IGNORED

MiSTer FPGA

Newsdee

Wrt Mister and NeoGeo console core, I finished AeroFighters 2 and 3 on it and they both have audio issues eventually.

On AeroFighters 2 the sound (music and sfx) became a single annoying tone the second loop around while in AeroFighters 3 audio went silent after 5 or 6 levels.

In both cases I was playing in NTSC mode (Mister core menu) and via Unibios set as USA/Console, I started the game at the easiest level and activated cheats (1P max power, unlim bombs etc..).

On a real NTSC AES via NeoSDPro same setting (USA/Console with Unibios 4 and same cheats for 1P) none of it happens.

Anyone can confirm? (AeroFighters 2 is quite long due to the double loop, so it could take a little).

10 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Wrt Mister and NeoGeo console core, I finished AeroFighters 2 and 3 on it and they both have audio issues eventually.

This was a few months ago, but on the TG16 core I did also find audio issues "eventually". I forget exactly how it sounded but playing TG16 Military Madness (a game I know by heart), I do recall the sound started wigging out after a little while. I should try and recreate it...

Sorry to hijack Baconator's thread (apparently it's all his now), but I tried to fire up my MiSTer today and I'm getting no picture from either the HDMI out or analogue (VGA) out. Has anyone experienced this issue and figured out a solution for it? Everything seems to be powered on fine, fan is spinning, all the standard lights are on. Hard drive is getting power as well when connected. I've reseated all the cables, reinserted the SD cards, etc. Someone had suggested one of the cards might be corrupt, but I've yet to check that. Any other ideas?

16 hours ago, Austin said:

Sorry to hijack Baconator's thread (apparently it's all his now), but I tried to fire up my MiSTer today and I'm getting no picture from either the HDMI out or analogue (VGA) out. Has anyone experienced this issue and figured out a solution for it?

I'm usually sensitive to MiSTer's HDMI shenanigans, but I made it through a test update today, which is always a bit surprising. Have you had it offline for a long time?  many updates ago? how does the sd card look via the FTP? 

I only experienced the blank hdmi once way back. I suspect my vga would have been fine in the below case, but it's not set up to do anything on my MiSTer.

when I had blank hdmi issue:

Spoiler
  • it was the build that went from 720p to 1080p as default triggered the issue.
  • I could flip back to 720p (by uploading a mister.ini via ftp) and it'd work fine with the nintendo-branded cable I'd been using.
  • eventually I noted the issue was limited to certain (most) hdmi cables. and to this day I'm paranoid about 'my special lucky cable' 🤣
  • and yes, the defective cable(s) seem to work fine at 1080p with other systems.

I also periodically have trouble with MiSTer's new(ish) default audio bitrate. Some of my gear can't handle it, so I infrequently have to switch it back--not that it generates a blank screen, but just be aware the MiSTer project loves to change long-standing default settings every so often.

I've started keeping old copies of previously working MiSTer.ini's around the SD filesystem, for when I have to go line-by-line. (which I honestly thought was probably going to be the result today).

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Austin said:

Sorry to hijack Baconator's thread (apparently it's all his now)

🥰

As for your problem, try to manually update your mister.ini. Copy/paste the one from this page: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/blob/master/MiSTer.ini  (back up your old one first of course)

Just make sure you don't get HTML code or some other funny stuff in there.

I don't know about HDMI but some stuff has changed regarding analogue VGA output (vga_mode=) and update_all doesn't touch the mister.ini, so maybe you're a bit behind.

• Like 1