IGNORED

WaterWorld color variation...

GruBBworM

Has anyone noticed the water damage evidence present on the Orange label on the left bottom?  Maybe this is the culprit.

Yes, we have noticed it. No, it is not the culrpit. I too have an orange label waterworld, and it does not have any water damage to it.

I have two different text label Combats not listed in the giant list of variations:

One with a high gloss finish that no other Combat carts have and one with a different color lettering I attributed to bad ink. Maybe these are valuable.

SOoooooo!!!!!!!!  

After all this debate is the orange Waterworld any less Valuble than the red WaterWorld???

In my opinion it doesn't mean anything as far as the value of the cart.

It isn't worth calling it a unique variation just because the colors are a little off. I do know that I would be very happy just to say that I own a S.Q. Waterworld, let alone 2 of them!

Both carts are very nice, enjoy them equally

Doug

SOoooooo!!!!!!!!  

After all this debate is the orange Waterworld any less Valuble than the red WaterWorld???

Value is a tricky thing to pin down. I suppose that if there is a detectable difference in the appearance of the two labels -- regardless of the cause or reason -- AND if you can find a buyer who will agree with you that there is a worthwhile difference AND if you can hype him up on the "Value" of the difference AND if he gives you more money for the cart than you would otherwise expect from your other Waterworld cart, then yes. Your label "variation" woud have more value... to you and to your buyer.

To the collecting community at large, however, it would be a much tougher sell.

Ben

Archived