IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

3 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

I have seen a few. They all were trayless. I have a shrink wrapped one that I won’t open, but I’m kinda of the opinion that they were never released with a tray. 

Here are Sample of a few of the Internal views for Comparison. I too, checked the tray sizing in the Taiwan Box, and Can confirm, the design was not to fit a plastic insert tray.

Las Vegas P&G  (1).jpg

Las Vegas P&G  (4).jpg

Las Vegas P&G  (5).jpg

Las Vegas P&G  (2).jpg

Las Vegas P&G  (6).jpg

Las Vegas P&G  (3).jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

This opening is 71x92mm, and the tray fits inside.

2 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

My two boxes where the tray doesn't fit, has different cardboard arrangements for the pocket, and the opening is 70x91 mm

The opening of my box is 70x91 mm too…

We might have both variants with and without plastic tray then, the latter being less common…

39 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

The opening of my box is 70x91 mm too…

We might have both variants with and without plastic tray then, the latter being less common…

Just found a second Taiwan box, and there is about a Millimetre

difference between the two. The Definitive difference , between variants, would lie in the Bottom flap print out As they both have the Part number

2611-0910-G1 as their key, and they have the same print out on the bottom flap. I will not chalk these up as a variant.

I think the proper way to catalogue boxes, as variants, would be by the Internal part Number (Key), the exterior Back and or Front view, and by the Top and or Bottom Flap view, and weather they have a Internal Plastic tray, or were designed without one. This is How I am categorizing  the variants in my Picture database.

Edited by Wizewonathome

8 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

Just found a second Taiwan box, and there is about a Millimetre

difference between the two. The Definitive difference , between variants, would lie in the Bottom flap print out As they both have the Part number

2611-0910-G1 as their key, and they have the same print out on the bottom flap. I will not chalk these up as a variant.

I think the proper way to catalogue boxes, as variants, would be by the Internal part Number (Key), the exterior Back and or Front view, and by the Top and or Bottom Flap view, and weather they have a Internal Plastic tray, or were designed without one. This is How I am categorizing  the variants in my Picture database.

Quite difficult to draw a line with the variants indeed...

As far as I'm concerned, same box, same PN, same bottom flap text, but with or without plastic tray would definitely qualify as variant, and I'm tracking them down in my mega excel file that I hope to complete and release soon to the community.

Also, even if @Spadafermo51 jokes about it ;-), I consider variant the presence or not of the red round sticker "NEW" on the INTV Corp. Boxes.

Another important difference with your approach it that I'm also tracking, not always, different cartridges in same box (white label over original Mattel label for example in the II games, or the INTV cartirdges labels that can vary for the same game).

I'm not traking manuals in my file (so far). The truth is that for cartridges and manuals variant the only solution is the database like Intvfunhouse: the one dimension database like the excel file can't work.

With this kind of variant policy, I have already listed 666 variants for Mattel, Intellivision Inc and INTV Corp games. I still have to add the Australian Lyfestyle Electronics stickered games that we listed few months ago and some Aurimat and Digiplay games, then it should be quite complete.

One fo the reasons why I did create my file is to make sure I don't buy twice the very same game by mistake, I don't like doubles.

I can upload my file on my iPhone and see very rapidly and easily if I have already a game or not.

14 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Quite difficult to draw a line with the variants indeed...

As far as I'm concerned, same box, same PN, same bottom flap text, but with or without plastic tray would definitely qualify as variant, and I'm tracking them down in my mega excel file that I hope to complete and release soon to the community.

Also, even if @Spadafermo51 jokes about it ;-), I consider variant the presence or not of the red round sticker "NEW" on the INTV Corp. Boxes.

Another important difference with your approach it that I'm also tracking, not always, different cartridges in same box (white label over original Mattel label for example in the II games, or the INTV cartirdges labels that can vary for the same game).

I'm not traking manuals in my file (so far). The truth is that for cartridges and manuals variant the only solution is the database like Intvfunhouse: the one dimension database like the excel file can't work.

With this kind of variant policy, I have already listed 666 variants for Mattel, Intellivision Inc and INTV Corp games. I still have to add the Australian Lyfestyle Electronics stickered games that we listed few months ago and some Aurimat and Digiplay games, then it should be quite complete.

One fo the reasons why I did create my file is to make sure I don't buy twice the very same game by mistake, I don't like doubles.

I can upload my file on my iPhone and see very rapidly and easily if I have already a game or not.

I do think once I get my complete picture database done, and you complete you complete your datafile of variants, we should be able to at least get the box section, started on a web site. At last count I was over 500 variants, not including Intellivision Inc. games and the INTV group.

9 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I have no way of telling what cartridge (or manual, or overlay) SHOULD go in which box (beyond the HK/US, etc information), so in my spreadsheet, I just track which manual, cartridge and overlay variant is in which box IN MY COLLECTION (or on its own line if it is something I know I need).  I have not been diligent about adding every single variant into my spreadsheet if I don't have it, but it does have everything I own.

I have 522 boxes from the original 125, some of those include more than one manual and few even have more than one cartridge (to reduce the duplicate boxes). And there is one repro box in the bunch (Spiker). 

2 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

I have no way of telling what cartridge (or manual, or overlay) SHOULD go in which box (beyond the HK/US, etc information), so in my spreadsheet, I just track which manual, cartridge and overlay variant is in which box IN MY COLLECTION (or on its own line if it is something I know I need).  I have not been diligent about adding every single variant into my spreadsheet if I don't have it, but it does have everything I own.

I have 522 boxes from the original 125, some of those include more than one manual and few even have more than one cartridge (to reduce the duplicate boxes). And there is one repro box in the bunch (Spiker). 

I think it is more important to have a section dedicated to the box variants, but not the contents in them. A separate section would be the proper route to take, as shown on your spread sheet. If a new website is set up, I have some cool ideas for integration and user friendlyness.

Another request for the Picture data Base.

Looking for a copy of Triple Action 3760-0810, the Radofin Version?

If so, could you post clear Front view, Back view, Inside view and a Bottom flap view of the box?

I have only found two copies of the box so far. These pictures are low resolution and blurry. This is the

inside view confirming the existence, of this variant.

Triple Action BX Mattel 3760-0810 (RDF) BRIT-ENG 1981-3.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another request for the Picture data Base.

Looking for a copy of 1120-0810, Draughts, the Radofin Version? If there are both a Hong Kong Radofin, and a White Sticker Australian

version, it would be nice to have both sets of the pictures.

If so, could you post clear Front view, Back view, Inside view and a Bottom flap view of the box?

Sample view of the Front cover is here:

Draughts BX Mattel 1120-0810 (RDF) BRIT-ENG 1980-1a.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

Today I was checking some of my games and I noticed that I have two copies of SPACE BATTLE 2612-0410 Made in HONG KONG International edition, dark blue Space Network box with plastic tray, no PN on top, slots back for manual, both without the bottom flap blue sticker. The text is printed on the bottom flap.

Now, on Intvfunhouse the only 0410 listed is described WITH a "CA on sticker on bottom" that I assume should mean the blue sticker that we find now and then on many variants.

I would like to understand if that variant, with the "CA on sticker on bottom" exists and, if yes, get a picture of it.

Do you have some more info about it?

@Humblejack When providing Views of a Box, Please provide All Views including Front view, Back view, Inside full View,

and Bottom Flap View. If there is information on the Top, That view as well will help out. I realize some views, may look redundant,

and the same as other boxes, but having all views nails down the actual variant for the Picture data base. The database is

being built for the prime reason, that the INTV Funhouse site lacks some of the views to confirm an actual box.

Thank you

Edited by Wizewonathome

9 minutes ago, Wizewonathome said:

Looking at my Picture group for the No-Slot version of Space Battle, I can see what looks like a sticker, If I enhance the Picture.

Very interesting…

So far we have two Space Battle 0410 HK variants certified:

1 - with slots back for manual and without bottom flap blue sticker - by Morpheus

2 - without slots back for manual and with bottom flap blue sticker - by Humblejack and you.

Let’s see if in the future we will spot the remaining two possible combinations…

56 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Very interesting…

1 - with slots back for manual and without bottom flap blue sticker - by Morpheus

2 - without slots back for manual and with bottom flap blue sticker - by Humblejack and you.

Let’s see if in the future we will spot the remaining two possible combinations…

Both my slotted and unslotted Space Battle 0410 HK have the sticker. Not convenient to get pictures for the next week or so.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Very interesting…

That is correct, and the update has been reflected with pictures and proper changes in the database.