IGNORED

Classic Gaming Expo NEWS

digitalpress

OK, understood. *MY* point was that you cannot hold the organizers of an event responsible for the poor reputation of an attending vendor. The "CGE is lesser in mine eyes because of their very prescence" riff was a bit much. S'all I'm saying. Focus on all the goodness of both expos now everybody! Much goodness at AGE and CGE!

<---hoping that this subject ends on a positive note ... at least until some naysayer tries to get in a negative "last word" on the issue.

Is that enough for you, or are you going to sidestep the issue some more, like a bad electric slide dance? this should slide them into the frying pan, and give more than enough evidence of why they should not be at the cge.

This is the same stuff we've been reading for years now. Bottom Line: why didn't this guy sue them or take them to court? If he did, what was the outcome? All I see is a complaint that is 3+ years old dating back to before they were even a vendor at CGE.

It's not our job to police them or investigate them as long as they behave at the expo. If they're so crooked why are they untouchable legally?

If you don't deal with them, they won't be able to stay in business, right?

John

T-MINUS 25 DAYS.

20,000 GAME LIST AT YOUR FINGERTIPS

cov_dpg7_p.jpgThe Digital Press psychOpedia, which represents the complete game libraries of over 60 game systems from 1972-2003, will be unveiled at Classic Gaming Expo on August 9th. The book is 200 pages spiral bound, color cover and back. This is a great reference book if you're wondering "who made what and for what system", as it is presented by manufacturer... what a great way to collect all the games from your favorite game companies. Approximately 20,000 games are listed from the earliest Odyssey games to the most current PlayStation CD's.

T-MINUS 24 DAYS.

A DOSE OF THE 80'S

recordalbum.gifPart of the allure of classic video gaming is the nostalgia. Who can forget sitting on the living room carpet and playing an Atari or Nintendo system while jamming to 80's music? DJ Shey will recreate that for you, with his huge assortment of 80's hits (and near misses) on pure vinyl and will be spinning tracks at scheduled intervals through the weekend. Shey will also be playing video game-style electronic music from around the world. So if you ran to Flock of Seagulls and stand by the music of Falco, we're going to rock you, Amadeus.

T-MINUS 23 DAYS.

WIN AN ARCADEWERX ARCADE CABINET

arcadewerx.gifAmong the treasure trove of prizes we're giving away at Classic Gaming Expo this year is this fantastic product by HanaHo Games, the ArcadeWerX Ultra! This full-sized arcade cabinet features a HotRod SE control panel, pull-out keyboard drawer, interchangeable backlit marquee, locks and keys, and incredibly sturdy design, 150 pounds when assembled. If you're a fan of classic gaming but can't fit hundreds of arcade games in your home, THIS is your solution. For full details, check the ArcadeWerX website. This prize is valued at $600 and one lucky CGE attendee will win it. Be there!

Since so many people have decided to bad mouth Dion Dakis through this thread, I thought that I would throw in my experience dealing with Dion. I bought an Atari item from him. The emails were good and he shipped right away priority mail. I personally was very happy with the service and would buy from him again. I am sorry if there are people that don't like him, but I have only good things to say.

T-MINUS 22 DAYS.

ANOTHER RELIC UNEARTHED AT CGE

looping_box_front_sm.jpgClassic Gaming Expo Services has announced their second of three new releases for this year's Expo in Las Vegas, NV on August 9th and 10th. It's Looping, the VentureLine sleeper arcade game that made a splash on the ColecoVision. Fly your bi-plane through multiple levels, taking out targets and obstacles, navigating through tight mazes and reach the final destination before time runs out! The title was announced for the Atari 2600 but has never been seen until now! Check out a complete preview at Digital Press, which includes screen shots, box art, and original advertising promos.

T-MINUS 21 DAYS.

SEE THE "SUPER COMMODORE"

logo_c64.gifThe CommodoreOne, aka "C1" is a new PC-style board that could be called a "Super Commodore" in that it runs as a Commodore computer but with enhancements in virtually every regard. It is reconfigurable in that it can be updated by "flashing" its CompactFlash card with improvements. In fact, it can even be flashed with other 8-bit computer systems and run as an Atari 800, Texas Instruments, or Apple II. There is even talk that it can be flashed to be an Amiga 500/2000 computer. Jeri Ellsworth, the designer of this remarkable piece of hardware, will have a C1 system set up at the Fresno Commodore User Group table and will entertain all questions pertaining to the C1 and gaming on it.

T-MINUS 20 DAYS.

UBI SOFT AT CGE

ubisoft.gifUbi Soft was formed in 1990 in Montreuil, France as a small developer but quickly caught the eye of the industry in 1994 with the release of their game Rayman, a technological wonder with superb play mechanics and - gasp - a personality! In 1996 they teamed up with several large publishers, including Warner Brothers Interactive (on Batman) and Disney (on Donald Duck, Jungle Book and others) and by 2000 had created a legacy all their own. They further acquired Red Storm (who is best known for their Tom Clancy book-to-game translations), TLC GAME Studios, and Blue Byte Software. It seems the best is yet to come with Ubi Soft, who proves to be a stronger presence year after year. We took note all over again when they produced Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, a remarkable game in many areas, from attention to detail to outright graphic mastery.

T-MINUS 19 DAYS.

FUEL FOR YOUR COMPETITIVE FIRE!

logo_twingalaxies.gifNever before has Classic Gaming Expo offered more opportunities for gamers to step and show their mettle! Besides the JagFest tournaments which have been added to this year's event, the events being run by one of our sponsors Twin Galaxies are sure to get everyone's competitive spirits lifted to new levels. If you're truly "old school" you'll have to try to throw the farthest javelin in Todd Rogers' Decathlon Tourney, but if you're a little more contemporary perhaps you'd like to prove you've got what it takes to win the Crazy Jump Competition on the Sega Dreamcast. If neither of those fit the twitch gamer in you, a good ol' fashioned Blastathon, Robotron: 2084 Style is perhaps your ticket to gaming stardom. Step right up and show what you've got, and walk away with armfuls of prizes and the admiration of classic gamers everywhere!

T-MINUS 18 DAYS.

THE CLASSIC GAMING EXPO AUCTION

auction.jpgSo you've come to Classic Gaming Expo to find some rare artifacts to add to your collection, eh? That's no surprise - for the past two years, CGE has been the premiere showcase for the greatest single live auction a classic video gamer could ever witness. In past years, rare and one-of-a-kind items such as Rob Fulop's Cubicolor cartridge, an APF Imagination Machine, and a Supercharger Store Demo Unit or highly sought-after goodies like game prototypes and store display units have been auctioned off. This year promises to be the best yet, as potential sellers are jockeying for a chance to put their best items up for some lucky bidder to take home. The auction is Saturday night after the Expo's first day ends. Stick around and watch the greatest deals of the year close and maybe you'll head home with one of video gaming's most prized possessions!

CONFIRMED: You need a better photo of Sean Kelly than that one. :D

Ha!

Funny you should say that. When I explained to John that I used a pic of him and Sean for that highlight, he asked "was there a beer in the photo?"... and this may very well be the first picture of John Hardie WITHOUT a beer in the photo.

NOTE however, that it was cropped/Photoshopped out :)

For the first time in quite a while, I'm with MacGurl. *Is* that a Christmas tree being auctioned? My grandmother had one of those ceramic deals with the little glued-in plastic bulbs that would light up. And it looked Just. Like. THAT. :D

Oh, and it looks like John's got the mike in one hand and a beer bottle in the other in the picture. His record's safe. :)

Ah. What I THOUGHT was a beer bottle was the microphone behind John's clentched fist. I am relieved to see beer within easy reach of John in the larger photo.

I never would've puzzled out what Sean was holding without seeing the bigger photo though! :D

Archived