IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:
18 hours ago, leech said:

well now I have to take everything you've ever said with a grain of salt, as Windows has been garbage for the past 20 years.  Definitely not on the level of 'just works'  Trying playing older windows games on Windows 10... Ha, year of Linux desktop came and went, just no one noticed, or keeps pushing the goal post along because they have reasons to just keep using the crap microsoft feeds them.  Hell MS even released EDGE for Linux... oh and vscode, etc...

The same could be said about you with your extreme bias against Microsoft. If you're a reasonable person, you can not like a company or product for reasons of your own and still acknowledge its value. Windows 10 is more than fine and works on everything from handhelds to desktops, touchscreen or otherwise, and is certainly the de facto standard when it comes to PC gaming. To say that Windows 10 in a blanket manner is no good without reason is just silly. Sure, it's not perfect, but then what OS ever was, is, or will be?

Thanks.  I was obviously being sarcastic, replying in jest to a silly post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Historian said:

Orders appear to be shipping from Atari.

Yeah, they have - been - shipping for a few weeks now, maybe about a month. Seems to be in the range of several public reports per day. Here's hoping they are doing a mass enough shipment to announce it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Yeah, they have - been - shipping for a few weeks now, maybe about a month. Seems to be in the range of several public reports per day. Here's hoping they are doing a mass enough shipment to announce it!

Call me strange, but why wouldn't they announce that fact now?  Seems odd that being able to send out units above and beyond the initial IGG lot would be cause for celebration, pomp, and circumstance, no?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Call me strange, but why wouldn't they announce that fact now?  Seems odd that being able to send out units above and beyond the initial IGG lot would be cause for celebration, pomp, and circumstance, no?

They haven't announced that they're going to announce it yet. So they can't announce it, until they have an announcement announcement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Asking for a friend: now that we're eight days past your NDA's expiration, when will the beans be spilled?

If this is related to something Atari general related, not VCS specific,
please discuss it in the Atari General forum, that's what that's for.

9 minutes ago, justclaws said:

If this is related to something Atari general related, not VCS specific,
please discuss it in the Atari General forum, that's what that's for.

Unless I'm misremembering something, it was quite VCS related.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Asking for a friend: now that we're eight days past your NDA's expiration, when will the beans be spilled?

Thanks for asking, I totally forgot.  I was going to PM Historian, to see if it matches what I know.

• Like 4

Has the VCS been compared to the Ouya? Another question.. Will it outsell that app player? 

I was surprised as heck to learn today that some people have this in their homes!! Most of the buyers here I never heard of on Atariage. Seems like a totally different demographic of people that new Atari has tapped. What by that I mean is the hardcore old guys with soldering guns and RF cords and tangled joystick wires are everywhere in the old school console forums. The VCS seems like someone needs to play space invaders but also something hip for their Instagram selfie. I guess It is great there are lots of choices for people to choose from.. I just do not get it. 

Is a steam deck a build your own computer? Maybe the appeal with the VCS is it is plug N play? . People do not care if you can emulate all the atari games within seconds with any modern computer and many consoles they want a dedtcated console to give them 100 games as a pack in? Has anyone given a reason for the VCS to be worth the money and what task it can do that other systems can not?   300 dollars no controller 400 a controller? Another question for 300 how would you play it?

I predict I will never see this on a store shelf. I will take a picture and post it here if I ever see one. 

Final question how many people here bought an Ouya and a VCS? ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DemonAttack82 said:

Saw exactly one at our Best Buy here in North Dakota with an Open Box sticker on it (meaning it was returned) ?

I would hate to be the poor bastard who has to sell an extended warranty on the thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, DemonAttack82 said:

Saw exactly one at our Best Buy here in North Dakota with an Open Box sticker on it (meaning it was returned) ?

Probably one of those Switch customers who just couldn't CHOOSE between them because they're both the same market, after all.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Probably one of those Switch customers who just couldn't CHOOSE between them because they're both the same market, after all.

Please let it be a mom who got mad because Netflix wouldn't work on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

The switch is a successful game machine. Kids love them.

The VCS is not anywhere close to the same market from what I understand.

No one knows what market the VCS is supposed to be in that is the confusing part for me. Unless this is marketed at a demographic of people of some sort?

Is there any videos of the VCS from someone that owns one that also likes the machine? In this said video the person does not go on about how it looks and how solid built it is. I would like to see a demo of one where someone absolutely loves their purchase and shows off some of the features. ?

4 minutes ago, Jinks said:

My wife figured out the Roku. So your saying the VCS is not user friendly and hard to navigate? 

It's the guys from Atari who designed it that seem to have a low opinion of moms.  

Atari VCS: "Yo mamma so stupid..."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, godslabrat said:

It's the guys from Atari who designed it that seem to have a low opinion of moms.  

Atari VCS: "Yo mamma so stupid..."

Oh. Nothing says tough guy like hating on the soccer moms. Must be a selling point tactic to get the guys all fired up. Maybe a studded wristband pack in would do? ?

I did find a updating of the console video but zero game play. He mentioned some game he "had to get right away"  

Does the system have a game lile halo, metroid, mario, sonic, zelda, minecraft, etc. What is the deal? I see a pack in of 100 games we all have in our closet for the last 40 years anything else of importance or value? Looks as if every time you turn it on he had to reconnect the controller? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

You're not supposed to question it. Stop being a "hater" and just consume product.

Or, translated to Amico speak, it means "it ISN'T MADE FOR YOU!"

Yo mamma like an Amico... doesn't work.

• Haha 7