IGNORED

MiSTer FPGA

Newsdee

So Irem M92 core is out, as in 'out and in the Update All script.' 

I only had a go at In the Hunt so far.  It felt pretty good, but there's a weird continue screen sound effect that sounds too loud(?)--I only have evercade to compare to, though. I suck, so I spend a lot of time on that continue screen. 🤣

It's going to be a fun weekend. Updating the downstairs mistercade and getting some hours in on M92.

Also, lots of rumbling about an n64 core possibly in the future. (lu retro source vid) It seems there's already talk of maybe MiSTer not being able to handle it 100%, so I'll keep my expectations low for now, but I'm a big arcade racer fan, and N64 is probably the single best system there has ever been for those.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NE146 said:

ah cool.. I always like new arcade cores on the MiSTer. Granted, any excitement of "new" is tempered by default with most any arcade game being already playable in Mame for years. But still.. great to have an fpga core for them! 

Yes, that was one thing I wasn't all that excited for when I first got my MiSTer ("what's the point of arcade cores when MAME exists?"), but I've come around on it. Its arcade cores generally seem to look better for me, involve less tweaking, and I've got the capability of playing them on a CRT in RGB. It's a pretty good experience.

Definitely going to be updating mine tonight to try out some of those M92 games that didn't have home conversions, like Hook.

7 hours ago, Austin said:

Its arcade cores generally seem to look better for me, involve less tweaking, and I've got the capability of playing them on a CRT in RGB. It's a pretty good experience.

For sure!.. 'Course via HDMI out, you can rotate or scale all sorts of ways, but when I play some arcade cores on a CRT I get the usual deal where some games meant for a vertical display are sideways, etc. (Is there a way to change that? e.g. Pac/Ms. Pac) . I just chalk it up to that's how it is with the arcade boards.

5 hours ago, NE146 said:

For sure!.. 'Course via HDMI out, you can rotate or scale all sorts of ways, but when I play some arcade cores on a CRT I get the usual deal where some games meant for a vertical display are sideways, etc. (Is there a way to change that? e.g. Pac/Ms. Pac) . I just chalk it up to that's how it is with the arcade boards.

Nope, when you play on a CRT, it displays the way it originally would on a CRT, like the original PCB. The only "rotate" options are in the core's dipswitch settings, and generally it's just a 180 flip.  

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Don't play In the Hunt. Play Kaitei Daisensou instead, as they messed up the stage order in the international version.

No one cares, Chico.

Edited by Austin

here's hoping for Ninja Turtles to hit update all soon.  Looks like that might actually be a 'within the next few days' thing.

Random question for MiSTer folks, some setting I have (in update all?) seems to condense the arcade roms down to one instance, clearing out the regional/hack/bugfix and other variants. How do I either undo that, or choose another variant to play?  I'm liking some of the versions I'm seeing in the equivalent update script on analogue pocket.

I'd really like to play the better outruns on MiSTer.

Edited by Reaperman