IGNORED

FS: Box Protectors for Rarer and Hard to Find Consoles, Games and Accessories

Starwander

5 hours ago, smesgr said:

thanks again.

- Donkey Kong works for Centipede (C64 Cart). bit loose in depth but good enough for me and I'm rather unhappy if box has too much clearance.

- Ducktales also works for Attack of the Petscii Robots (Atari XL afaik all home computer packages uses the same box) - seems to be produced for it 🙂

AttackOfThePetscii.JPG

Centipede.JPG

Thank you for sharing. What a cool game title Attack of the PETSCII Robots! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Starwander,

is there any chance to produce protectors for those games? (in brackets my measurement maybe not super accurate :-/)

• Flight Simulator II (200x143x32 mm) should be the same size for all 8bit platform it released on
  • Wüstenschlacht (197x143x25 mm) sadly a Atari 2600 game in different size box
  • Silent Service (205x153x27 mm) afaik some Mircoprose titles used this size

thanks and as a service another pictures of your already made protector on another game :)

Qix in the Donkey Kong protector

SilentService.JPG

FS_Wüstenschlacht.JPG

Qix.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smesgr said:

Hi Starwander,

is there any chance to produce protectors for those games? (in brackets my measurement maybe not super accurate :-/)

• Flight Simulator II (200x143x32 mm) should be the same size for all 8bit platform it released on
  • Wüstenschlacht (197x143x25 mm) sadly a Atari 2600 game in different size box
  • Silent Service (205x153x27 mm) afaik some Mircoprose titles used this size

thanks and as a service another pictures of your already made protector on another game :)

Qix in the Donkey Kong protector

Greetings

I will add all these to the list to be made. Thank you for letting me know about the QIX box as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, smesgr said:

sorry for double posting. But I would inform you that the Quelle-Games like Wüstenschlacht have (now) a protector on the market. This was afaik created for (bluRay?) "Mediabooks" but fits the box perfectly.

Dont the quelle games fit in a standard 2600 game box protector?

can't say if every Quelle game has the same box dimensions. But all I own have. They are 197x143x25 while stock Atari Games are 195x140x26 at least the Atari2600/7800 protectors I have don't fit them. You could likely push them in by brute force - something I don't want to do for game boxes 30-40 years old.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:43 PM, smesgr said:

sorry for double posting. But I would inform you that the Quelle-Games like Wüstenschlacht have (now) a protector on the market. This was afaik created for (bluRay?) "Mediabooks" but fits the box perfectly.

Thank you for the update, that is great news. Trying to find a copy of Wüstenschlacht was been tough

6 hours ago, smesgr said:

can't say if every Quelle game has the same box dimensions. But all I own have. They are 197x143x25 while stock Atari Games are 195x140x26 at least the Atari2600/7800 protectors I have don't fit them. You could likely push them in by brute force - something I don't want to do for game boxes 30-40 years old.

Strange. I gave every quelle title cib and they all fit easily in the 2600 or intellivision protectors I have.

11 hours ago, stupus said:

Strange. I gave every quelle title cib and they all fit easily in the 2600 or intellivision protectors I have.

please have a look at an example of Super Breakout (Atari even through for XE) and Super Ferrari (Quelle).

Talking about too big on the otherhand... Missile Command CXL4012 with 280x218x35 would be happy to have a Protector for this beast.

SuperBreakout_SuperFerrari.JPG

MissleCommand.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adamj91 said:

Any plans to make a box protector for the early Atari 7800 box? They're slightly larger than the later release boxes 

I would love this too. I have a mint nos cib 1 I hope to keep that way :)

I also agree protectors for those huge black box 400/800 games would be VERY welcomed. Nobody has ever made them and I have been meaning to mention it as well.

13 hours ago, smesgr said:

please have a look at an example of Super Breakout (Atari even through for XE) and Super Ferrari (Quelle).

Talking about too big on the otherhand... Missile Command CXL4012 with 280x218x35 would be happy to have a Protector for this beast.

SuperBreakout_SuperFerrari.JPG

MissleCommand.JPG

Ah, I believe those quelle that are slightly taller are the ones I have in intellivision protectors.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:04 AM, smesgr said:

I can add these two the list. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, Starwander said:

I haven't heard of this particular console before thank you for sharing. I will go ahead and keep an eye out for one and added to the list.

The box dimensions for the SuperGrafx are approximately 350mm x 316mm x 128mm

Edited by WesleyrpgAust

• 1 month later...

Hi Starwander,

is there any chance of a protector of:

• Atari 800XL PAL system box. Don't know if US differs in size. The EU version with item number C024448-001/CA024447-002/C024449-001 Rev. 1 is ~435 x 390 x 95 mm
  • Atari XC12 tape box. barcode 077000702524 with the size of ~235 x 192 x 75 mm

Thanks

Edited by smesgr

On 9/27/2023 at 2:10 PM, smesgr said:

Hi Starwander,

is there any chance of a protector of:

• Atari 800XL PAL system box. Don't know if US differs in size. The EU version with item number C024448-001/CA024447-002/C024449-001 Rev. 1 is ~435 x 390 x 95 mm
  • Atari XC12 tape box. barcode 077000702524 with the size of ~235 x 192 x 75 mm

Thanks

I will add them to the list however will not now when I will get them made

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I wanted to post an update that I have some new box protectors on the way. I will post when they are ready for sale. I have the long awaited box protectors for the rare larger box variant for the Intellivision console and for the Atari 7800 Pro System. I have quite a few PC game box protectors as well. I also have quite a few non-box protector items coming as well 

Intellivision Game Console [Large Variant, 328x153x503mm]

Atari 7800 Pro System Console [Pro System Variant, 332x118x489mm]

Police Quest 1 Game Box Protector [183x32x229mm]

Police Quest 2 Game Box Protector [183x32x229mm]

King's Quest: Mask of Eternity Game Box Protector [225x48.5x266mm]

Atari 400/800 Qix Game Box Protector [196x25x268mm]

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar Game Box Protector [181x29x255mm]

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss Game Box Protector [182x46x237mm]

King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder! Game Box Protector [183x58x228mm]

Commodore 64 Frogger 2 Game Box Protector [156x33x231mm]

Commodore 64 Combots Game Box Protector [152x29x223mm]

Atari 2600 Mega Force Game Box Protector [146x29x194mm]

Sega Mark III Game Box Protector [Small Size Variant, 103x26x145mm]

Intellivision Game Box Protector [Regular Size Variant, 146x24x206mm]

• Like 2