IGNORED

Boulder Dash® 2022 release!

Andrew Davie

4 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

Will this be available to purchase for Christmas?  The misses is making her list and I would like to add this one to it!

It may be available for purchase before Christmas, but definitely won't be shipped in time for Christmas.  I'm waiting to add all the new 2600, 5200, and 7800 games to the store until we have our new 7800 boards in production.  We have three new 7800 boards that (optionally) have the HOKEY chip on them, used by several of the new 7800 games.  I could add the other games now, but many people purchase games across systems, and in particular, many people who buy 7800 games also purchase 2600 games (since the 7800 can play 2600 games). 

Not an ideal situation.  I might just add the new games to the store sooner than later, with a note that any orders that include Pac-Man 40th, Keystone Koppers, and/or Attack of the PETSCII Robots will be delayed until I have these new boards in hand.

..Al

• Like 8

On 12/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, Albert said:

...We have three new 7800 boards that (optionally) have the HOKEY chip on them, used by several of the new 7800 games. .... that include Pac-Man 40th, Keystone Koppers, and/or Attack of the PETSCII Robots ...

..Al

If one were lucky enough to buy at PRGE 2022, did those include a POKEY or HOKEY?

40 minutes ago, Kaboomer said:

If one were lucky enough to buy at PRGE 2022, did those include a POKEY or HOKEY?

Keystone Koppers and Attack of the PETSCII Robots use boards with an integrated HOKEY chip. Pac-Man 40th does not use a HOKEY or POKEY, just TIA audio, but it still sounds amazing and very close to the original arcade audio. 

..Al

• Thanks 1

As an original owner of Boulder Dash 2600 (has it been 10 years?) and hopeful entrant of the cover art competition (which was a lot of fun, but again...10 years?), I am very excited about more people being able to play and enjoy this masterpiece of coding. I might snag a second copy for a poster of that cover art.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

According to @Albert, all the new games (incl. Boulder Dash) should be in the store very soon.

Yes, I should be finished with all the new entries in the store today. I've already updated all the 2021 releases so they may be purchased without the box now.  The new games should go live in the store tomorrow. 

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I've been trying to purchase this to no avail.  I've registered with the store, gone through PayPal and it just keeps coming up with red shipping errors even though I've entered everything correctly.  I'm based in the UK and I've tried to purchase with two different devices.  Please help.

Edited by English Invader

3 hours ago, English Invader said:

I've been trying to purchase this to no avail.  I've registered with the store, gone through PayPal and it just keeps coming up with red shipping errors even though I've entered everything correctly.  I'm based in the UK and I've tried to purchase with two different devices.  Please help.

I think @Albert blocked orders from the UK,because there were difficulties with customs.

3 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I think @Albert blocked orders from the UK,because there were difficulties with customs.

I live in Canada but am originally from the UK. I think this could quite possibly be the single most important reason for not ever moving back.  Dear God, please don't ever let this happen to Canada!

7 hours ago, English Invader said:

That's strange, I have had people successfully purchase from the UK, so not sure what's going on in that case.  I do know if billing address does not match a credit card (if you're using a credit card), that would cause a transaction to fail.  Can you be more specific as to the 'shipping errors' you're seeing?  Feel free to send me screenshots privately, and we can discuss to see if I can help resolve the problem for you.

..Al

3 hours ago, Albert said:

That's strange, I have had people successfully purchase from the UK, so not sure what's going on in that case.  I do know if billing address does not match a credit card (if you're using a credit card), that would cause a transaction to fail.  Can you be more specific as to the 'shipping errors' you're seeing?  Feel free to send me screenshots privately, and we can discuss to see if I can help resolve the problem for you.

..Al

The message that comes up is "There was an error in the Shipping Address Country field" but I've given the country as United Kingdom (it originally came up as Afghanistan but I was able to change it).  I'm using PayPal and it's been linked to the same address for the last 15 years.

12 hours ago, English Invader said:

The message that comes up is "There was an error in the Shipping Address Country field" but I've given the country as United Kingdom (it originally came up as Afghanistan but I was able to change it).  I'm using PayPal and it's been linked to the same address for the last 15 years.

I can also confirm that I was able to use my PayPal account to purchase an item from another website this morning.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/25/2023 at 10:52 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

It could work, but only if Atari's dumper would supported the bankswitching scheme. AFAIK that's not the case yet.

Is it possible in the future to add support this feature for 2600+ or not? As I see upgraded version 1.1 can not support yet.