IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

About WTR, as reported if you let it go it starts to play the "attract mode" which uses the game engine in real time, in fact if you press 2 you can toggle the texture of the road on/off, so it seems it almost works .... but yeah if you try to actually play it locks.

Also the sound of the engines in "attract mode" is very very quiet, maybe it's on purpose who knows, but it's there.

16 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Other notes:

World Tour Racing ripped/converted/loaded fine.  It freezes at the start of a race though.  I specify this for clarity, as SainT already said it wasn't working, but I don't know what point others got to with the game.

10 hours ago, Johnpv said:

That is the exact same one I am using. Maybe I have bad dumps even though they convert and load without any errors. I will try re-dumping my discs with a few different settings and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,

Mitch

Mines the 16GB version of that, same 10 A1 text. I formatted my card, copied all the CD files first and then copied my ROMs back over. Most worked fine other than the odd niggle. Then I was met with disappointment at how terrible some of them were ?

First, Thanks to Saint a lot.

This is my experience with the last firmware :

!All videos (exept the shorts one) skip automatically.!

Baldies : Seems working.

Myst : Work

Primal rage : Freeze when loading the match.

Blue lighting : work

Vid grid : Freeze at the loading screen.

Battlemorph : work

Dragon's lair : introduction vidéo reset after 2 seconds indefinitely.

Brain Dead 13 : Barely playable, but some videos reset.

Highlander : Freeze after 3-5 seconds of gameplay.

Hover strike : Crash when i launch a mission. The image dissapears from above , and blue lines appear.  o_O

Space Ace : Like Dragon's lair...

I use the Atrac17's pack.

Games are copied in Dir Sd:/cdgames  not in the root.  ( i test in the root today)

29 minutes ago, Totorb2x said:

Dragon's lair : introduction vidéo reset after 2 seconds indefinitely.

Brain Dead 13 : Barely playable, but some videos reset.

Space Ace : Like Dragon's lair...

You might want to try a different memory card, these do work fine but push the data transfer hard. If you have a slow memory card, these will suffer.

4 hours ago, Hastor said:

It also says 'No Memory Track' every now and then after loading the game or title screen. Is that expected on some currently? I searched this thread for 'memory track' and only found one other mention of it for Battlemorph, and I get the message there as well.

This is expected btw, there is no memorytrak support yet. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this somewhere in the notes somewhere (cd2jcd?), but I may have forgotten.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Totorb2x said:

Thanks for the help.

I'll going to buy this one : Sandisk 32go Class 10, UHS Class 1, A1

It s ok or you have an other one to recommented ?

That should do the trick -- I am using an old 8GB card successfully and have used new SanDisk cards also. I'm not sure what cards have an issue to be quite honest, I guess stick to the likes of SanDisk, etc, and you should be good.

Test with my new Sd card Sandisk 32go.

Fresh format and copy games on root.

Highlander : Work

Space ace : work

Brain dead 13 : work

Battlemorph : Work

Hover strike : Work

Primal Rage : Work

Vid grid : Freeze at loading screen.

Damn , it s so cool :)

Now, it s very difficult to find others good dumps :(  (robinson, alice, protector, another world,elansar...) 

• Like 1

Quite a few Samsung cards and also Lexar have issues with other ODE's where audio can stretch or data reads can fail due to something those cards do while they are being accessed. One card series that seems to always work on any ODE is the cheaper Sandisk cards. The Samsung and Lexar might be doing some sort of health check or garbage collection at some point which can cause a continuous read to go on too long (which can also cause stretched audio).

Is anybody else having issues with their QR? My phone does not give me an URL with the default camera app that I normally use for QR codes nor does any 3rd party app. I also tried my girlfriends phone and it also does not work and she also uses it for QR stuff pretty frequently. I already pinged Saint about it but then I realized I should check these forums and report in case others are seeing the same issue.

Thanks!

Edited by Amerika

20 hours ago, SainT said:

I have a request! The old issue of some jags freezing while loading ROMs seems to have returned in the new CD firmware. You’ll know about it if it affects you, as the cart will regularly freeze while loading ROMs.

If your jag either works, or doesn’t, with the CD firmware and you have a K... serial number, can you let me know what it is?

The issue is with V1.0 GPU chips, but I’m trying to figure out if there is a serial number correlation.

Here's my K serial, I had the new firmware freeze on two or three files.

IMG_20210416_182251.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amerika said:

Is anybody else having issues with their QR? My phone does not give me an URL with the default camera app that I normally use for QR codes nor does any 3rd party app. I also tried my girlfriends phone and it also does not work and she also uses it for QR stuff pretty frequently. I already pinged Saint about it but then I realized I should check these forums and report in case others are seeing the same issue.

Thanks!

No, though I'm not sure of your display type. I'm using a CRT and those can be tricky to photo with a camera to begin with, usually half the screen showing up dark due to the shutter timing not lining up with the refresh rate of the TV. It took me a minute to get it to scan off the CRT, but after moving my phone back and forth and tilting it around, I got there in about 30 seconds.

Edited by Hastor

3 minutes ago, Amerika said:

Thanks!

The QR did nothing for me at all, but at the bottom it tells you what website to go to and so I just physically typed it in on my laptop and wet there, found the firmware and then downloaded it and put it on my SD card and when I loaded the GD the next time it updated everything. 

I did the first revision an hour after it came out the other day and been running CD games ever since. Ive tested on 2 of my Jags one with a M model and one with a K model

My issue was resolved. My controller was giving me a double input when I pressed Option and it skipped past the screen with the URL. The QR for the screen did not work, but I was able to download my firmware. Thanks to Saint on the assist with that. I had no clue there were multiple screens to cycle through and I never pressed Option button again.

Also, I have dual output going to my LCD as well and the QR does not work from it either. Not a big deal, I can type in an URL.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QGSVzNQsEtCzW8nx9

That is an album of my Jag's hardware when I did a recap. It shows the serial and the internals nicely. It looks like I have an K serial number and v1.0 is listed on Tom and Jerry (I think that's the IC's names).

I've only gotten to use the new firmware for 30 minutes and tested only Space Ace, Primal Rage and Highlander, and besides the Memory Track missing message you get during Highlander, I've had no issues thus far.

Edited by Amerika

20 minutes ago, CommodoreCEO said:

Is there any other way to convert CCDs to JCDs than with 'cd2jcd'? That doesn't appear to be working when attempting to convert CCD files sadly and I seemingly have no other way to play Jaguar CDs on my Game Drive. :(

Could you possibly use something like WinCDEmu to mount the CCD image as a virtual drive, then rip it to Bin/Cue using other software, resulting in a usable bin/cue version of the image?

Edited by Hastor

24 minutes ago, CommodoreCEO said:

Is there any other way to convert CCDs to JCDs than with 'cd2jcd'? That doesn't appear to be working when attempting to convert CCD files sadly and I seemingly have no other way to play Jaguar CDs on my Game Drive. :(

CCD support is broken right now. Hopefully Saint will get it fixed soon.

Edited by mario64
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hastor said:

Could you possibly use something like WinCDEmu to mount the CCD image as a virtual drive, then rip it to Bin/Cue using other software, resulting in a usable bin/cue version of the image?

That seems potentially complicated for just having a blast on some of the Jaguar CD games. Hah! I just wanted to mess about with a few on the Game Drive as I already have a few CDs and the Jaguar CD unit.

15 minutes ago, CommodoreCEO said:

That seems potentially complicated for just having a blast on some of the Jaguar CD games. Hah! I just wanted to mess about with a few on the Game Drive as I already have a few CDs and the Jaguar CD unit.

Yeah, I thought you were aware of CCD being broken currently and were trying to find a workaround until then. As I don't have an actual CD unit, I'd definitely go that far, but I'm pretty stubborn when I get something new.