IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

I really have no idea, but I hope Blaze realize they could be alienating their customers if they announce yet another system after people just bought a new EXP or VS...

Hopefully,  it's something that's compatible with everything else...(The Controller says VS/VS-R/Alpha on the box,  for instance)...

Speaking of...I want to order some of those controllers!  They'll match my Founder's VS!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I really have no idea, but I hope Blaze realize they could be alienating their customers if they announce yet another system after people just bought a new EXP or VS...

Maybe some will be alienated, but for myself I've just decided to stick to collecting the games and using my old EXP and VS. hardware until they stop working someday.

Then I will buy new hardware cheap as there will be no shortage of it out there!😄

I can't relate to hardware collecting for space reasons and the fact I can only play one system at a time,and all the variations do exactly the same thing.

Again,that's just me. I always understand that everyone collects differently, which is obviously just fine.

• Like 1

My guess is that the Alpha is either a tabletop mini arcade or a slimmed-down VS with a single cart slot, two controller ports only, and possibly no downloadable games. A SuperPocket TV, if you will. I am sure they realize that releasing something better than what they just released will make people unhappy.

Ordered the new carts and the official tate grip from Songbird! I may get an EXP-R later if they fixed the sound issues. I love my existing 3D printed tate grip from Pernstar Motorsports but I am interested in trying the official one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

My guess is that the Alpha is either a tabletop mini arcade or a slimmed-down VS with a single cart slot, two controller ports only, and possibly no downloadable games. A SuperPocket TV, if you will. I am sure they realize that releasing something better than what they just released will make people unhappy.

Ordered the new carts and the official tate grip from Songbird! I may get an EXP-R later if they fixed the sound issues. I love my existing 3D printed tate grip from Pernstar Motorsports but I am interested in trying the official one.

I don't think any of that makes sense except for a tabletop mini with a rotatable screen like the TAITO unit (with probably a simpler, manual rotation). It wouldn't need TV out (redundant with the VS), but I think it should have downloadable games support and full multiplayer support. If they can hit a $129 - $149 USD price point, I think it would do well.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I was thinking on this too.  Of course,  it could depend on the use of the word "Hardware".  I think in days past even controllers were considered hardware.  So my quick thoughts were:  An arcade cabinet (could be anything from a 1-Up type mini to full sized,  or tabletop like your guess), a VR-like device where the screen is inside goggles or something (even as I consider this option very unlikely), or an Arcade controller to pair with the VS.

These are just guesses...I'd love to see an Arcade stick,  or tabletop or cabinet, especially with a rotating monitor! 

• Like 2

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say that I consider anything bigger than a tabletop like this:

Taito Egret II Mini 40title Built-in Retro Game Arcade Cabinet Machine TAS-H-001 - Picture 1 of 6

is just not going to be in their plans. The logistics with packing and shipping even an Arcade1Up-sized arcade unit, and even something like a countercade, are just impractical for a company of their size and their distributors. They need something that's relatively easy to ship and has fewer things that can go wrong. There's just way too much variability with anything beyond the TAITO Egret II size. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

One idea somebody offered on Facebook was that the Alpha could be a dock for the EXP with controller ports. That would be really neat, but I am not sure if the USB port of the EXP is hooked up to data at all.

Yeah, I don't think a dock, even if it were technically feasible, makes much sense. They're streamlininng their product offerings, so it would make no sense to further complicate things. I suspect they have the most success hardware-wise with limited edition or specialized runs of hardware, e.g., Duke Nukem VS, so I think it would make sense to have another (practical) form factor on offer rather than "just" another add-on type thing (the TATE grip excepted because it serves a real need).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

my old EXP

Which was released less than one year and a half ago, actually 😉

I like the tabletop theory, but then again, it's called "Alpha", and it should mean something (well, "EXP" didn't mean anything in particular but "VS" did). It almost sounds like they're gonna release a new version of the original Evercade (which would be completely weird though).

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 2