IGNORED

Was not releasing with CD at launch the biggest mistake Atari made with the Jaguar?

Leeroy ST

35 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

Get a beer, put your feet up. This board has been too quiet since Last Strike came out. I've been enjoying this thread immensely. No technical merit required.

Hope to be posting regular GravMines stuff shortly... but feel free to discuss reBOOTed in the meantime ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ataritiger said:

And? Look im a doer not a dreamer or spectator or hater. I am an assistant plant manager at MCSllc Plastics PANJ plastic molding facility #1 and 2. We made 1,000 cheap plastic construction cones on 2 lines today. 

You being an assistant plant manager has nothing to do with Microsoft licensing Doom to third parties. Microsoft do publish games, like Minecraft, on other platforms but those platforms are billion dollar markets. 

Look, what you're proposing is never going to work. 

But, seeing as apparently money isn't a problem, there are things you can do if you're willing to fork out a lot of money for slim chances of profit. You can go the route of making a clone FPGA console, like Analogue have done with the NES, SNES and Genesis. Similar in style, but dissimilar enough to not gain legal attention, and with HDMI. Bundle it with the reproduction pro controller and a link to purchasing the GD and you're good. It'll be expensive, but real life prices of the Jag might even eclipse that. 

With this, I hope we can end the pointless discussion of buying the rights for huge IP's from billion dollar companies. 

• Like 3

On 8/1/2021 at 11:45 PM, Keatah said:

Maybe the whole industry was rigged. And it was definitely irrationally saturated. Half the consoles released in the 90's were completely unnecessary.

Gamers of all kinds wanted more and more. Yet were sticking with their favorite platforms, not expanding much beyond comfort.

I mean it wasn't that necessary, 3d0 was expensive same with cdi, and neither offered the same game catalog as sega and Nintendo.

We have some crazy thoughts here that exclusives outweigh having standard games, Nintendo had all the major 3rd parties NES was the best place to get them.  Sega was able to make great versions or better versions of what was popular at the time, and convince AAA titles to come over to Sega Genesis on top of that they had exclusive and something that differed themselves from competition /mortal kombat had blood--nintendo didn't.

Outside of it all is distribution getting a cdi, basically sears was the only place to carry it.  3d0 was a little easier it was in most electronic stores. Atari was harder it was mainly in video game stores only.

The world was not what it is now, where you can order everything online, more obscure systems even harder, neo geo I never saw anywhere.

Price did matter, most wanted john Madden football/mortal kombat/SF2 and a Mario or Sonic game and a few other games genesis/snes had 

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

You being an assistant plant manager has nothing to do with Microsoft licensing Doom to third parties. Microsoft do publish games, like Minecraft, on other platforms but those platforms are billion dollar markets. 

Look, what you're proposing is never going to work. 

But, seeing as apparently money isn't a problem, there are things you can do if you're willing to fork out a lot of money for slim chances of profit. You can go the route of making a clone FPGA console, like Analogue have done with the NES, SNES and Genesis. Similar in style, but dissimilar enough to not gain legal attention, and with HDMI. Bundle it with the reproduction pro controller and a link to purchasing the GD and you're good. It'll be expensive, but real life prices of the Jag might even eclipse that. 

With this, I hope we can end the pointless discussion of buying the rights for huge IP's from billion dollar companies. 

Well Bill is saying paying a license fee for avp is impossible why is that? Thank you for your post and suggestions. To other guy a cd iso rom could be on it like ? games on tg16mini but there are what 11 to 13 but only 1 or 2 good ones? No, jag didn't need to be just be a 1995 or 1996 2x laser slow loading time cd system with no vcd i even heard it hogged jag memory.

Edit. I could go fgpa route too but idk who could create a pcb besides krikkz or terraunion or maybe another ? company.

Edited by ataritiger
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, ataritiger said:

Well Bill is saying paying a license fee for avp is impossible why is that? Thank you for your post and suggestions. To other guy a cd iso rom could be on it like ? games on tgq6 but there are what 11 to 13 but only 1 or 2 good ones? No, jag didn't need to be just be a 1995 or 1996 2x laser slow loading time cd system with no vcd i even heard it hogged jag memory 

You shure dun gud reeserch der, dis gon be epic!

• Haha 5

We are trying to contact the atariage owner of shells. Either emu soft or fgpa the shells need to be approved as he has ownership of design, even at a smaller scale I need his approval. If you know who it is instead of writing God awful cornball lame jokes or being a negative being - then tell me.

Funny how you didnt quote end part. I talked to terraunion owner on Sega forum for years not Google search, Ouch. I contact krikkz, Damn. You are 0 for 2 so far, find a picture of you swinging a bat and missing. Nothing negated and nothing funny.  So hallmark, who owns those shells here? See that the thing im really trying to do this. But all I see is hate and cornyness. Its kind of sad.

Edited by ataritiger

8 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Funny how you didnt quote end part. I talked to terraunion owner on Sega forum for years not Google search, Ouch. I contact krikkz, Damn. You are 0 for 2 so far, find a picture of you swinging a bat and missing. Nothing negated and nothing funny.  So hallmark, who owns those shells here? See that the thing im really trying to do this. But all I see is hate and cornyness. Its kind of sad.

Because all your posts from the last 24 hours have just been you googling shit.

Everyone here knows who owns the shells. And so does Google, so it seems you aren't even good at that ;)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Because all your posts from the last 24 hours have just been you googling shit.

Everyone here knows who owns the shells. And so does Google, so it seems you aren't even good at that ;)

I never googled it. Only thing I googled was answer to avp sales with a screenshot. I figured you guys could tell me. I figured since we all like the jaguar and know the gems like nba jam or etc public don't know cuz avgn poop on it we could release a 1/4 or 1/2 scale version either emu or fgpa with hdmi thats cheaper than og $300 ebay prices now and $100 games. I have the resources for shells. Whats the mystery ? why not tell me since everyone knows who it is? I need their approval im trying do right thing. But again, I'm met with nonsense. Are you afraid it'll succeed? That 999 people in world would buy such a product?

Edited by ataritiger

10 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Could have googled it in the time it took to write that. 

Come back with a 100% working fpga core. You can Google what that is too. 

I dont blindly believe everything on google wiki or news. You could have answered me too ? I want the guy to visit our facility and pay him an upfront fee. Fpga core whats inside my NT i know what is. The thing is getting it perfect and cheap.

For those keeping track:

Day 1: ataritiger isn't sure if the Jag Mini, as mentioned on a fan sourced "ideas wiki" is real or not.

Day 2: He emailed some people and he's making a Jag Mini.

Day 3: He's Googled and now the Jag Mini is FPGA based. 

I can't wait to see what is in store for us on Day 4. He's acquired the license to finally get a Tomb Raider port on the Jag?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ataritiger said:

Typos im at work.

Is that a requirement? 

Funny how you didnt quote end part. I talked to terraunion owner on Sega forum for years not Google search, Ouch. I contact krikkz, Damn. 

Krikzz has better things to do than spending years designing and building from scratch a full FPGA system based on your dreams, which hasn't a hope of breaking even let alone turning a profit. 

"Terraunion" will be too busy making great devices and then dropping them like they're hot and providing the worst possible support. 

And why are you so fixated on the case guy? 

The guy who owns the molds doesn't own the rights to the design. 

Why do you even need the molds when you are making a mini case? 

Why worry about the legality of the case when you clearly don't grasp the legality of the software? Or, y'know, anything. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Gummy Bear said:

Is that a requirement? 

Krikzz has better things to do than spending years designing and building from scratch a full FPGA system based on your dreams, which hasn't a hope of breaking even let alone turning a profit. 

"Terraunion" will be too busy making great devices and then dropping them like they're hot and providing the worst possible support. 

And why are you so fixated on the case guy? 

The guy who owns the molds doesn't own the rights to the design. 

Why do you even need the molds when you are making a mini case? 

Why worry about the legality of the case when you clearly don't grasp the legality of the software? Or, y'know, anything. 

Because he owns the intellectual property of cases in 2021it was all acquired from coleco fraud guy.

1 hour ago, madman said:

For those keeping track:

Day 1: ataritiger isn't sure if the Jag Mini, as mentioned on a fan sourced "ideas wiki" is real or not.

Day 2: He emailed some people and he's making a Jag Mini.

Day 3: He's Googled and now the Jag Mini is FPGA based. 

I can't wait to see what is in store for us on Day 4. He's acquired the license to finally get a Tomb Raider port on the Jag?

And you and all others except 3 or 4 so far are the type that said:

1) snyder cut dont exist

2) it exists but its not finished

3) wb att will never pay more to finish it

4) but it'll never release on hbo max

5) ok it released but it won't be good

Oh it existed got finished with more $ released and was good :0

• Confused 2

All I did was take a suggestion on it. But fgpa would require a multi cart to play games like everdrive. No fgpa console so far either tg16, nes or genesis has 20 built in games.

Can you reword this so we can understand? We would hate so much to miss anything that you spew out of your fingertips through your keyboard into this forum. They are so entertaining!

• Haha 3