IGNORED

Legend of Silverpeak RPG

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about this project. To clarify what gambler172 said, there are some other things that that are incomplete in this release.

1) When you enter and complete each dungeon the crystal is not guarded. It was my original intention to add a boss fight in each dungeon, right now when you get to each last dungeon screen you can simply pick up the crystal with no fight.

2) As gambler172 noted, loading and saving to the AtariVox is not currently functional. You can use save states in emulation on A7800/Mame/Mess, however.

3) There is a slight screen flash when you switch rooms that very briefly shows unintended graphics on the screen. This is likely due to me overrunning the capabilities of MARIA in screen transitions and I have not yet addressed that.

4) In the graveyard area you will be randomly attacked live by skeletons rather than the typical turn based attack. I did notice some strange character movement issues during this attack sequence, in some cases you may not be able to move in areas that you otherwise should be able to.

5) I have a defined level progression in place, but because of the long amount of time it takes to actually play the game it's not well tested for game play balance. Same goes for the progression of how quickly you can earn gold with monster fights vs. how much it costs to continue to purchase health potions and other items, it's not well tested for balance as you progress in the game.

6) Some items you can buy in the marketplace have no actual function in the game.

7) There are no sound effects and there is no music, right now this game is completely devoid of audio. I do appreciate the AA members who offered assistance with that, I just haven't been able to get back to this.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head as I haven't played it or modified any code since January '18, there may be some other minor issues. With all those things said, the main storyline of the game was completed and the game can be beaten. It's basically a playable work in progress and I still do not have any defined timeline to get back to it due to personal and family issues.

Steve
  • Like 11

• 2 years later...

FYI I noticed the load_game routine uses the "savememory" command instead of "loadmemory", which is at least part of the issue with the save/load functionality, if not all of it. I recompiled my copy after making this change, but I don't have a cart that supports ROMs that are that large, so I don't know if this now works properly. Are there any multicarts that work with 512K ROMs?

59 minutes ago, Karl G said:

FYI I noticed the load_game routine uses the "savememory" command instead of "loadmemory", which is at least part of the issue with the save/load functionality, if not all of it. I recompiled my copy after making this change, but I don't have a cart that supports ROMs that are that large, so I don't know if this now works properly. Are there any multicarts that work with 512K ROMs?

Dragonfly does as the latest build of EXO is 512kb and that works ok. Let me know if you want me to test it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

Dragonfly does as the latest build of EXO is 512kb and that works ok. Let me know if you want me to test it.

Hi Muddy

Dragonfly takes all 512k games.....only Silverpeak does not work

If you want me to test your games on Dragonfly...

i have 13 different 7800 systems ?

I just realized that there are two different load/save routines, and I only updated one. I've updated the other and recompiled, and replaced the ROM I posted with the new version above.

This won't likely have any effect on the crash @Muddyfunster experienced, though, since the update is to the load routines, not the save routines.

Thanks for testing, at any rate!

3 minutes ago, Karl G said:

I just realized that there are two different load/save routines, and I only updated one. I've updated the other and recompiled, and replaced the ROM I posted with the new version above.

This won't likely have any effect on the crash @Muddyfunster experienced, though, since the update is to the load routines, not the save routines.

Thanks for testing, at any rate!

Hi Carl

works great ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gambler172 said:

i only checked,if it works...save option not tested....what should i use?

Savekey or Atarivox?

SaveKey and AtariVox should be the same as far as saving goes, so feel free to try either one. Cool that the game works on hardware apart from saving, at least. I don't know if anyone's been able to try it before now to be sure.

4 minutes ago, Karl G said:

SaveKey and AtariVox should be the same as far as saving goes, so feel free to try either one. Cool that the game works on hardware apart from saving, at least. I don't know if anyone's been able to try it before now to be sure.

Hi Carl

used my savekey on an Ntsc system

Same like at Muddys test...i got a yellow screen.

Programming a Save option seems not to be easy ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Karl

Steve told me,that his Save code does not work.

Feel free to fix it,if you can.

Yeah, it had been reported to not work before. I had thought I had found the issue, but I guess there must be more going on to cause the issue. 

3 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

No worries, was worth a test. The test bin is really nice, I hope @Atarius Maximus picks it up again one day.

Thanks for the updates and interest in the game, guys. I appreciate it. I may get back to it. This game just became overwhelming for me in size and scope, and I started to hit a wall with hardware resources. Making changes and additions was starting to require removing existing game features. The Atarivox load/save routines are documented and should work if properly implemented, I’m sure I just made a mistake somewhere. 

• Like 6