IGNORED

Retro Fridays on VCS. Today’s release?

ColecoGamer

2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Looks like we got Circus Atari 2600 today for free! It didn't show up the way new releases normally do in the store however so you will need to search for it, thought id give everyone a heads up! The game is available in Vault 1 if i recall but this version has spinner support for the Classic joystick which I'm pretty sure the other version in the vault didn't.

Downloaded. Glad they incorporated the spinner. Thanks for the heads up.👍

IMG_2339.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

I have a theory on this one, which is that Circus was a VCS exclusive to Atari 50th when it launched, and I bet it gets released next Tuesday to the masses in the update. So, I bet they (Atari?) put Circus 2600 in the VCS Store as a result. 

If I recall Circus Atari was the “consolation” game for VCS owners on Atari 50 when they were having purchasing issues at the time. 

14 hours ago, buescherking said:

FYI It looks like there are two other new games available for the vcs today, battle rockets and a new platformer called Milli & Greg. I like platformers so I picked that one up, very cute.

Milli & Greg seems awesome. Gives me Sirlovealot vibes, which I also love. I haven't quite been able to make sense of Battle Rockets yet, but I'll give it another go with a friend (I'm a big fan of any game that has competitive multiplayer).

On 12/1/2023 at 1:04 PM, scifidude79 said:

I downloaded it earlier, and quickly realized that I have no clue what to do in that game. 🤣

You have to catch the "acrobat" on the teeter-totter, to boost the other one up to knock out the balloons in the air.   Kind of a twist on Breakout

4 hours ago, zzip said:

You have to catch the "acrobat" on the teeter-totter, to boost the other one up to knock out the balloons in the air.   Kind of a twist on Breakout

Yeah, I thought that may have been it. I was trying to use the classic controller and the twist function, but I kept missing and my acrobat died horribly several times, so I thought maybe I had it wrong.

17 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

Yeah, I thought that may have been it. I was trying to use the classic controller and the twist function, but I kept missing and my acrobat died horribly several times, so I thought maybe I had it wrong.

When you have a controller that works well, it's a fun game.   Otherwise it's just frustrating :(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zzip said:

When you have a controller that works well, it's a fun game.   Otherwise it's just frustrating :(

I figured it out. I may not have been twisting the stick, I may have been trying to move it normally, to catastrophically bad results. Instead, I played again a little while ago and figured out how to move correctly, to slightly less catastrophically bad results. 😂 I need practice, but it was definitely fun.

• Like 2