IGNORED

Moon Patrol body shop !

TIX

much better... :)

now if we just add the base-pad we roll off of in the beginning :o

seriously though, later on that enemy rocket thing that tries to get at you from behind :)

Looking good for me guys!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Run it in emulation and check DMACTL shadow register $022f. Are the rightmost 2 bits $01, $02, or $03? (01, 10, 11 IN BINARY)

Not sure what effect it would have changing the setting of DMACTL. You could try it in an emulator and see.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering and you can't query into a shadow, maybe that is the write register... anyway, running in Altirra, DMACTL is $3E or "0011 1110". So the playfield bytes are the right-most two bits so "10" which is (I believe) means it is a 'normal playfield'. What happens if I change it to setting 3 or "11" ? Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it abended because this affects timing and memory Antic uses. But I also think it answers the question why the edges are ugly - you are seeing the DLI color changes of COLBK on the edges. If they had coded the game in Wide "11" mode, I think you wouldn't have noticed that. But maybe they did it for optimization.

but it looks awesome on real Atari 130XE NTSC and on Gunstars 800 Pal machine, both LCD and CRT !!!!

Must be an emu thing... did you set the 800 lum setting in Altira? It might just fix your wash out..

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

but it looks awesome on real Atari 130XE NTSC and on Gunstars 800 Pal machine, both LCD and CRT !!!!

Must be an emu thing... did you set the 800 lum setting in Altira? It might just fix your wash out..

Switched to pal mode in Alrirra, and bam there it is ! perfect colors and correct speed :-D

• Like 1

Switched to pal mode in Alrirra, and bam there it is ! perfect colors and correct speed :-D

AWESOME! So this is working in PAL but not NTSC... which means... Atari 800 (though I had it in NTSC mode) is actually the PAL colors and that I need to make a NTSC color set.

Hey TIX, you seem full of energy, can you update these two with your enemy mods as you go?

This is the Atari 800 disk image, they'll love that!

Moon Patrol-n01c.atr

5200 version... the one we've promised for a while.

MoonPatrol 02 5200.bin

You got the sprite modding down, if you can update those two with what you've got, will be great.

Sure I will, as soon as I declare this hack done (at least as far as i am concerned !)

I'm currently trying to figure out how the wheels works.. It is confusing, but I'm getting there..

Edit

aha :) now get it !

post-65-0-63571900-1538081305.jpg

post-65-0-74444000-1538081314.jpg

post-65-0-90748600-1538082448.jpg

Edited by TIX