IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

11 minutes ago, Havok69 said:

If I have a 1010 program recorder hooked up, can the AVG be connected at the same time, or will it need to be directly connected to the computer's SIO port?

A clear yes-and-no. ;)

AVG has, like the 1010, only a SIO-cable with plug.

But if you own a SIO splitter then both should work fine together.

44 minutes ago, Havok69 said:

The 1010 has two ports, just like the 1050. So it sounds like it would work. I might have to keep that splitter in mind once I add a 1050 to the chain though. Thanks for the link!

it should work, the only limitation is sio cable length (the one for avgcart is cca 30cm)

2 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

A quick ask, I've not booted my Atari for a few months, I wanted to have a play on the AVG and did. But I suddenly have a C next to random files in the menu and I think I saw a T. What are these and how do I get rid of them ;)

And yes, I did reread the manual..

PS, latest firmware...

PS2, I think I imagined the T as I can't see any files with a T before them now..

PS5, none of the files with C will boot, it's like the disk is not there..

Just looked at the files on the PC and they are all 0 byte files?

Looks like C equals corrupt, any other letters that might pop up @tmp

Checked my PC and had a few 0 byte files on the emulation HD, bloody windows 10 and it's "this disk may have issues (which it does not) and then 'fixes' the drive and corrupts files as it does it. Known issue, supposedly solved (not!). AVG is fine and not the problem...

that 'C' looks like a display bug i should fix, normally it should show only next to CAR files you "mounted" (TAB) but apparently it might show next to zero size files (or corrupted entries) but that should be just cosmetic

12 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I just ordered an AVG cart , it can be used with the FujiNet and U1MB board no problem?

you didn't order eci/pbi cable so there should be no issues with u1mb

fujinet has a tendency to put its config disk as d1: so you might need to turn it off when you want avgcart to emulate d1: otherwise they should coexist just fine (unless you have the first hw revision of fujinet, i believe that it didn't play well with other devices on sio chain)

13 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I just ordered an AVG cart , it can be used with the FujiNet and U1MB board no problem?

I want to digitize most of my 6000 record collection onto AVG with FujiConvert. (and maybe post some of the songs).

Russ

If you are going to post them direct to the forum I'd have a chat with Albert first, a large quantity may affect cost of forum hosting..Just saying..

I was wondering what format to use on Fujiconvert for the AVG cart, I tried AtariMax , and got these two files back for upload, I have not got my AVG cart yet but wondered if AtariMax is the closest format for digitiziing songs...

Here are trhe two files:

American Pie pdm16_14_0 mono 7860Hz atarimax ntsc (4).zip

Styx - Mr. Roboto (Official Video) pdm16_14_0 mono 7860Hz atarimax ntsc.zip

36 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

I was wondering what format to use on Fujiconvert for the AVG cart, I tried AtariMax , and got these two files back for upload, I have not got my AVG cart yet but wondered if AtariMax is the closest format for digitiziing songs...

source: https://atari8bit.net/tutorials/de-re-avgcart/#PDM_Audio_player

PDM Audio player

PDM files are audio files, encoded in a format so that they can be played back on an Atari 8-bit. Here is the AtariAge thread where this is discussed. AtariAge user Xuel wrote a player for these files that works with the AVGCART.

To get this working is pretty simple. There is a file included with new firmware releases called PDMPLAY, just put that in the root of your SD card and copy some PDM files to the SD. Now you can play them just by picking them from the menu.

Make sure your PDM files are the correct region (PAL/NTSC) for your Atari or the speed will be wrong.

You can create your own PDM files using Xuel’s online tool “FujiConvert“. You can find that here. The output media you should choose is “IDE Player”

14 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

source: https://atari8bit.net/tutorials/de-re-avgcart/#PDM_Audio_player

PDM Audio player

PDM files are audio files, encoded in a format so that they can be played back on an Atari 8-bit. Here is the AtariAge thread where this is discussed. AtariAge user Xuel wrote a player for these files that works with the AVGCART.

To get this working is pretty simple. There is a file included with new firmware releases called PDMPLAY, just put that in the root of your SD card and copy some PDM files to the SD. Now you can play them just by picking them from the menu.

Make sure your PDM files are the correct region (PAL/NTSC) for your Atari or the speed will be wrong.

You can create your own PDM files using Xuel’s online tool “FujiConvert“. You can find that here. The output media you should choose is “IDE Player”

Thanks , I will try it when I get my AVG cart.................. Russ

22 hours ago, tmp said:

i'll send you an update to try

Thank you very much, if now loads that .car without problems. 🤩

avgcart.thumb.jpg.591d512926b9b66b95323357b667d965.jpg

I was reviewing some non-standard cassette loaders developed in my country and several loaded, but I still do not review all as there are several.😅

I attach this game that does not load, it must have some kind of protection that was not emulated in the cartridge, so you can check it when you have time.😅

Cosmic Tunnels (1983)(Datamost)(US)[!].atx

On 8/26/2022 at 5:21 PM, tmp said:

new beta - ac27

interesting to those who have stock (16kB ram) 600xl machine and pbi cable, it tries to provide missing 48kB to make it 64kB machine, at the expense of some cart ram (so e.g. 1MB car files are a no go)

extram support (ctrl-shift-m) needs to be enabled for it to work but otherwise it should work (or break) automatically

tmp, Sorry for the late feedback.  I only just now noticed that with AC26 and AC27 FLOB cartridge for AVGCart is unable to detect my FLOB.SAV file. 

p.s. quick update - This problem is only true if I use the search function to find FLOB.  Works ok if I navigate to FLOB.

Edited by a8isa1

4 hours ago, ascrnet said:

I attach this game that does not load, it must have some kind of protection that was not emulated in the cartridge, so you can check it when you have time.😅

Cosmic Tunnels (1983)(Datamost)(US)[!].atx 42.88 kB · 1 download

that game seems to hate extra ram (in altirra too) so try to run it with extram disabled (doesn't even load on 130xe)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, a8isa1 said:

tmp, Sorry for the late feedback.  I only just now noticed that with AC26 and AC27 FLOB cartridge for AVGCart is unable to detect my FLOB.SAV file. 

p.s. quick update - This problem is only true if I use the search function to find FLOB.  Works ok if I navigate to FLOB.

oh, that's an oversight, i'll have to fix it

the workaround to have it work from search would be ctrl-return, return