IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

@GoldLeader I think songbird is a nice operation I just don't stomach $8 shipping charges on like a 5oz bubble bag with a game in it more or less, doesn't add up.  Just call it handling, be honest, it's being pocketed. :)  I get where you're coming from that would suck and I'm no fan of FYE.  I rarely walk in to browse, but their prices are mostly laughable, not Suncoast in the mall of the 1990s bad, but shades of it and I can't support that.

@Hydro Thunder  I do support small business, locally at least largely.  Maybe if I had enough of an order size $8 made sense I would, but not for one game.  They priced themselves out with that nonsense.  Castlemania I've read other people dump on them enough I'd believe it so I have never considered an order, but the added ammo you put there they should have the community try and tear them apart for it as that's disgusting.  Amazon...I guess, I got a few others off them for $17 when they had this -3 off sale and they showed up 2 days later, I guess they're hit and miss.  Funstock is great from the given choices, and BB would be but their ability to stock goods sucks.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@GoldLeader I think songbird is a nice operation I just don't stomach $8 shipping charges on like a 5oz bubble bag with a game in it more or less, doesn't add up.  Just call it handling, be honest, it's being pocketed. :)  I get where you're coming from that would suck and I'm no fan of FYE.  I rarely walk in to browse, but their prices are mostly laughable, not Suncoast in the mall of the 1990s bad, but shades of it and I can't support that.

@Hydro Thunder  I do support small business, locally at least largely.  Maybe if I had enough of an order size $8 made sense I would, but not for one game.  They priced themselves out with that nonsense.  Castlemania I've read other people dump on them enough I'd believe it so I have never considered an order, but the added ammo you put there they should have the community try and tear them apart for it as that's disgusting.  Amazon...I guess, I got a few others off them for $17 when they had this -3 off sale and they showed up 2 days later, I guess they're hit and miss.  Funstock is great from the given choices, and BB would be but their ability to stock goods sucks.

I hear ya.   PS I wish you had an Atari Collection volume 2 for sale!  I assume you have part 1 because it came in a bundle...I already have part 1 but want part 2 as Atari stuff (real Atari from BITD not this nutari BS) is always near to my heart and what I grew up with so even as I have it all elsewhere anyway, I somehow would still want it too...

10 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I hear ya.   PS I wish you had an Atari Collection volume 2 for sale!  I assume you have part 1 because it came in a bundle...I already have part 1 but want part 2 as Atari stuff (real Atari from BITD not this nutari BS) is always near to my heart and what I grew up with so even as I have it all elsewhere anyway, I somehow would still want it too...

I didn't say what I had?  What I got was a weird lucky break. This guy in Ohio bought the 10 game bundle from Funstock, then days later family gifted him it too!  So I got his spare at cost, which was great.  So since I have no care for 2600 or the Interplay games I have Vol 1 AND 2 of Atari and Interplay Collections.  I am currently trying to offload them for $15 each or $50 for all 4 locally or online in trade(or friends and family since I'm avoiding the tax scam.)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

On that note, I have had AWFUL luck with Castlemania games, and don't recommend buying anything from them ever.  They don't respond to emails or voicemails, and I shouldn't call them a "they" since they're actually one guy trying to sound like a bigger operation than he is, selling out of his residential garage.  He takes pre-order after pre-order for tons of stuff he may never get in stock, rarely has anything to actually sell immediately since he doesn't buy more than is pre-ordered, and in sum is simply shady in tons of ways (gives first copies of items to YTers who recommend his shop, while not fulfilling paid orders, etc).  Look up google reviews, it's not kind.  A very, very poor example of a small business.

I am sad to hear that.  As the site had been having a sale, I ordered a few games last month.  I suppose that explains why they haven't shipped them out.  Oh well, live and learn.

13 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I am a big fan of the first ever native Evercade game. It doesn’t look like much, but the music is fun and energetic and the gameplay is the mix of Joust and Defender (well, Dropzone) I never knew I needed. I hope the handheld can run it!

I don't know if the handheld can handle it. Its a fun game though.

I discovered a youtube video that has a 3d hidden game. 

Spoiler

No game cartridge inside. Press L2 2 times, press R2 2 times, Press L1 2 times and R2  2 times. It a steam/PC game from 2018. 

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheClassyGamer said:

I am sad to hear that.  As the site had been having a sale, I ordered a few games last month.  I suppose that explains why they haven't shipped them out.  Oh well, live and learn.

Clearly I am not objective on the subject as I ended up unhappy with them, so keep in mind my post was just one person's opinion.  I'd ordered several of the Sega Genesis and Saturn retro-bit controllers before they came out.  At least three different YTers were gifted the controllers a full month before I got any shipping notification of mine (which I pre-ordered and paid in full the first day they were available).  Not only did I not get any replies to two emails and two voicemails just checking on the status of the order, I had two of the Saturn controllers defective on arrival with the sticky "C" button.  Couldn't get ANY reply from Castlemania at all with three voicemails over three weeks and two emails in that time.  Ended up getting great customer service and replacements for both from Retro-Bit directly...but I shouldn't have had to.

Here's hoping your games arrive soon and all goes well!

• Like 3

Almost all my Evercade purchases have been from Songbird and they never let me down.

Speaking of purchases, my copies of the Bitmap Bros and Intellvision 1 arrived.  I am having a blast with the Chaos Engine though the game is much harder than I remember.  The Intellivision game Night Stalker is fun though those robots are cheap!

• Like 3

I've been trying different controllers on the VS and butting mapping seems to be quite an issue for me.

It is hard to explain, but I go through the process with some controllers and then once done the buttons that worked when mapping don't do what they should when playing a game.  Some examples of that are, The  button mapped to home acts like it is a turbo version of the button mapped to A, or the button mapped to Select becomes button A when playing a game, or some other mapped button just seem to have no function when it should.  Also, I find that on some controllers, some buttons just can not be mapped.  I have a few more to try, but so far the only controllers I've gotten to work correctly is a PS4 fight stick with a Mayflash Magic NS and an 8bitdo arcade stick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheClassyGamer said:

I've been trying different controllers on the VS and butting mapping seems to be quite an issue for me.

It is hard to explain, but I go through the process with some controllers and then once done the buttons that worked when mapping don't do what they should when playing a game.  Some examples of that are, The  button mapped to home acts like it is a turbo version of the button mapped to A, or the button mapped to Select becomes button A when playing a game, or some other mapped button just seem to have no function when it should.  Also, I find that on some controllers, some buttons just can not be mapped.  I have a few more to try, but so far the only controllers I've gotten to work correctly is a PS4 fight stick with a Mayflash Magic NS and an 8bitdo arcade stick. 

Yeah, I have an Xbox One elite controller hooked up to mine. The wireless feature works perfectly with an adapter, but when I tried to assign new button mapping, I too had issues. I just use the Xbox controller’s profiles to assign the buttons instead. It can be a pain because I have to reconnect it to the Xbox every time I need to switch the controls again, but it's still better than nothing. What's funny is I usually just skip the games when the controls don't work instead of reassigning them. Kinda lazy I know, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hooked up an 8BitDo wired USB SNES controller and it worked fine.  It was just plug and play.  I didn't map any buttons as I had no need to do that.  Also, my controller has analog sticks which makes it easier to play.  Sometimes using the D-pad on the Evercade controller isn't the best.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, Tanooki said:

I didn't say what I had?  What I got was a weird lucky break. This guy in Ohio bought the 10 game bundle from Funstock, then days later family gifted him it too!  So I got his spare at cost, which was great.  So since I have no care for 2600 or the Interplay games I have Vol 1 AND 2 of Atari and Interplay Collections.  I am currently trying to offload them for $15 each or $50 for all 4 locally or online in trade(or friends and family since I'm avoiding the tax scam.)

Oh,  That's right!

I would be interested in Atari 2 and Interplay 2.  Maybe we could come up with an interesting trade.  Let me PM you later as I'm just about to head out to work...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I hooked up an 8BitDo wired USB SNES controller and it worked fine.  It was just plug and play.  I didn't map any buttons as I had no need to do that.  Also, my controller has analog sticks which makes it easier to play.  Sometimes using the D-pad on the Evercade controller isn't the best.

I don't have one of those but I think I will add that to the list of ones I will pick up.

I've also managed to get the retro-bit Sega Saturn wireless controller working.  Once I figured out what setting to have the receiver on the thing worked great. I was able to map all the buttons and so far it has worked correctly in every game I've tested.

I don't see the controller compatibility with the VS console to be an issue but rather more of a bonus when I find one that works out.  I can't really expect every 3rd party device to just be perfect on it. It's just nice to find ones that I like to use that work.

If in game button mapping is coming then that will be about all I can ask for at this point as I think it will be pretty much just what I want out of a fun little game system, more games aside that is.. always more games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Oh,  That's right!

I would be interested in Atari 2 and Interplay 2.  Maybe we could come up with an interesting trade.  Let me PM you later as I'm just about to head out to work...

No problem, sounds great.  I've still got all 4 of the games here, basically untouched.  I'll write you since you had to head out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blaze announced the Evercade road map today. There are 7 more collections rest of the year. 4 of those 7 collections are going to be arcade collections. The only collection of the 7 that is known is Indie Heroes Collection 2. The other 6 Collections will be announced at a later date.

Arcade collections 5 and 6 are coming in August. Game Collections 27  & 28 are coming in September. Indie Heroes Collection 2, Arcade Collection 7, and Arcade Collection 8 are coming in November.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Got a bit more time to play around with controllers.

So far one of my favorite game controllers doesn't really fully function on the system. The 8bitdo TG16 wireless will work but you can not map the home button on the controller, but it does function game as whatever button is mapped to start.  You can just use the home button on another controller plugged into one of the other slots but it kind of defeats the purpose of using a wireless controller.

Also tried the 8bitdo Pro 2 wired gamepad.  It would only work when plugged into the Mayflash Magic NS set to x input mode.  The Sticks are interesting, if you don't map them they will work in game but not in the menu. If you do map them then you can't use the d-pad.  Just not mapping the sticks is the best option and the controller works great that way.

So my take away is that it would be interesting to have a different mapping setup where you could map more than one input to a command.

I've a few more I want to try out when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Finally got time to do some rearranging and hook up my Vs.  Got to admit it gave me more trouble than I expected - for some reason the Techno Arcade cart wouldn't register or something in the left slot, but once I put it in the right side it worked great.  Then after firing up Mania Challenge, first I couldn't move left.  Rebooted after checking the controls which were fine, and then it worked.  But then I got thrown out of the ring (which happens a lot) and could NOT get back in.  I've played a million games of Mania Challenge and never had this happen.  Weird.  Anyway, also not able to connect to my WiFi, could not find the signal even though it was past one wall and literally less than 10 feet away.  Frustrating, but not a huge deal.

Unlike most others, I just LOVE Shark Shark for the INTV.  I like the old style, the sound effects, and most importantly, the play mechanics are just great.  Really like the menus with box art too, so very glad I finally got a VS.  Maybe be picking up that 8bitDo Switch / Arcade stick sometime at last, not sure.  Keep waiting for it to drop in price a bit but it has never happened lol :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Then after firing up Mania Challenge, first I couldn't move left.  Rebooted after checking the controls which were fine, and then it worked.  But then I got thrown out of the ring (which happens a lot) and could NOT get back in.

This was a bug they fixed. Get those patches installed!

I’m a big fan of Shark! Shark! too.

• Like 2

Got around to trying another controller.  One of my favorites, however it doesn't quite function correctly.

PowerA Fusion wired fightpad for PS4.  Mostly works.  When you get to the part where you have to hold down a button to be able to map the controller, Every button will work and let you get to the mapping.  When you go to map a button, some of them will not work, however even if you can not map a button it will let you hold that very same button down to skip mapping with it.  That makes no sense to me at all.  It only seems to be with the L and R buttons though.  So any game that doesn't need those, then the controller works great for, and that seems to be most games, but sadly not some of the ones I wanted to play it with.  This also means you can't use the six button layout or map three buttons in a row on the pad for like A B C on Genesis games.

Bummer there. I've still got at least 3 more controllers to try out. When I get them dug out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

This was a bug they fixed. Get those patches installed!

I’m a big fan of Shark! Shark! too.

Indeed - for whatever reason I had to do a Factory Reset, then it was able to find my WiFi, got updated, everything's great now.

I am not sure why but this little console is just wonderful.  I mean, I already have the handheld, I have lots of other retro type consoles...there's just a certain magic to the Vs.

The background music, the carefully chosen display methods, right down to the font and the different color LEDs.  This is an amazingly well thought-out little console...for $100!  Incredible.

Even though I have many other methods to play them by, I spent a lot of time on Combatribes (beat it again lol) and Mat Mania.  Goofy, simple fun.  Just love it.  If you don't have one, do yourself a huge favor and get a Vs!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Wait what!?

https://evercade.info/vs-secrets-and-easter-eggs/

Meanwhile, Evercade posted a new teaser on Facebook that seems to be for a Jaleco arcade collection. It played sounds from Saint Dragon and music that sounds vaguely familiar. There are a lot of great games in that catalog…

I don’t think I’ve played their Super Scaler games but I would love to try them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1