IGNORED

A new controller SECOND BATCH AVAILABLE

tanuki

On 9/2/2023 at 5:12 AM, DiscoStu691969 said:

I hope the “list” is still being prioritized for ordering. I’ve been waiting for quite awhile for my turn to order. 

On 9/5/2023 at 2:21 AM, 4ever2600 said:

Yes can I please know when I can pay for my two controllers?  I've been on the list forever and now I hear there's some in stock for purchase??

Yes

We understand that it's a long wait, but as you may know, we've had to give up shipping by post recently, which has meant not only a lot of work to change shipping methods, but also a lot of expense and effort to reship a large number of packages that have come back to us. We gave priority to purchasers of a game or a book, whom we couldn't let wait indefinitely.

Everything is back to normal, or so we hope.

You can now buy controllers as you wish. We don't have many, but we'll be making more. On the other hand, we haven't had time to produce adapters - they'll come later.

Cancel my two controller order.  I wait a year in line to find out it turned into a 'we ditched the reserve list and anyone can just jump in front of you and order now, we only have a few in stock with no adapters but don't worry, we will be making more.' 

I dont need these anymore.  Would rather buy real INTV controllers for less than 120.00.

I understand your position, but you were 132nd on the list, you would have had to wait a long time to buy. now you can do it without waiting any longer.

Several people contacted on the list have not finalized their purchase. Rather than continue the list for the next 100 people, we might as well allow everyone to buy whenever they like.

Anyway, I've deleted your name from the list ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tanuki said:

I understand your position, but you were 132nd on the list, you would have had to wait a long time to buy. now you can do it without waiting any longer.

Several people contacted on the list have not finalized their purchase. Rather than continue the list for the next 100 people, we might as well allow everyone to buy whenever they like.

Anyway, I've deleted your name from the list ;)

It would have been nice if you had made such an announcement and changed the first post - and even changed the title of the thread.

Is he even able to change the title? My old head thinks you need special approval to do that after a certain amount of time. 

That said, and I am really not known for beeing a non criticizer, tanuki handles all this here very well. Always polite, helpful and humble. Thumbs up from me for this guy.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 8:05 PM, Ignorama said:

Is he even able to change the title? My old head thinks you need special approval to do that after a certain amount of time. 

That said, and I am really not known for beeing a non criticizer, tanuki handles all this here very well. Always polite, helpful and humble. Thumbs up from me for this guy.

Thank you.

I think we're all driven by the same desire and passion, so we might as well behave as friends.

I know that we (Côté Gamers) are far from perfect but we do our best to ensure that no one is disadvantaged and that everyone is satisfied. We've had our work cut out for us recently, but I think that's behind us now and we won't have to worry about anything else.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BuffySlayer said:

Now I just have to figure out how to set it up with mame or jzintv. Anyone know if you can use bezels with jzintv?

I am fairly sure that jzintv doesn't support bezels.

If you want to get a Raspberry Pi and setup Retropie, then I think you have bezels with jzintv - or maybe freeintv.  But I've not done that before.

There are others here that may be able to more fully answer that.

Maybe make a separate thread for this, so it gets more attention.

4 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

I am fairly sure that jzintv doesn't support bezels.

If you want to get a Raspberry Pi and setup Retropie, then I think you have bezels with jzintv - or maybe freeintv.  But I've not done that before.

There are others here that may be able to more fully answer that.

Maybe make a separate thread for this, so it gets more attention.

I'll just go with mame then as it's for an existing arcade cab. Thanks, I'll ask for help in separate thread if required 😉 

Edited by BuffySlayer
Additional information

• 2 weeks later...

How exactly do we order the controller now?  I was 128th on the list, waited patiently for what seemed like forever, and now the list no longer exists?  I could  be really upset about this, but I appreciate, and admire, your passion and talent to create such a revolutionary controller for  my favorite gaming  system.  I've waited since about 1981 for a better controller, I can wait for a little longer. 

15 hours ago, metlheart said:

How exactly do we order the controller now?  I was 128th on the list, waited patiently for what seemed like forever, and now the list no longer exists?  I could  be really upset about this, but I appreciate, and admire, your passion and talent to create such a revolutionary controller for  my favorite gaming  system.  I've waited since about 1981 for a better controller, I can wait for a little longer. 

You can go directly to the Cote Gamers website and order away!!!👍😊

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/26/2023 at 1:37 PM, kevin6569 said:

I still haven't seen mine yet either.  Hopefully they will come.  I do understand that most of the time this isn't a full time job for the people that create these or homebrew games.

Any updates? Did you ever receive the order or any communication? I was hoping to order one of these myself, I was on the original list but didn’t hear anything. 

@tanuki I did receive 1 of 2 orders.

It has been a LONG TIME.

I ordered the Intellivision adaptor to connect the new controllers as well as 2 left and 2 right controllers.

From these 2 orders, I have received only 1 left and 1 right controller.

Can I just get a refund for the 3 remaining items. I have a feeling they will never arrive. I know you had some postal issues.

Thanks.  

Anyone looking to trade a right sided disc LONG Play controller for a left side disc one? I want a right side disc one, but not interested in buying another one..... I bought one of both, but ended up getting two lefties...... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, for anyone here who owns a longplay and would like to hook one or two up to a Flashback Intellivision, I have a new product that will allow this:

NOTE: You can always buy direct from me here as well, I just share the etsy option for those who prefer going through a market.  it's $19.99 free shipping on etsy + tax.  Direct is $18 (save on fees for everyone)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1696205785/intellivision-flashback-adapter-sockets

image.thumb.jpeg.20e14b41fd4999c0196d7ae56f8e5a7e.jpeg

This if course also lets you hook original Sears and INTV II controllers up the flashback and ultimate flashback as well.  

Thanks,

Caleb

Edited by 8bitwidgets.com
  • Like 5

On 3/18/2024 at 12:51 PM, MattelAquarius said:

I could really use one of these controllers, but it sounds like the website is not (or at least no longer) reputable?

They are in fact working on a new batch soon..  (I know because I'm printing the new enclosures for them once we finalize a few enhancements)  

Cote Gamers is very reputable.  They sell a wide range of stuff and are good on their word.   Sometimes new releases take longer than projected, but they have served the INTV community for years and Patrice is a great guy.  :) 

Thanks,
Caleb

1 minute ago, 8bitwidgets.com said:

They are in fact working on a new batch soon..  (I know because I'm printing the new enclosures for them once we finalize a few enhancements)  

Cote Gamers is very reputable.  They sell a wide range of stuff and are good on their word.   Sometimes new releases take longer than projected, but they have served the INTV community for years and Patrice is a great guy.  :) 

Thanks,
Caleb

Thank you for the reply.  Just seems there are some recent posts from people complaining about items never arriving, or incorrect items, etc.

I'll keep an eye out, and hold off until the new batch is actually available.