IGNORED

MiSTer FPGA

Newsdee

Posted (edited)

Given the existence of the TheC64 maxi and eventually an Amiga500 maxi I wonder if the keyboards are USB based and if they can be adapted to be used in mister and/or sw emulators.

I wouldn't mind buying inexpensive USB based replica keyboards for a few systems (c64 which would cover vic20 and c16, Amiga, Atari ST, 800xl, max, ...).

I am not sure who makes the existing ones for the maxis but if they could reach a 20us$ price point per keyboard it would be awesome and add a lot to the experience. I sure would buy a few of them.

They can start with what they have and then rank by popularity ... if they do a zx spectrum let it be the plus version but I could see people interested in the chicklet as well.

Edited by phoenixdownita

Posted (edited)

Well c16 is slightly different and of course c128 also different... without creating a monster I still believe it can be done without necessarily having one keyboard per each specific system, still if they are cheap enough...

Edited by phoenixdownita

On 5/1/2024 at 5:00 PM, kevtris said:

I suspect these are pulls from ewaste and have been cleaned up and reballed.  Not that there's anything wrong with that- they probably got them for practically free on something like cell phone equipment when it was upgraded.  The problem with this, though is they might not be the same speed grade.  The de10 has a -6 part which is the fastest;  the picture I saw strategically covered up the chip's markings so I cannot tell what speed grade it is using, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the -8. 

Even if it is marked as -7, you don't know if it wasn't re labelled. The speed grade could be fake, and the temperature range could also be fake.

There is some claim that you could get the chips cheap enough if you buy directly from Altera. I don't have a direct commercial contact with Altera, but I don't buy that story. Terasic could get them that cheap because they are close Altera partners and also because Altera is interested (or at least it was when the DE-10 was much cheaper) in subsidizing the chips for educational and developing purposes.

Also I'm not completely sure it is 100% legal to produce an almost exactly identical clone (IANAL). It has almost exactly the same board layout.

So it's been a while... but I've finally managed to change the palette colors of the Apple IIe core on MiSTer :)

The new official release is not out yet, but meanwhile you can use the attached core from the unstable builds.

New features

• New palette options:  NTSC //e, Apple IIgs, AppleWin or Custom
  • Load your own palettes in Custom mode (sample files attached)
  • Fixed the DELETE key (I noticed it was not wired in the core while running tests)
  • New keyboard shortcuts
    • Press F9 to cycle through Color & monochrome modes (white, green, amber)
    • Press F8 to change palettes in Color mode 

Here's an example of the palettes:

• Top Left:  NTSC Apple //e
  • Top Right:  CGA mode 0
  • Bottom Left:  High Chroma C64 palette
  • Bottom Right: CGA/EGA idealized palette

apple2_palette_example.jpg?ex=665be85d&is=665a96dd&hm=4bb6fc9220bb87932d80d34fc36866c1244457d103d28389de343763cf040568&=Palettes.zip

Apple-II_unstable_20240529_075db4.rbf

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@awbacon

Please follow the rules 

https://forums.atariage.com/guideline

Spamming

Spamming is not permitted. Spamming comes in several flavors, including:

1) Posting commercial messages to the forum, where the product or service being advertised has no relevance to the forum they are being posted in.

2) Repeatedly posting the same message in multiple forums in an attempt to get "wider exposure". We will delete any duplicate threads of this nature, so please don't waste our time by doing this.

3) Using the forum to excessively promote your "agenda". For example, if love or hate a certain game console, that is fine. But if you feel the need to interject your love or hatred into various topics any chance you get, and it is disrupting the forum, we consider this spamming. This is also considered Trolling (see below).

——————-

PS: I did find value on one of your videos in the other thread, I just bought a Saroo after watching it, so I am not dissing on your content. But choose one thread, we don’t need stereo for MiSTer news. I think the other thread is more appropriate as here they will not age well (maybe the official release ones are ok  vs the stream of developer ones) but that is your choice.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 2:18 AM, Newsdee said:

So it's been a while... but I've finally managed to change the palette colors of the Apple IIe core on MiSTer :)

The new official release is not out yet, but meanwhile you can use the attached core from the unstable builds.

New features

• New palette options:  NTSC //e, Apple IIgs, AppleWin or Custom
  •  

Are you “in the know” if/when a IIgs core is coming up?

Saw your post https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=86659#p86659 so thought you may have more info.

Edited by phoenixdownita

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Are you “in the know” if/when a IIgs core is coming up?

Saw your post https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=86659#p86659 so thought you may have more info.

That post was only talking about the palettes :)

The Apple IIgs has //e hardware emulation built-in and it had slightly different colors than the //e,
and those colors happened to be documented by Apple.  It's also the same colors used by the LC Apple //e card.

I am not doing the Apple IIgs myself (that is waaaay beyond my current capabilities...)
Alan mentioned that he and gyurco might look into it eventually, but that it was still months away https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=71813#p71813

Edited by Newsdee
  • Thanks 1