IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

59 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So this is the type of thing that is bothersome. There is zero QA. This is the equivalent of misspelling your own name on your homework.

GradedWork.thumb.jpg.0e147a93dbfd11375f36f53635f95c41.jpg

Also they should have taken the time to cut the red lines better and cut out the holes for the controller bumps. 

This does not instill hope in their edutainment games.

Being an electrician, that pic reminds me of this pic us electricians have seen for years. 

I thought this was a family console!!

576A4354-49E0-4200-B4A2-CBBA7D6BDF6D.jpeg

• Haha 11

On 3/23/2022 at 7:39 AM, mr_me said:

That loan is about the right amount to pay for the manufacturing of the founders editions, maybe more.  Paying back a loan does not mean a loss, it would essentially be paying for the components and manufacturing, i.e. a manufacturing loan.  As you pointed out there could be a long lead time plus shipping for parts orders, delaying production.

Taking a loan and using it to buy parts doesn't make the parts free.  Taking out an $810,000 loan and buying $810,000 worth of parts doesn't equal an $810,000 spend for Intellivision.  Paying back the loan absolutely is a loss.  They have to pay someone for the parts, and they also have to pay back Sudesh Aggarwal for the loan.  So, they are paying twice for the same thing.  To correct your logic, Intellivision essentially spent $1,620,000 on $810,000 worth of parts. 

Since we're talking about parts and manufacturing, it's even worse than that since the same SEC filing also stated that "Intellivision now admits that it cannot account for $1.35 million paid to Ark Electronics USA, a Chinese electronics manufacturing firm with a headquarters in California. Monday's disclosure blames the issue on a "contract dispute" without explaining further, but Intellivision indicates that the company may not be able to recover either the cash or any console-making components that Ark has already purchased."  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Downland1983 said:

Taking a loan and using it to buy parts doesn't make the parts free.  Taking out an $810,000 loan and buying $810,000 worth of parts doesn't equal an $810,000 spend for Intellivision.  Paying back the loan absolutely is a loss.  They have to pay someone for the parts, and they also have to pay back Sudesh Aggarwal for the loan.  So, they are paying twice for the same thing.  To correct your logic, Intellivision essentially spent $1,620,000 on $810,000 worth of parts. 

Since we're talking about parts and manufacturing, it's even worse than that since the same SEC filing also stated that "Intellivision now admits that it cannot account for $1.35 million paid to Ark Electronics USA, a Chinese electronics manufacturing firm with a headquarters in California. Monday's disclosure blames the issue on a "contract dispute" without explaining further, but Intellivision indicates that the company may not be able to recover either the cash or any console-making components that Ark has already purchased."  

Great business decisions. Maybe their use of numbers is as bad as their spelling and they've misplaced the decimal a few spaces? ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Downland1983 said:

No, if the company needs to spend $100 on parts per Amico and they borrow the money to buy the parts, the parts are paid for, essentially by the lender.  They pay back the lender the $100.  It doesn't cost them $200 per Amico.  The cost is $100 plus some interest or fees.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, Rev said:

I think Wolfy has a whole wall full!  

Only thing Amico I have left is a Gamestop poster, otherwise I would post box pics. Is this a rare poster now?  Im rich! Im sending it to WATA. 

image.jpg

Its not worth the paper its printed on...

But if you send to WATA... they will put a $10,000 plastic cover around it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

If they had used a Jaguar shell, the project would have been completed by now.

Interesting theory. And which it is very much in the realm of possibility, since the new Intellivision Entertainment CEO used to be in charge of business development at Coleco Chameleon.  That would of saved a ton of R&D and tooling costs. Put in a Rasberry Pi and call it a day. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Interesting theory. And which it is very much in the realm of possibility, since the new Intellivision Entertainment CEO used to be in charge of business development at Coleco Chameleon.  That would of saved a ton of R&D and tooling costs. Put in a Rasberry Pi and call it a day. 

Dare I say it, but you'd be able to play a better class of games on it if you did.

• Haha 4

On 3/18/2022 at 2:41 PM, 5-11under said:

I'm getting confused (or people are confusing me)... I'm talking about the 8 boxes, basically... background color is light blue. Have people received those, are those also in the "hopes and dreams" category?

The boxes came out, yes.  The games themselves I would perceive as still being in the "hopes and dreams" category, considering the fact that two of them were being worked on a developer that went out of business and was liquidated last year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Interesting theory.

You spelled "joke" wrong. ;) It's just a reference to the Chameleon... Both had or have many hopes and dreams, both forgetting that electronics and software is more difficult than photo editing and cutting cardboard, and both projects with way more talk than results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

You spelled "joke" wrong. ;) It's just a reference to the Chameleon... Both had or have many hopes and dreams, both forgetting that electronics and software is more difficult than photo editing and cutting cardboard, and both projects with way more talk than results.

Enough of your tom foolery!  ????

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, Rev said:

I think Wolfy has a whole wall full!  

Only thing Amico I have left is a Gamestop poster, otherwise I would post box pics. Is this a rare poster now?  Im rich! Im sending it to WATA. 

image.jpg

I just saw this post for the first time!

If I have even one of those obsolete golden tickets,I have no idea where it is now.

34 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I just saw this post for the first time!

If I have even one of those obsolete golden tickets,I have no idea where it is now.

That $25 golden ticket gift card is supposed to ship with your Amico, depending on when you preordered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omnibro said:

I'm not sure what unboxing a previously opened prototype is supposed to prove or show.

To give the idea of progress and hook an investor. Some people are excited, yet ignore that it isn't a retail unit. They also ignore they have no manufacturing going on.

But hey a box.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

To give the idea of progress and hook an investor. Some people are excited, yet ignore that it isn't a retail unit. They also ignore they have no manufacturing going on.

But hey a box.

They also like to ignore that for a system that was supposed to come out in 2020 IE still haven't completed all the pack in games.  2022 and only a couple of the pack in games have gone gold.  

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

They also like to ignore that for a system that was supposed to come out in 2020 IE still haven't completed all the pack in games.  2022 and only a couple of the pack in games have gone gold.  

Totally ready to go in 2020. Everything finished and on the launchpad. Except the backend, pack in games, and UI. Totally just need to hit the launch button.

But people have been ignoring that since the Fundable campaign too. So that isn't a surprise.

I curious if the Star Fox text has even been removed from Moon Patr considering that footage of it was shown after the dev studio was no more. The fact they also advertised a game Armor Battle/Battle Tanks/Tanks Tanks with stolen assets doesn't make me think MP has been fixed.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

But hey a box.

2 hours ago, Omnibro said:

I'm not sure what unboxing a previously opened prototype is supposed to prove or show.

Probably for European retailers, they'd be interested in seeing the European packaging.  There are investors all over the world but a lot of them are in the US.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Probably for European retailers, they'd be interested in seeing the European packaging.  There are investors all over the world but a lot of them are in the US.

Which could have been done simply by sending them a picture .... I think this video is really really weird. it sounds like a "we ain't dead yet" kind of a deal.

Remember the Karma Engine  ... 

well I remember this

and I can't believe I can use the exact same joke above on 2 retro consoles .... sum ting wong