IGNORED

MiSTer FPGA

Newsdee

I've been having n64 controller-pak saving issues with the core, so I've got an n64 snac on order to see if my saving problems go away.  ...or if they start spreading to my real saves. 😅  

Between the n64 turbo core, 0mhz collection, and replacing ps1 cue/bins with chds, MiSTer's really been monopolizing my free time.

Edited by Reaperman

On 3/29/2024 at 8:34 PM, Reaperman said:

I've been having n64 controller-pak saving issues with the core, so I've got an n64 snac on order to see if my saving problems go away.  ...or if they start spreading to my real saves. 😅  

Between the n64 turbo core, 0mhz collection, and replacing ps1 cue/bins with chds, MiSTer's really been monopolizing my free time.

Assuming you're familiar with SNAC usage -- if I have SNAC for "real" controllers, does it save the info after initial setup to allow easy switching, or any issues with switching from NES to Genesis to SNES to PS1, etc? 

For example, if I use a real NES controller with the NES core, then unplug that and plug in a Genesis controller for Genesis, then later switch to SNES controller for SNES, will it seamlessly know and use my settings, or do I need to config anything between switches.

...  hope all that made sense.  😁 

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Assuming you're familiar with SNAC usage -- if I have SNAC for "real" controllers, does it save the info after initial setup to allow easy switching, or any issues with switching from NES to Genesis to SNES to PS1, etc? 

For example, if I use a real NES controller with the NES core, then unplug that and plug in a Genesis controller for Genesis, then later switch to SNES controller for SNES, will it seamlessly know and use my settings, or do I need to config anything between switches.

...  hope all that made sense.  😁 

There's no per-controller setup or save like usb controllers, loading the appropriate core, and setting a controller to snac is all that's required.

from my understanding, the cores hook to the snac controller port as the original systems did. So the controllers can't manipulate MiSTer menus.

It's a little weird in some core menus, when you have a snac-connected light gun in hand, the correct answer to what kind of controller is attached is 'snac,' and not light gun. 

SNAC is pretty great. About the only bummer I've ever had while using them was finding out the 2600 one didn't support paddles. But it's great to be able to use an nes zapper, or back up my ps1 saves from back in the day.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reaperman said:

There's no per-controller setup or save like usb controllers, loading the appropriate core, and setting a controller to snac is all that's required.

from my understanding, the cores hook to the snac controller port as the original systems did. So the controllers can't manipulate MiSTer menus.

It's a little weird in some core menus, when you have a snac-connected light gun in hand, the correct answer to what kind of controller is attached is 'snac,' and not light gun. 

SNAC is pretty great. About the only bummer I've ever had while using them was finding out the 2600 one didn't support paddles. But it's great to be able to use an nes zapper, or back up my ps1 saves from back in the day.

Thanks.  That convinced me to go get one and give it a shot.   And then I got all the rest while I was at it because, well... you know how it goes. 😁

• Like 1

I used the "update all" script today and now a lot of Arcade games give "missing rom" errors.  Even some that worked before.   It gonna be like Mame and break things with every update, or something I'm missing (besides those roms :) )?

I haven't done any troubleshooting yet.  I'll get to that later when I have time, but figured I'd come here to bitch n' moan about it first.  

On 4/9/2024 at 5:05 PM, NE146 said:

Did you use the most current update-all script?  And what games are giving that error?

Yes, current script best of my knowledge

I'd have to revisit and check for sure, but 3 that come to mind immediately were Aliens, Blade Master, and Bosconian