IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

timeline:

There is a video advertising PoP in a boxed version for Atari.

under the video there is a link to where you can buy copies of boxes with cartridges for various games

and then:

On 11/13/2022 at 1:56 PM, nowy80 said:

... Sometimes I prepare cartridges with flash memory in the cradle to be programmed by the owner of the cartridge. These are available with graphics, instructions, a poster and a box. 

it looks like market research, whether it is worth introducing a new product to the offer. even more so when a tout appeared:

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, xxl said:

timeline:

under the video there is a link to where you can buy copies of boxes with cartridges for various games

As a small clarification. I made my first PoP ad on November 1, 2021 in the video: "#77 Atari XL, XE Prince of Persia with Rapidus turbo card".
At the end of the video there is information about the possibility of supporting the channel and buying producs on several portals. Links are available as in other videos. In fact, almost every Atari 8-bit video I make also has links to shopping sites and information about my channel's support. 

If anyone has links from the history of shopping portals where I offered PoP - please share on the forum. I verified, you can reach all my completed auctions on various portals.

1 hour ago, xxl said:

timeline:

and then:

it looks like market research, whether it is worth introducing a new product to the offer. even more so when a tout appeared:

I see you saw Minority Report :) we all can prevent crime this way :D but I'm not sure if such serious guy as you saw Futurama :P

a have this factory behind in mind :P  $65 is an exaggerated price in my opinion, but it's not my business so I'm not going to set prices for someone.

I don't have hardware so I don't need cartridges :P 

2 hours ago, nowy80 said:

As a small clarification. I made my first PoP ad on November 1, 2021 in the video: "#77 Atari XL, XE Prince of Persia with Rapidus turbo card".
At the end of the video there is information about the possibility of supporting the channel and buying producs on several portals. Links are available as in other videos. In fact, almost every Atari 8-bit video I make also has links to shopping sites and information about my channel's support. 

If anyone has links from the history of shopping portals where I offered PoP - please share on the forum. I verified, you can reach all my completed auctions on various portals.

I'm starting to suspect there's no proof here, instead we might find a consensus to burn someone but we ran out of gas :P

@xxl if you think Fray could encourage someone to buy something then you really don't know Futurama :P but I know that you post this only to spice up things :P all you :P 

This is some Jaguar level dick-baggery here.  Its why I lock all my stuff to Skunkboards and GD Drives.  There's always some absolute stain trying to ruin it.

I've even had people claim that my 'freeware' releases are PD and they can do what they want with them.

Go on guys, demotivate the people making things. See how that turns out.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

@nowy80: could you please reply to the question I asked in the following post?  Thanks.

I prepared only one cartridge for myself. I have never offered PoP cartidge for sale (for any of the 8/16 bit machines). The game is brilliant for the Atari 8-bit. Now I have a bad association with this release, so I delated my private cartridge. I only have the version I made for the C64 and the original for the Amiga.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, nowy80 said:

I prepared only one cartridge for myself. I have never offered PoP cartidge for sale (for any of the 8/16 bit machines). The game is brilliant for the Atari 8-bit. Now I have a bad association with this release, so I delated my private cartridge. I only have the version I made for the C64 and the original for the Amiga.

Thank you; I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

• Like 1

Here's a cut of that video, no point wasting too much server space for this:

Notice that he has manuals and posters for both the C64 and A8 versions... I guess you can never have too many posters for your personal use.

He seems to throw in some business cart too just in case he wants to do business with himself again?

Then he adds a caption saying A8 & C64 carts are available on his ebid/ebay profile.

scam.thumb.jpg.fe239737f02213ecf479cb699a066cd2.jpg

Then he proceeds to show a dustcover with a caption saying it's available on his ebid/ebay profile.

You're going to tell me he's selling draconus/bruceLee/Karateka/... carts while showing PoP carts?

He also sells 128KB Karateka carts. I guess those were never available originally and were created by A8 community members ( just like most carts he's selling ? ) so that would be profiting from the work others have released for free.

karateka128KB.thumb.jpg.6cb1d1c9a2af9f974b34745e91d19bd3.jpg

I don't care what amount people ask for -actual- blank carts, they could ask $1000000, it's their business.

Like I said earlier, the fact remains that nobody would buy $65 "blank" A8 PoP carts had there been no A8 PoP version.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@rensoup

You have only proved what is publicly known and admitted to.

The rest is your guess what he was going to do even though he denies it.

The case was that you claimed that an auction with PoP had taken place and that someone wanted to profit from issuing PoP without your blessing.

Even IF he intended to do so, he publicly denied it, so it doesn't look like he'd be willing to do so in the future.

One of you lied about the auction - but I will not decide who. You could have taken a screenshot if you wanted a crusade.

I'm off.

@zbytiyou've made it clear whose side you are on, you obviously don't have a problem with profiting off of other people's work.  I don't know how much more evidence you are seeking, but at this point you've also made it clear that even if I held in my hand a copy of a cart I purchased from him complete with receipt, it wouldn't be enough for you.  Is this guy your friend, a close business associate?

• Like 6

image.thumb.jpeg.54d76d9f9e9169a85c85bcbd8992a4b6.jpeg

I love making cartridge versions of my favorite titles. Above is an example from my private collection, which I prepared over a year ago. With box, instructions and poster. I'll be making a video about it soon. I will certainly put a link to support my channel as in other videos. I never planned to put this title up at any auction. I could give many such examples. 

@Stephen

I don't think it's right to accuse just because you have suspicions.

The last time world champion Carlsen did something similar to another player, he had no evidence other than his own suspicions, but he used his authority to destroy someone's career without hard evidence.

If you had an cart from nowy80 (made only for his own use), I would not discuss it at all, but at the moment you are only moving in the world of guessing.

I'm not a saint like many of us, I have a lot of MAME roms, I play games that I didn't pay for and at their current prices I would rather never buy.

The only thing I was interested in was that someone was lying and seeing how much speculation there is in Rensoup's arguments I'm beginning to suspect that he made this auction up on principle: new80 made a copy of PoP, video on YT and sells similar boxes then it's obvious to Rensoup what that means even if nothing happens yet - it's not obvious to me.

I'm not a "future cop" punishing for acts not committed or "thoughtcrimes".

Edited by zbyti
gramma is my dramma

8 hours ago, nowy80 said:

I love making cartridge versions of my favorite titles. Above is an example from my private collection, which I prepared over a year ago. With box, instructions and poster. I'll be making a video about it soon. I will certainly put a link to support my channel as in other videos. I never planned to put this title up at any auction. I could give many such examples. 

If someone happened to see one of your videos and as a result contacted you about making a cartridge (any title; nothing specific), posters, a box, etc. for them, would you do it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

If someone happened to see one of your videos and as a result contacted you about making a cartridge (any title; nothing specific), posters, a box, etc. for them, would you do it?

I will start with the question of how the backup cartridges available on my sales profiles were created. I played practically only simulators, strategies and RPGs. I was never interested in other titles. I showed my backup cartridges for the F15 Strike Eagle and Silent Service (I have all possible original 8/16 bit releases). I got a lot of suggestions whether I would not prepare more backup cartridges for other people who have their favorite titles in original versions. What is available in my auctions are actually copies that I made for clients. Before shipping, I take photos and share as a new available title. Once it happened that for a Goonies cartridge, the man buying it didn't even have an Atari computer. He didn't even care about a working cartridge. He collected everything related to the movie The Goonies. He sent me a picture of a room that looked like a movie set. Including with large model of the ship and a treasure :)

I prepare cartridge backups:

1. practically only for old oryginal editions of games from the 80s/90s (I have these available at auctions - according to the content of the auction),
  2. you can only put XEX games format 
  3. capacity up to 256KB
  4. I do not make other cartridges,

I work on average 10-11 hours a day creating new IT solutions. Dealing with these old devices, soldering, designing graphics is pure pleasure. I do not care about large sales.I have quite high prices, but I approach each client very individually. I often designs things exactly for this client (personalized projects). All the money obtained in this way is invested in old equipment, I do tests, I write for small publishing houses. One publishing house allocates all the collected funds to care for a disabled friend who set up one of the largest portals in Poland concerning old computers. I don't want to be misunderstood, I'm not a saint. But sometimes I help someone. That's all. 

Edited by nowy80

If it was an accident or mistake you would not keep fighting so hard to keep promoting your service, you would have simply fixed the video and removed the offers from the video and it's banners as well as the description section. You might have even apologized... but instead you are still selling your 'services' in this very thread and going on about how you handle clients.

I cringe and feel the slime each time you do this.

It's just not cool how you are going about any of this.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 3

@_The Doctor__, leaving the PoP aside (there's no proof that he offered or sold any of them), in your opinion is it wrong to make new, reproduction cartridges of old software? How this compares, for example, to selling reproductions of old paintings? 

https://www.amazon.com/Leonardo-Davinci-Painting-Reproduction-12x16inch/dp/B08N44MD81/ref=asc_df_B08N4Q7NSX/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=492201735305&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8353042234424485824&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021750&hvtargid=pla-1185398274449&th=1

no proof? head meets palm, palm meets head...

the strange proclivity to move to other issues and items as fodder on AA appears to be a tradition though...

since you wanna play... many works predate / (and/or) such protections have expired. There are time intervals to consider.

also consider that even if someone were to try and take legal actions to acquire such rights they are not always successful and upon failing to clear such hurdles they abandon the endeavor

Davinci stuff always comes up, just like many older books and films etc...

the world has plenty of differing rules and systems in place so what means something here may mean nothing there etc etc...

Thursday, October 1, 2020 ABANDONMENT NOTICE E-MAILED - FAILURE TO RESPOND
Thursday, October 1, 2020 ABANDONMENT - FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 NOTIFICATION OF NON-FINAL ACTION E-MAILED
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 NON-FINAL ACTION E-MAILED
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 NON-FINAL ACTION WRITTEN
Thursday, March 5, 2020 ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 NEW APPLICATION OFFICE SUPPLIED DATA ENTERED IN TRAM
Saturday, December 7, 2019

NEW APPLICATION ENTERED IN TRAM

Edited by _The Doctor__

When you looked at first postings/videos etc. and subsequent postings with some of the same that show the banners and such we are not to believe what we see, read, and hear with our own eyes and ears. (unless you missed it all and are now operating on partial knowledge in which case why are you commenting on that which you don't know about)  Seriously though, let's all un-see and un-hear all that transpired... let's ignore the pretense and skip anything that doesn't go along with our premise... the gambit is / was clear, continuing to fail, but if such things drag on and arguments persist it might end up costing way more than folks would like. Have we not learned this by now?

clean up aisle 6... captain underpants needs a change.

Edited by _The Doctor__

PROOF?!

Notice that he has manuals and posters for both the C64 and A8 versions... I guess you can never have too many posters for your personal use.

one poster for each platform... what's so strange that he made a complete release for the C64 and A8?

He seems to throw in some business cart too just in case he wants to do business with himself again?

what you think it is is one thing and what it really is is another. @nowy80 give us a photo please what we really seen.

Then he proceeds to show a dustcover with a caption saying it's available on his ebid/ebay profile.

You're going to tell me he's selling draconus/bruceLee/Karateka/... carts while showing PoP carts?

If there was no PoP auction for this film, the information about the possibility of buying cart for C64 and A8 may be misleading for the viewer - he risks disappointing potential customers. Possibly someone ask for a PoP cartridge on PM. Or maybe he was just hoping to draw attention to what he already has in his offer?

You claim that there was such an auction, he that there was no such auction - you didn't show the proof, only that you consider as circumstantial evidence, no one else writing here saw this auction.

Like I said earlier, the fact remains that nobody would buy $65 "blank" A8 PoP carts had there been no A8 PoP version.

This is another assumption.

Edited by zbyti

There is no proof that @xxl uses the repeated registers deliberately to hang U1MB, even though he knows it he still fail to code his games other way.

He just code for REAL A8! It's not his fault that his games doesn't work on mentioned extension.

Some believe there is a proof some not - case closed :)

Edited by zbyti
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, zbyti said:

There is no proof that @xxl uses the repeated registers deliberately to hang U1MB, even though he knows it he still fail to code his games other way.

He just code for REAL A8! It's not his fault that his games doesn't work on mentioned extension.

Some believe there is a proof some not - case closed :)

The master troll supports all of those that stir controversy and shit on other's work.  Pattern spotted here.  Pretty safe to ignore anything else you may have to say about any topic.

• Like 2