IGNORED

Atari Recharged Series (Discussion)

justclaws

• 3 weeks later...

Atari's Recharged series producer teased a big announcement coming Thursday morning and the return of lead dev Adamvision to the Atari Podcast. This comes via the Official Atari Discord server.

I'm guessing that they are getting ready to reveal at least the first of the next four titles... possibly all four.

Here's a link to the server for those that are interested:

https://discord.gg/Qg9uPMtX

Screenshot_20220419-200523_Discord.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So my saga of the non-working Black Widow Recharged is over.

I filed a dispute with American Express and they refunded my payment for this buggy beta test garbage.
It's been over a month with zero response from "Atari" nor has anything changed to fix this issue.  

I'm sure Atari doesn't care, but I just wanted to do the right thing and file this is a non-working/damaged item, since that's essentially what it is.  Software that you can't even play, lol.

Thank god I didn't buy the VCS console.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This glitch happened when they rolled out an update to each game about a month and a hlaf ago. They have since fixed the title screen issue on all of the recharged games weeks ago in another update for each individual game. So even if you dont own a VCS you should still be able to download the update on whatever console you are trying to play it on and it patch it. Again this has been fixed for weeks now. Its a non issue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

This glitch happened when they rolled out an update to each game about a month and a hlaf ago. They have since fixed the title screen issue on all of the recharged games weeks ago in another update for each individual game. So even if you dont own a VCS you should still be able to download the update on whatever console you are trying to play it on and it patch it. Again this has been fixed for weeks now. Its a non issue

You are wrong, sir.
I know this because I just upgraded to an Xbox Series S and downloaded a fresh install of the game, hoping that maybe my Xbox One was somehow the root cause.

It is not.
The game STILL is not updated.  Still won't start.  Same damn issue with the purple square on the title screen.

And these digital-only games -- good luck getting any response from their 'customer service'.  It's essentially non-existant.

Good riddance. 

45 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

You are wrong, sir.
I know this because I just upgraded to an Xbox Series S and downloaded a fresh install of the game, hoping that maybe my Xbox One was somehow the root cause.

It is not.
The game STILL is not updated.  Still won't start.  Same damn issue with the purple square on the title screen.

And these digital-only games -- good luck getting any response from their 'customer service'.  It's essentially non-existant.

Good riddance. 

Have you actually tried to update it since the fresh install?

Interesting that they wouldnt apply the fix for the xbox version yet.

Works great on the VCS! ?

But seriously the fix DOES exist. (The vcs version had the same exact problem on ALL of the recharged games)

Wonder why they haven't made the patch for the xbox version? Wonder if playstation and steam versions got the fix?

2 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Have you actually tried to update it since the fresh install?

Interesting that they wouldnt apply the fix for the xbox version yet.

Works great on the VCS! ?

But seriously the fix DOES exist. (The vcs version had the same exact problem on ALL of the recharged games)

Wonder why they haven't made the patch for the xbox version? Wonder if playstation and steam versions got the fix?

If there's an update, the Xbox auto-installs it. 
Far as I know, there's nothing available.
No matter either way.  This junk has been purged from my system. 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:56 PM, Leonard Smith said:

So my saga of the non-working Black Widow Recharged is over.

I filed a dispute with American Express and they refunded my payment for this buggy beta test garbage.
It's been over a month with zero response from "Atari" nor has anything changed to fix this issue.  

I'm sure Atari doesn't care, but I just wanted to do the right thing and file this is a non-working/damaged item, since that's essentially what it is.  Software that you can't even play, lol.

Thank god I didn't buy the VCS console.

Sucks you're having issues.  I'm playing Asteroids Recharged and Black Widow Recharged on an Xbox Series X and haven't had any issues.  I bought Asteroids Recharged back in like February and really enjoyed it and bought Black Widow Recharged during the recent sale for $7.  I'm really enjoying this series and have earned 100% on the Achievements for both games.  I plan to get Gravitar Recharged on day one and buy a few of the other older Recharged game when I have the time.  

The only issues I've had is with the Quick Resume feature, but that is more of an issue with the Xbox itself as many games are funky with Quick Resume.  One time my high score didn't record, so every time I fire these games up, I just reboot the game and I'm fine.  Halo Infinite is the same way and if I'm in a quick resume state for too long, I can't find an online multiplayer match and need to reboot the game to update the queue, as it doesn't get updated in Quick Resume. 

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, swingstate said:

Looks like Yar's Revenge IS the next Recharged game!

https://www.comingsoon.net/games/news/1230350-yars-recharged-announcement-trailer

Looks really cool and seems to greatly expand on the original.  Definitely Atari seems to be finding their groove (in some respects) again with the Recharged line.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I don't know if it has already been said, but Gravitar Recharged will be offered with pre-orders of the Atari 50th Celebration compilation.

I love how the press release stated that the offer was good “while supplies last.” There are only so many 1s and 0s set aside for this promotion I guess.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stirrell said:

I love how the press release stated that the offer was good “while supplies last.” There are only so many 1s and 0s set aside for this promotion I guess.

Do you think code just grows on trees?

Seriously though that's a cool offer. It's a bit of preaching to the converted in my case, as I already own Gravitar, and will buy 50th Celebration anyway, but the promo is appreciated anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 7:27 AM, RollOut said:

Do you think code just grows on trees?

Seriously though that's a cool offer. It's a bit of preaching to the converted in my case, as I already own Gravitar, and will buy 50th Celebration anyway, but the promo is appreciated anyway.

Just water the programmers 3 times daily with Mountain Dew, and your code will replicate.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...