IGNORED

Analogue Pocket

sgrddy

On 6/28/2024 at 11:43 AM, GoldLeader said:

It's kind of funny to look back in this thread...Back before I had even 1 Analogue Pocket...Now I have 2 of'em, plus dock, adapters etc.!

For me it’s little revolution in itself as to quality retro-handheld gaming…

The original Lynx had/have too weak screen for me (personally) to enjoy… (I do not believe old, original hardware hsndhelds, will come off any better for me), and now I can play original carts from 7, no 8, systems, - and when time and energy allows, dive into the deeper world of openFPGA cores ‘n roms etc.

It’s one of devices I’ve been spending the most game-time with the last 6-7 months.

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question for the Thread:

Can you open the Easter-Egg/unlick the hidden-version of Battlezone 2000 (Lynx/adapter) on the Analogue?

It says, push option 1 twice on the screen where you setup your Tank.

Then hit reset, and it will restart as original project Battlezone etc.

Can I get my Analogue to do the same?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, 42bs said:

A Lynx has no "RESET", so does not AP. "RESTART" is Option 1 + Pause

Thanks.

it must be my timing then… I just don’t get it (original version) opened/unlocked… aarrghh

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 42bs said:

A Lynx has no "RESET", so does not AP. "RESTART" is Option 1 + Pause

5 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Yes.

Ok - with a little bit of Option 1-pushing trial & error, I got the Original version opened - and it was a different world entirely.

Way too complex to have commercial appeal to arcade-gamers, but they could have had both versions opened for selection right from the start.

10 hours ago, xhul said:

True, and there's only a 1-byte difference (along with the checksum-cancelling header).

amazing...

but i think I re-encrypted it with checksum.

Edited by sage
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

newbie here, sorry if the question has already been asked & replied to:

what Lynx multicarts work with the Analogue Pocket ?
I'm about to buy an AP, I have quite a few original Lynx cards, but it'd be cool to buy a multicart as well to get all Lynx games running on it.

thanks in advance if someone cares to reply, and long live the Lynx (and the AP) 

Edited by kinglear
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, it seems that we won't get Spiritualized's cores for Lynx, PC Engine, and NeoGeo Pocket after all, which would make any flashcart instantly redundant. There will be openFPGA cores for all of them, but it seems Analogue wanted to encourage third party developers, so both PCE and NGP cores have been created recently, and I think someone is working on Lynx right now (Budude if I'm not mistaken). I just hope his core will be as good as Kev's.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Unfortunately, it seems that we won't get Spiritualized's cores for Lynx, PC Engine, and NeoGeo Pocket after all, which would make any flashcart instantly redundant. There will be openFPGA cores for all of them, but it seems Analogue wanted to encourage third party developers, so both PCE and NGP cores have been created recently, and I think someone is working on Lynx right now (Budude if I'm not mistaken). I just hope his core will be as good as Kev's.

The budude2 Lynx core is available today, for you to try out.

https://github.com/budude2/openfpga-AtariLynx/releases/tag/v1.0.0

• Like 5

On 8/29/2024 at 6:03 PM, kinglear said:

newbie here, sorry if the question has already been asked & replied to:

what Lynx multicarts work with the Analogue Pocket ?
I'm about to buy an AP, I have quite a few original Lynx cards, but it'd be cool to buy a multicart as well to get all Lynx games running on it.

thanks in advance if someone cares to reply, and long live the Lynx (and the AP) 

The original RetroHQ cart from 2017 isn't  working but I believe the issue was identified (not continuing to read the cart for long enough) and will be in the next firmware update. Actually does anyone know when that might be? Not seen anything since March and really holding out to be able to use my flashcart. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OmegasSpartan said:

The original RetroHQ cart from 2017 isn't  working but I believe the issue was identified (not continuing to read the cart for long enough) and will be in the next firmware update. Actually does anyone know when that might be? Not seen anything since March and really holding out to be able to use my flashcart. 

Yeah, and Alpine Games 🙂 It has been a while at this point.