IGNORED

PlusCart(+) + SD

Andrew Davie

3 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I have had at least 5 of the little 8266 modules bad from new. Those things are a pain in my a&$. 

Did you try to program them before soldering? 

Are you using NodeMCU-PyFlasher to program it?

By the way, what firmware did you put in it?

On 6/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, Al_Nafuur said:

Al_Nafuur, just to know....

You have to use the elf file to program the STM32F407VGT6 with STM32CubeProgrammer, right?

The bin file, in this case is used to update the firmware?

I can use this same pcb without the ESP8266 to program UnoCart firmware? 

https://github.com/DirtyHairy/UnoCart-2600/releases

I'm waiting for my JLCPCB pcb, but I was doing some tests with STM32F407VGT6 programming....

2 hours ago, cfarl said:

You have to use the elf file to program the STM32F407VGT6 with STM32CubeProgrammer, right?

As far as I am aware, you can use either, but it's easier with the elf. With the bin you need to set some of the programmer addresses correctly. Vague here - I just use the elf these days. I have previously used either/both. Al will confirm/correct.

2 hours ago, cfarl said:

I can use this same pcb without the ESP8266 to program UnoCart firmware? 

Yes, if you're using the dual Uno/Plus board. It's compatible with both. Or all three, if you think of it as UnoCart, PlusCart, PlusCart SD.

• Like 1

@cfarl I recommend the firmware version 2.1.1 from this post:

13 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:
15 hours ago, cfarl said:

As far as I am aware, you can use either, but it's easier with the elf. With the bin you need to set some of the programmer addresses correctly. Vague here - I just use the elf these days. I have previously used either/both. Al will confirm/correct.

? correct.

Yes, if you're using the dual Uno/Plus board. It's compatible with both. Or all three, if you think of it as UnoCart, PlusCart, PlusCart SD.

Or all six if you think of it as:

1. UnoCart
  2. PlusCart
  3. UnoCart Zero ( no SD )
  4. PlusCart Zero ( no WiFi )
  5. UnoCart Duo ( +WiFi )
  6. PlusCart Duo ( +SD )

and even eight if you count the nameless "forbidden" ones:

• UnoCart with WiFi and without SD
  • PlusCart with SD and without WiFi

I separate the PlusCart and the UnoCart by the GPIO ports used for the data bus.

42 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@cfarl I recommend the firmware version 2.1.1 from this post:

? correct.

Or all six if you think of it as:

1. UnoCart
  2. PlusCart
  3. UnoCart Zero ( no SD )
  4. PlusCart Zero ( no WiFi )
  5. UnoCart Duo ( +WiFi )
  6. PlusCart Duo ( +SD )

and even eight if you count the nameless "forbidden" ones:

• UnoCart with WiFi and without SD
  • PlusCart with SD and without WiFi

I separate the PlusCart and the UnoCart by the GPIO ports used for the address bus.

Thanks!

Nice work you've done here!

On 3/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, Andrew Davie said:

An aside; my printer give vertical lines/ripples on the sides of things as they're printed. I just found out this is actually the stepper motors causing it, not (as I thought) the belt vibration.  It can be almost eliminated by printing walls very slowly. So, if you have the same issue then try setting your outline/shell speed to something low (say, 10mm/s). It makes a huge, huge difference for me.

Yeah, nah. The vertical lines were actually because I didn't have the extruder holding tightly enough onto the filament, and the toothed feed wheel occasionally ground off some filament instead of pushing it through. It was a bit of slippage. I happened to clean the whole mechanism and when I put it back together I noticed the residue on the teeth and figured "tighter will stop that", and what do you know - my vertical lines on walls went away.  It was hard to find because the lines were aligned, and I didn't grok that the extruder could cause that. Well anyway, now walls are very smooth for me so that must have been a major contributor.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 5:00 AM, cfarl said:

Did you try to program them before soldering? 

Are you using NodeMCU-PyFlasher to program it?

By the way, what firmware did you put in it?

I recommend the AT-Command firmware version v1.7.4.0

A bit of advice, test and flash your ESP8266 before you solder. Had 3 of same brand (bottom pictured below) from Amazon and none of them worked....seemed to flash but never detected by ESPlorer or PlusCart SD. Got another brand and 2 of those 3 flashed and worked under ESPlorer. May wire jumpers in to try the working ones, as the nonworking ones are going to be challenging to remove.  

ESP8266.jpg

Edited by WicoKid

Got my cart in last week but didn't actually try it out and get it registered etc... until last night really. One question as everything else has been really straighforward.

Explain how the offline ROMs work again? I looked this up in the manual but it isn't that clear to me. If I understand it right, I should just be able to place roms into the offline folder from the cloud webclient and they will be available to download through the settings on the PlusCart menu? Mine just says that the file it too small or something in that section. Does it just mean I need to stick more roms in there? I was basically just wanting a few of the diagnostic type tools and a few test games I use when working on systems placed in the offline portion so it could be used anywhere pretty much I need it with or without online ability at the time.

25 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Got my cart in last week but didn't actually try it out and get it registered etc... until last night really. One question as everything else has been really straighforward.

Explain how the offline ROMs work again? I looked this up in the manual but it isn't that clear to me. If I understand it right, I should just be able to place roms into the offline folder from the cloud webclient and they will be available to download through the settings on the PlusCart menu? Mine just says that the file it too small or something in that section. Does it just mean I need to stick more roms in there? I was basically just wanting a few of the diagnostic type tools and a few test games I use when working on systems placed in the offline portion so it could be used anywhere pretty much I need it with or without online ability at the time.

The firmware versions before v2.1.1 had a bug. When downloading the offline ROMs into the flash memory, 32 KiB were always requested at the first request, even if there were no 32 KiB in total. This caused the download to fail.

This bug has been fixed in v2.1.1, but obviously I forgot to remove the workaround/warning message for the new version in the PlusStore API. I just have fixed this and you should be able to download your offline ROM files now.

39 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

"File too small" seems to indicate that you did upload something different, but not a ROM.

actually you can put (nearly) everything into the offline folder of your PlusStore account and it will be downloaded to your PlusCarts flash as long as it can be put into a tar file.

39 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Maybe a link?

e.g. tar files will be ignored. I haven't tested other files like links

11 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Yes, it is a cutout. It's designed to allow you to place a shunt on those pins, which is removed for manual programming.

Good Night!!

Same error on allpcb.com with me.

And they gave two options to answer what to do.

These are:

1:Need to make the slot pointed by the arrow. Accept the plug hole is gong off.
2:No need to make the slot. ignore the part pointed by the arrow. please choose one.

Which one should i mark???

3 hours ago, Robsonz said:

Good Night!!

Same error on allpcb.com with me.

And they gave two options to answer what to do.

These are:

1:Need to make the slot pointed by the arrow. Accept the plug hole is gong off.
2:No need to make the slot. ignore the part pointed by the arrow. please choose one.

Which one should i mark???

I don't understand the wording totally, but #1 sounds like it.

You do want to have the hole there.  You do need to make that "slot" pointed to by the arrow.

• Thanks 1