IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Oh and just to be clear I'm still an Evercade man, not selling my EC, keeping five other cartridges that I play more often, may be adding a couple more down the road.  I just simply have so many things to play I've GOT to thin out my stuff or I'll never get to playing any of it!  Probably end up with a VS someday too.  Dang fine little system :)

• Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 7:31 AM, Ryan_Blaze said:

As a side note, I love a lot of the homebrews on Atari Age. I would love to hear any suggestions you guys might have for any homebrew that would make a good unlockable easter egg for the Evercade

Any of the ones I mention for the 7800 and 2600 would be good for an unlockable easter egg.

Dragon's Cache, Failsafe, and Riki and Vikki for the 7800. For the 2600, A Roach in Space, Galactopus, K.O. Cruiser, Ninjish Guy In Low-Res World and Space Battle. 

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Oh and just to be clear I'm still an Evercade man, not selling my EC, keeping five other cartridges that I play more often, may be adding a couple more down the road.  I just simply have so many things to play I've GOT to thin out my stuff or I'll never get to playing any of it!  Probably end up with a VS someday too.  Dang fine little system :)

I'm there, grabbed like a dozen and a half items or more last night and snapped pics and popped them up on lame facebook for cash only local, if that fails or beats it I'd do online trades.  You got to off some stuff.

The EC though I've got like 15 carts, but some I could not care less about like the 2 2600 carts, probably the 2 interplay too, and I could probably let loose tanglewood/xeno crisis as the former is confusingly weird but cute and the other is just obnoxiously annoying with the primary gun running out of ammo.  I more dig the 2 namco famicom bundles, the piko 1 cart, both mega cats, technos, jaleco, and the 2 lynx.

• Like 2

Heck yeah, Micro Mages and friends from Morphcat are the next cartridge!

Only five games this time, including one expansion to Micro Mages and one “demo” (that appears to be a full game):

Micro Mages

Spacegulls

Böbl

Bonus: Micro Mages Second Quest

Bonus: Super Bat Puncher Demo

But some of them look amazing and really unique. Spacegull is a Joust-like platformer and Böbl is a bubble-based Metroidvania. Super Bat Puncher Demo (which I have heard of but never tried) looks pretty great too. This is the only physical release of Micro Mages Second Quest. This seems right up my alley.

• Like 6

I finally got most of my amazon preorders in.  The gaelco and atari arcade collections, and the Intellivision 1 collection. And I've got a long weekend--because next tuesday is Mardi Gras.

First thing I plan to check out is that 'Shark Shark' game that everybody seems to be on about for whatever reason. While I have a bunch of Intellivision games, I've got zero from this collection.

I'm also hoping to compare world rally from the gaelco one with my arcade board--of all the arcade games on those collections, world rally is the only one I own.

• Like 3

Here’s the game list for Intellivision 2:

Auto Racing

Cloudy Mountain

Hover Force

Motocross

Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing

Reversi

Sharp Shot

Stadium Mud Buggies

Star Strike

Super Pro Decathlon

Tower of Doom

Vectron

Some great ones and some that I have never tried and wanted to. Star Strike I know from its 2600 port and Vectron is a game I physically had and have never figured out how to play. 

But no Treasure of Tarmin is a huge bummer. Are there enough non-licensed IP first party games left for a third collection?

• Like 5

12 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Auto Racing

Cloudy Mountain

Hover Force

Motocross

Reversi

Sharp Shot

Stadium Mud Buggies

Star Strike

Super Pro Decathlon

Tower of Doom

Vectron

Some great ones and some that I have never tried and wanted to. Star Strike I know from its 2600 port and Vectron is a game I physically had and have never figured out how to play. 

But no Treasure of Tarmin is a huge bummer. Are there enough non-licensed IP first party games left for a third collection?

This collection is vastly better than the first one.

Skiing and Cloudy Mountain are worth the price of admission alone!??

Baseball would have been awesome for anyone who has the VS. and someone to play with,oh well,you cant have them all!

And like some other carts,there are a couple games most people will put about one minute into.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Auto Racing

Cloudy Mountain

Hover Force

Motocross

Reversi

Sharp Shot

Stadium Mud Buggies

Star Strike

Super Pro Decathlon

Tower of Doom

Vectron

I'm in on this collection for Cloudy Mountain and Tower of Doom.  Skiing will be played often as well but isn't what makes me want to purchase this collection.

Auto Racing is a game I always like to play until I play it for a few minutes and stop playing as it looks so good but something about the movement makes me want to stop playing.  lol

All the other titles will get an opportunity but I don't envision myself playing them after that.

Really... I'd have bought a Cloudy Mountain cart on the Evercade.  The fact that they are including Tower of Doom on the same cart is icing on the cake!

• Like 3

I know nothing about the Morphcat Games collection but upon looking into the Micro Mages info, I remember thing a couple years ago about picking up a NES and getting this cart.  Once again, Evercade is here to same me some money!  lol  

This two pack of releases (Morphcat and Intellivision 2) will be an instant pre-order for me!

I passed on getting the Gremlin collection as nothing on it grabs my interest and the Renovation collection will require some more investigating as I don't recognize much from it.  I read about people being excited about some Genesis/MEgadrive classics but I didn't spend much time with the 16-bit era.  

• Like 2

I promise you that the Renovation collection will be in your top 5 for the system and maybe higher. It has many of the best games on Evercade period, and it has the best variety since Piko and Lynx 1. RPGs, adventure games, hack and slash, platformers, shmups, pinball, and more. It also has one of the worst games on Evercade so far, Beast Wrestler, but even that could be a fun drinking game…

https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/renovation-collection-1/

Geez, even I forgot how many heavy hitters were on here. Almost all of these games sell for over $50 a piece loose, too, so it’s a really great deal. My only complaint is that some of these (Valis, Exile) are much better in their Turbografx CD versions than the Genesis/MD versions. But oh well.

• Like 3

It should be mine I used to love some of those Genesis games.  And despite the fact I do have a mega everdrive and I do have a Nomad -- damn I want that cart on evercade.  The line up on there is spectacular on multiple genre tiers.  It's a key collection, top 3 of the old guard stuff since I want to isolate the piko and homebrew guys as they're excellent on their own.  But of the classic stuff...renovation is top tier.

I can't detail all, some I have no experience for there since @King_Salamon is wondering, but some I do.

While goofy looking Dino Land is a pretty solid digital pinball game if you're into the genre it's worth the effort.

El Viento, much like the couple of stellar Valis titles, are top tier hack n slash platforming action titles that should be explored.

It also has some well loved shooters, vertical, horitzonal, 360 degree overhead stuff with Sol Deace, Gaiares,Granada, and recently Gaiares got a reprint/rerelease on Genesis in limited numbers scooped up fast.

Exile is a great game too, exploratory overhead map into action stages, pretty solid fun, has one confusing annoyance with random doors to move through a big building style maze of the era though.

The other stuff I can't speak to really but I recall people loving on Arcus Odyssey a lot in the era.  The rest could be fun, filler, or fits a certain taste but really you have a knockout on this cart.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 4

Arcus Odyssey is an awesome isometric action RPG/dungeon crawler that leans more to the RPG side than Zelda. Kind of like Gauntlet crossed with Zelda but more RPGey?

Traysia is a pretty good if a little generic RPG.

Final Zone is a fast paced isometric shmup-ish where you are a mech cruising around an infinitely scrolling city trying to destroy all of the enemies and then has forced scrolling more traditional Viewpoint-type levels. It’s kind of Strike series-ey in the free roaming parts, just without the mission objectives. It’s not the best, but it’s pretty good. The sequel on TurboCD was not good.

Beast Wrestler is a gnarly, slow, confusing isometric 3D fighting game that is one of the most hated Genesis games, but I would play it over several other games in the right context.

• Like 1

Well, Shark! Shark! was decent, but not all I'd hoped it would be (review link), so now the rest of the night is going to be fiddling with World Rally. 

I've just gotten things posed for a photo. The cursing will start promptly after dinner.

It doesn't matter how careful you are, any night spent with arcade boards always causes some kind bleeding.

4XMNawRm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It should be mine I used to love some of those Genesis games.  And despite the fact I do have a mega everdrive and I do have a Nomad -- damn I want that cart on evercade.  The line up on there is spectacular on multiple genre tiers.  It's a key collection, top 3 of the old guard stuff since I want to isolate the piko and homebrew guys as they're excellent on their own.  But of the classic stuff...renovation is top tier.

I can't detail all, some I have no experience for there since @King_Salamon is wondering, but some I do.

While goofy looking Dino Land is a pretty solid digital pinball game if you're into the genre it's worth the effort.

El Viento, much like the couple of stellar Valis titles, are top tier hack n slash platforming action titles that should be explored.

It also has some well loved shooters, vertical, horitzonal, 360 degree overhead stuff with Sol Deace, Gaiares,Granada, and recently Gaiares got a reprint/rerelease on Genesis in limited numbers scooped up fast.

Exile is a great game too, exploratory overhead map into action stages, pretty solid fun, has one confusing annoyance with random doors to move through a big building style maze of the era though...

The other stuff I can't speak to really but I recall people loving on Arcus Odyssey a lot in the era.  The rest could be fun, filler, or fits a certain taste but really you have a knockout on this cart.

As a fan of shooters like Raiden, would these shooters scratch the same itch for me?  The majority of my shooters was on 8 bit systems and limited on 16 bit... as long as they aren't the bullet hell type.  I can find some fun with most but not the bullet hell.

Hack n Slash platforming sounds good as well... you're doing a great job selling me on this collection!  Perhaps I will order this one after all... it's not like a huge dollar investment either.  

As for Gremlin, I still don't see much of anything on that cart that I want to play.  Utopia does look something of interest but the rest of the games... not at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

As a fan of shooters like Raiden, would these shooters scratch the same itch for me?  The majority of my shooters was on 8 bit systems and limited on 16 bit... as long as they aren't the bullet hell type.  I can find some fun with most but not the bullet hell.

Yes, these are all pre-bullet hell. Gaiares, Granada, Sol Deace, and Final Zone are all quite challenging, though. But with save states you can get through tough sections a lot easier.

• Like 4

On 2/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, jgkspsx said:

Auto Racing

Cloudy Mountain

Hover Force

Motocross

Reversi

Sharp Shot

Stadium Mud Buggies

Star Strike

Super Pro Decathlon

Tower of Doom

Vectron

Pretty solid collection.  Definitely worth picking up if someone has an Evercade for sure.

• Like 2

Just wanted to let everyone know we've opened up back-orders for the following items with an ETA of late March / early April:

Gaelco Arcade

Atari Arcade

Jaleco

Premium Handheld Pack

Also, in case you missed it, we now have Interplay #2 in stock and ready to ship. This game was out of stock from our distributor when Songbird first started carrying Evercade over a year ago, but is now available.

Happy gaming! :)

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, jgkspsx said:

Yeah, it would have been nice to include Treasure of Tarmin.  Perhaps there will be a volume 3 collection.  If they do release a 3rd collection, hopefully they put INTV Bowling on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I would like a third collection if there are enough games to fill it out. What's left that the Amico folks own the rights to?

I think this could be great as well. I didn't have an Intellivision growing up, in fact I've never owned an Intellivision, so it would be fun to explore more games. My cousins had one (12 hours away) and it was fun, but we always ended up fighting, pulling hair, and I think someone even got bit. Still good times though?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:31 AM, Ryan_Blaze said:

Hi @jgkspsx this sounds really weird?!? Unfortunately funstock is a seperate entity than us so we have no ability to jump in and see what happened. However if you email support@evercade.co.uk and tell them Ryan sent you and explain the situation, I will ask the support team to get in touch with funstock and see if there is anything we can do to escalate that for you.

Just wanted to thank Ryan and the Evercade team and Funstock for getting me a replacement system on the double!

93212BEF-AE2E-45D4-B0CF-E3D37267A902.thumb.jpeg.7518caf0e1b1a340e15e6d975943b40a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1