IGNORED

Classic Gaming Expo NEWS

digitalpress

Hey gang!

I've been keeping everyone abreast on "that other forum" but for those of you who call AtariAge home I'm extending the courtesy of PROJECT T-MINUS, thirty days of up-to-the moment news. I'm getting started a little late but will keep you updated regularly right here.

T-MINUS THIRTY.

THE CGE MUSEUM

museum.jpgThis year's Classic Gaming Expo will feature what may very well be the world's single greatest collection of vintage video game and computer consoles, games, prototypes and memorabilia. With over 500 unique items spanning some 2,500 square feet, you are guaranteed to see many pieces that you haven't seen in years... and many you never knew existed! From a vast handheld collection to priceless artifacts like the Atari System X (the original prototype for Atari's 5200 SuperSystem) to one-of-a-kind items like the color Vectrex, it would take hours to absorb it ALL. Fortunately the show is two days long!

T-MINUS 29.

8-BIT WEAPON'S NEW CD TO DEBUT

8bitweapon_cd.jpgIf 8-Bit Weapon is the Black Sabbath of the electronic gaming music medium, then Seth Sternberger, aka "Naughtyboy", is it's Ozzy Osbourne. This is Seth and company's third trip to Classic Gaming Expo and this year promises to be the best yet. Seth's new CD is a both an audial and visual treat. Check it out, it's a black CD slipped into a 5.25" floppy disk casing! You can get Seth's 18-track extravaganza at CGE2k3! Stay tuned for more details about this year's live entertainment.

T-MINUS 28.

JAGFEST AT CGE

jagfest.gifJagFest is the gaming event held by diehard supporters of the Atari Jaguar video game console. To date, events have been held in locations such as Illinois, New York, Minnesota, Texas, The Netherlands, and Milwaukee. One of the main stops this year is the Classic Gaming Expo, and the JagFest gang has some serious tournament action to dish out to gamers who are prepared to rise up to a challenge. Prepare to participate in some big-time tournaments against some of the world's greatest players, on a big-time projection screen, in the world's greatest gaming expo!

T-MINUS 27.

NEO-GEO IN FULL FORCE

logo_neogeo.jpgThe NeoGeoFreak booth will be displaying rare and one-of-a-kind collectibles for fans to see and photograph along with original game artworks, concept art, prototype units, as well as a large inventory of games, magazines, mooks, posters, and collectibles. They will also be debuting an unreleased "lost game," to be seen to most for the first time ever. Free game play and give-aways, along with a raffle will be part of the NeoGeoFreak Festivities. Be sure to check out their booth!

Must concur with liquid - their antics singularly put me off collecting for Neo Geo almost as much as the cost of the games. The list of infractions against the hobby by them is too long to recount here, but check Neo Geo fansites and Google search their name to see what all they've done.

yea, fuck them and dion dickass.. there are tons of good OUTSTANDING members of the neo community who would have gladly went to cge to show.. joe, if you are reading this, maybe next year you can find a better group of neo people?

Well that's pretty harsh.

I know the story with Playmore as well, and when NGF approached us to do the Expo again this year I was kinda surprised they were still around. According to them, a settlement with Playmore has been struck, and they can provide proof to anyone who asks them for it.

For the record, they've been with the show for two years and we haven't had any problems with them. They're very easy to chat with and are extremely helpful to customers. I know all about their reputation, but like many gaming communities, there are those who are quick to try to put a successful franchise down. I can only speak from personal experience on this one.

Also for the record, I contacted Neo-Geo.com on a number of occasions about attending/exhibiting this year but did not even get a response.

More T-MINUS updates to follow!

Well I'm really sorry if you've been burned by a vendor in the past. I can only assure you that it won't happen at CGE.

T-MINUS 26 DAYS.

ATARI 5200 KLAX DEBUTS AT CGE

klax5200.gifKLAX for the Atari 5200 is a collaborative project of Mean Hamster Software Inc. (MHS) and Atari2600.com, developed as a tribute to the hit Atari arcade classic KLAX. This game includes scoring for tiles in horizontal, vertical or diagonal KLAXes, escalating ramp speed and bucket action, individually colored game tiles, familiar musical score and VOICE ENHANCEMENT. KLAX has been designed to accept the standard Atari 5200 controller or a modified Atari 5200 paddle controller offered separately by Atari2600.com. The top-notch packaging includes high resolution 5-color lithography on coated stock. This game was manufactured to blend perfectly with your existing Atari 5200 boxed collection! Total production quantity: 100 copies. Don't miss the opportunity to own this classic game done right.

just on atariage ALONE, here are some people who have been screwed by neogeofreak

Boy, if only half the story is true IMO nobody should support that guy anymore.

Let's hope the Atari community doesn't (didn't?) attract that kind of people. :ponder:

just on atariage ALONE, here are some people who have been screwed by neogeofreak
<Nods> Hmmm... And on AtariAge ALONE, I could cut and paste a list of those ripped off/insulted/unhappy with Gamestop/Funcoland - a vendor at another expo near and dear to everyone here. See my point? No sense in continuing to throw mud. NOW can we put this to rest? Criminy. And I thought my brother's pitbull was tenacious....

Well I'm really sorry if you've been burned by a vendor in the past. I can only assure you that it won't happen at CGE.

T-MINUS 26 DAYS.

ATARI 5200 KLAX DEBUTS AT CGE

klax5200.gifKLAX for the Atari 5200 is a collaborative project of Mean Hamster Software Inc. (MHS) and Atari2600.com, developed as a tribute to the hit Atari arcade classic KLAX. This game includes scoring for tiles in horizontal, vertical or diagonal KLAXes, escalating ramp speed and bucket action, individually colored game tiles, familiar musical score and VOICE ENHANCEMENT. KLAX has been designed to accept the standard Atari 5200 controller or a modified Atari 5200 paddle controller offered separately by Atari2600.com. The top-notch packaging includes high resolution 5-color lithography on coated stock. This game was manufactured to blend perfectly with your existing Atari 5200 boxed collection! Total production quantity: 100 copies. Don't miss the opportunity to own this classic game done right.

To change the subject, are there only going to be 100 copies of this game? I thought we were done with all that 'buy one of only so many copies at a show and sell on eBay for a ridiculus price' thing. Luckily the 5200 games don't sell as well as the 2600 homebrews so that people who don't attend a show has a chance to get it. Does anybody know if this is going to be sold online somewhere in addition to the show. The game looks great. Can't wait.

Allan

dont blindly follow your leader, sniderman. If you were a part of, or just a sliver of the neogeo scene, youd understand the general hatred toward neogeofreak.

1. Everyone knows gamestop and funcoland raise prices high, thats a given.. but you arnt investing 1200 dollars to a single game, only to find that it has been defaced.. its like if somone rubbed shit on the mona lisa and tried to sell it as mint.

2. visit this site and read all of the things he has done. http://www.shaolin-venoms.com/ngf_bible/ngf_blues.html

3. Chris Ray, spokeman for NGF is a KNOWN committer of credit fraud, among other things.

And on AtariAge ALONE, I could cut and paste a list of those ripped off/insulted/unhappy with Gamestop/Funcoland - a vendor at another expo near and dear to everyone here. See my point?

Not really. I dont know about Gamestop/Funcoland, but IMO that's not important at all.

Your argument goes like: I kill somebody and because somebody else killed somebody too, that's just ok. Nonsense!

We don't need that kind of people in our hobby. Not on any expo, nowhere! Let's get rid of them!

No sense in continuing to throw mud. NOW can we put this to rest?

IMO sometimes it's better to clean up the mess than continuing to ignore it. Yes, this will cause some trouble (and life is easier for sure as long as you can ignore it), but it's absolutely neccessary.

You know that I know what I am talking about. :roll:

Not to mention, you don't want to "legitimize" these Freaks (I can get away with that since that's their name) by giving them the time of day let ALONE a booth at CGE. That way, even if all their business at the Expo is above board and totally square biz, they can use that in their defense the next time they burn somebody - "Hey we're good people, just ask Joe, he'll vouch for us." You really want that on your head?

Believe me when I tell you that we've heard all the complaints and horror stories about these guys. We've been emailed by all the hardcore Neo-Geo fans about this as well.

My questions are these: If these guys are so dirty and underhanded, why do people do business with them? Why haven't people filed complaints/legal action against them? Why wasn't Playmore able to put them out of business? Why haven't some of the other Neo Geo vendors stepped up to the plate? (I know we contacted neogeo.com about coming to the show and never even got a reply).

None of us has any real knowledge of Neo-Geo (although Joe has more than the rest of us). All we have to go on is the word of a few people in the community vs. the word of a vendor who hasn't caused us a problem at CGE.

Do I think they're 100% legit? No, I don't. But until we have proof or some valid reason to ban them, our hands our tied. Unlike others we don't pick and choose vendors and sponsors because of our personal issues with them.

If you don't like them, the best way to deal with them is to not buy from or support them in any way. Buy your Neo-Geo stuff from Telegames, CDW, or one of the other vendors instead.

John

Your hands are not tied.  You have the right to deny their business.  Nobody has a right to a booth or sponsorship of your event.  You simply turn down their money and say "take your business elsewhere."

Steve.

Consider this. When we met NGF in 2001 we hadn't heard anything of them, it seemed like a great idea to get the Neo-Geo into the mix. They did a TERRIFIC show, and we heard great things about them from our attendees and other vendors. After the show, the "anti-NGF" people began to e-mail us, and we started to hear these comments, but at that time, again, nothing that we could hold against them being superb CGE vendors. Again, in 2002 they have a great show. AT THE EXPO people were showing me their stuff and saying how happy they were with the product. And sure enough, AFTER the show I get everything from "we're not going to CGE again" to Photoshopped pictures of NGF doing things that we would have seen if they had really happened.

Now I ask you this. Given the fact that they've been an excellent vendor and no complaints have EVER been raised by a CGE attendee, what right do we have to DENY them from the show?

I know all about the Playmore deal and as I said earlier, request the explanation and you shall receive it from them. I don't see how this involves CGE if they're in business and can provide proof that any wrongdoings are null and void. Also consider that we have 40 other vendors to concern ourselves with; it is not our job to investigate the interior of every vendor. If they've been good to us, to our attendees, and to the show in general, they're welcome back.

I'm sorry if you disagree with this stance, but if you want to talk about wrongdoings regarding the set-up of an exposition, you've got the wrong show. We take great pride in what we do, and if you've been to CGE in the past surely you've seen that first-hand.

But until we have proof or some valid reason to ban them, our hands our tied.

http://www.neostore.com/store/blackbook.html

Is that enough for you, or are you going to sidestep the issue some more, like a bad electric slide dance? this should slide them into the frying pan, and give more than enough evidence of why they should not be at the cge.

Archived