: Solstice (2600)

Balloon Trip (2600)

Space Game (2600)

Sheep It Up! (2600)

RealSports Curling (5200)

Serpentine (7800)

Froggie (7800)

May also have all the new Trak-Ball hacks for the 2600 in the store at the same time, but no guarantees on that yet. :)

..Al

• Like 4

On the contrary, my first and last name get misspelled all the time. Nathen is the most common. But I've had Natham, Nathun, Nathon, Nathien (still trying to figure that one out), as well as Strumm, Strumn, Strom, Sturm, Stern, Stromme, and for some reason, Smith. I'll admit though, I usually just copy/paste your last name when I need to type it someplace. ;)

I once received a package I ordered over the phone. "Alford [last name redacted]". They also mispelled the street but it still got here. Um, it's Alfred, thank you. Nobody lives here by that name, but I'll accept the package anyway. I've also been called "Albert" a few times, including on this very forum. ;-)

Dungeon II: Solstice (2600)

Balloon Trip (2600)

Space Game (2600)

Sheep It Up! (2600)

RealSports Curling (5200)

Serpentine (7800)

Froggie (7800)

May also have all the new Trak-Ball hacks for the 2600 in the store at the same time, but no guarantees on that yet. :)

..Al

Oooo, trakballz. Do want... :lust:

Has anyone got Mappy working on the Atari Flashback Portables or the RetroN 77? Please let me know.

- Danny

These games will not work without either ARM emulation (current versions of Stella), or real time cart bus interface (FPGA console hardware).

Retron77 uses a cart dumper with an outdated version of Stella emulator. Additionally some carts with extra hardware such as Pitfall II or early Melody DPC games, may run as roms but are not dumpable as carts.

These games will not work without either ARM emulation (current versions of Stella), or real time cart bus interface (FPGA console hardware).

Retron77 uses a cart dumper with an outdated version of Stella emulator. Additionally some carts with extra hardware such as Pitfall II or early Melody DPC games, may run as roms but are not dumpable as carts.

Same reason it won't run on Android emulators.

So I played the 20180606 version and noticed that the balloon cat in the bonus stage can't actually go high enough to pop one of the top balloons it seems. As far as I know, in the original you may either pop the two balloons then go for the bottom one, or go for one of them then the cat balloon, and the cat will rise up to pop the last balloon with the music stopped or something.

Has there been any updates since that version that changed this?

Edited by Tangentg

So I played the 20180606 version and noticed that the balloon cat in the bonus stage can't actually go high enough to pop one of the top balloons it seems. As far as I know, in the original you may either pop the two balloons then go for the bottom one, or go for one of them then the cat balloon, and the cat will rise up to pop the last balloon with the music stopped or something.

Since the game was recently released on cart we're just waiting on Johnny to put out the final version rom.

Hello!

I believe this only happens on the 3rd and 4th bonus stages (level 11 and 15); from what I saw while playing, Goro will go up a little on level 3 but not high enough to pop a balloon; a little higher on level 7 and finally high enough on level 11.

On level 15 he jumps to the right off the trampoline and will pop the highest balloon in the 2nd to the last column.

I'm pretty sure this was in the last public ROM posted. Hope that helps!

Since the game was recently released on cart we're just waiting on Johnny to put out the final version rom.

Yes, I will most likely post the final version of the ROM sometime in early 2019.

Have fun!

John

• Like 1

Me too. Mappy was one of my favorite AC games growing up and I bought Namco Museum v.2 PSX for that and "Galaga 3". I tried the last public version on the harmony cart and can't believe I'm playing Mappy on the 2600. Good stuff!

Edited by BrianC
  • Like 1

Looking forward to it, John. Good luck with Wizard Of Wor going smoothly. I'm sure it'll be as great as your previous releases.

Thanks! WoW Arcade is coming along nicely and I'm looking forward to getting back to work on it after the holidays. In the meantime I'm working on a proof-of-concept for what Champ Games hopes to release at PRGE in 2019.. details to follow! :)

• Like 4

Great timing on this release... I can't wait to get it.

I have that "Christmas list" problem that I think a lot of guys have where I would just buy it, but it's better to put it on the list so my family get's me something I want... I'm very thankful for the .bin file, while I wait :)

I play the NES version and i'm quite sure while on the 3rd level there you can use Goro to pop balloon, you can't here. I don't remember for the arcade version.

Hmmm, that may be true... I have never played the NES version.

Here is a video from youtube of the arcade version; it doesn't look like Goro gets high enough on the 3rd level (1st bonus level) to pop any balloons, but I may have missed something:

https://youtu.be/X08oIPJPFX8?t=269

Goro (AKA Nyamco) utilization is mentioned here:

"In the third and fourth bonus stage, one of the balloons must be popped by the Nyamco that bursts out of the large blue Nyamco balloon when you break it. In the third stage, Nyamco will break the balloon at the top of the left column. In the fourth stage, he will break the balloon at that is one column to the right of the left edge."

• Like 1

Goro (AKA Nyamco) utilization is mentioned here:

"In the third and fourth bonus stage, one of the balloons must be popped by the Nyamco that bursts out of the large blue Nyamco balloon when you break it. In the third stage, Nyamco will break the balloon at the top of the left column. In the fourth stage, he will break the balloon at that is one column to the right of the left edge."

Good find! Great, so it looks like we did implement it the correct way. :)

Have fun!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...