IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Also the one game to show how the controller is the "best thing ever", Bomb Squad, isn't under development. 

Screenshot_20220709-163513.thumb.png.e76bb6725d50c4721cad488b1af7558f.png

Lag and stuttering. For a game that is practically only static images. Like I guessed they cut a part short for E3 because it quickly messed up. Code good, controller and machine bad. It was one of the few games that actually showed the controller. A majority of E3 was cell phones.

It even seems like he wasn't why it was used at all because it wasn't working right. I think it was used because a majority of it was "busted" and was needed to fill up any time they possibly could. 

One of the YouTubers said that not every console at any of those gatherings would be used for some games and not others (you can play Moon Patrol on this one but not Pool, or this one is good for Finnegan Fox but not Moon Patrol). While their firmware would fix one thing/game it probably broke another. 

There's a reason we never saw Cornhole being played in any meaningful way. Also explains why Tommy talked so much about his career at E3 and the 600 years of experience, since there was very little or nothing of actual substance to show.

Bomb Squad development didn't start until later 2020, and that video they are talking about in the comment was taken in May 2021.  The game does use the controller in more ways than other games, so it's not surprising that it found firmware bugs.  In a new console, firmware bugs get discovered while the first games are in development.  And at that time they were still working on the hardware, which could add to delays addressing these issues.  Looks like Bomb Squad was put on hold not long after that, the reason is unknown.  It's hard to talk about the Bomb Squad game, we didn't even know what the gameplay is.

Back Talk Party is another game that pushes the limits of the controller, and it's expected to be a preinstalled packin.  We know about cornhole, another packin, they had a working version going back to 2020, weren't happy with it and changed it.  People were playing the new one last November at the Boston event.  Packins have to be the first games that are ready.  And yes when you change the firmware to address one issue it can have an impact on something else.  In early 2021 we saw a bug pop up that added lag to their Shark Shark controller UI that was not present in other videos of the same thing. That's all a normal part of the development process.

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Actually saying sharing a work in progress is actually incorrect. They claimed it was done and on the launchpad since 2020. Those of us who pointed out how crowdfunding campaigns like Fundable said the console wasn't ready were basically called liars.

The Fundable listing was just an advertisement to connect the company with accredited investors, not the general public.  It wasn't a funding campaign like what they did on Republic, and Startengine which was cancelled.  It was Intellivision Entertainment that volunteered that information on those investment sites as they need to advise investors.

I think that launchpad comment was made in April 2020.  At that time they had their manufacturer set and manufacturing funding secured.  We now know that both of those things went south after that.  I remember after that they started warning that they wouldn't make their release date.  The launchpad doesn't mean you're finished, it's actually where the riskiest part of the project begins, lots can go wrong, people have died on launchpads.

Edited by mr_me

7 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I'm mostly tuned out of the Amico saga at this point but do have the 8-pack physical set and had a Founder's Edition down-payment... I've now waited 18 days for any sort of acknowledge to my request for refund of the $100 FE deposit. I opened a dispute with PayPal a few days ago after politely waiting for any sign from Intellivision for a couple weeks. Even the business entity Intellivision uses for their PayPal account (Intellivision Entertainment LLC) is no longer a registered business. They also never renewed their European Shopify store, which I believe Hans was in charge of before parting ways.

Phil explained more than a month ago that the quiet period was over but offered no confidence that they found any future investor. He stated an unspecified number of units were under production and said those would be completed within a few weeks but so far has shared no updates. The same update eventually shared on Republic to the millions of dollars of investors had comments locked so nobody could even engage in conversation.

None of this is a sign of confidence in their product nor transparency.

Their update last month said they are dramatically scaling back operations.  They obviously didn't get the investment they were looking for.  It also said the units they are producing are to be shared with partners/investors/media, not  production for customers.  And it advised that they will be slow processing deposit refund requests, but a direct response to every request would have been good.

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

1) It's hard to talk about the Bomb Squad game, we didn't even know what the gameplay is.

The Fundable listing was just an advertisement to connect the company with accredited investors, not the general public.  It wasn't a funding campaign like what they did on Republic, and Startengine which was cancelled.  It was Intellivision Entertainment that volunteered that information on those investment sites as they need to advise investors.

I think that launchpad comment was made in April 2020.  At that time they had their manufacturer set and manufacturing funding secured.  We now know that both of those things went south after that.  I remember after that they started warning that they wouldn't make their release date.  The launchpad doesn't mean you're finished, it's actually where the riskiest part of the project begins, lots can go wrong, people have died on launchpads.

1) Did you jot watch the video? It showed gameplay. You want to speculate on why it was halted. I think the more important question is why are they just showing tiny footage of things that aren't finished nor working correctly?

2) Fundable showed it wasn't finished or ready. It even showed back ins weren't ready which was needed for launch.

The comment of the launchpad is funny. Well guys we are ready to launch this rocket into space. However someone needs to get in there and add the wiring, computer system, controls, and oh some fuel. It is totally ready! ?

Being on the launchpad was a lie. Manufacturing wasn't going to happen because the games, OS, and backend wasn't finished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Their update last month said they are dramatically scaling back operations.  They obviously didn't get the investment they were looking for.  It also said the units they are producing are to be shared with partners/investors/media, not  production for customers.  And it advised that they will be slow processing deposit refund requests, but a direct response to every request would have been good.

Hey you want to start a business? I found a building that's open to rent. Yearly rent is around $200,000. All we have to do is find 6000 people and get $100 from them. We will be set for three years!

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1840-1856-Carnegie-Ave-Santa-Ana-CA/25345532/

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

1) Did you jot watch the video? It showed gameplay. You want to speculate on why it was halted. I think the more important question is why are they just showing tiny footage of things that aren't finished nor working correctly?

2) Fundable showed it wasn't finished or ready. It even showed back ins weren't ready which was needed for launch.

They've showed lots of early rough footage of other Amico games, e.g. baseball, soccer, Astrosmash, Finnegan Fox, most games probably, so that's not unusual.  Before that Bomb Squad video we knew even less about the game to be able to discuss it.  Amico Bomb Squad was started much later than other games, it wasn't expected to be part of their launch lineup.  Maybe they had to cut development budgets and focus on the launch lineup.  Back Talk Party also pushes the controller limits and they are committed to that game.

Whatever fundable said, it's from Intellivision Entertainment.  And it doesn't contradict their other messaging.  In videos last summer, the summer fundable was posted, they shared they just passed rf emmissions testing, so they were still working on hardware.  They also shared that they are working on changing Cornhole, one of the packins.  And they never shared much info about the status of the sixth packin. So this is around late summer 2021, things have changed since then.  I think it was November 2021 when they started talking about production for launch.  Even if the hardware is ready and they ordered parts for production they might be waiting on delivery for a while, time they can continue working on software.

Edit:

The CEOs job going back to 2018 was to build a company, hire key people, engineers, programmers, operations, logistics.  That's his rocketship.

Edited by mr_me

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Fundable showed it wasn't finished or ready. It even showed back ins weren't ready which was needed for launch.

The comment of the launchpad is funny. Well guys we are ready to launch this rocket into space. However someone needs to get in there and add the wiring, computer system, controls, and oh some fuel. It is totally ready! ?

Being on the launchpad was a lie. Manufacturing wasn't going to happen because the games, OS, and backend wasn't finished.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The CEOs job going back to 2018 was to build a company, hire key people, engineers, programmers, operations, logistics.  That's his rocketship.

Ah, mr_me’s explanation makes it clear.  ?

With that “we’re on the Launchpad” comment, they weren’t saying they were close to launching a product, like we all thought.  What they were really saying is  -- "we’re about to start getting started."

…which really explains so much.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Ah, mr_me’s explanation makes it clear.  ?

With that “we’re on the Launchpad” comment, they weren’t saying they were close to launching a product, like we all thought.  What they were really saying is  -- "we’re about to start getting started."

…which really explains so much.  

That's an intellectually dishonest arguement. The launchpad comes from April 2020 video not 2018. Claims of the system being done and hardware being done. All lies. 

If someone wanted to make a mental gymnastics game about how the rocletship was people then they were even bigger liars in regards to the launch date of 10/10/20. "Hey we just got the team together in April 2020!" We totally will get hardware, software, games, firmware, manufacturing figured out in two months time to hit our launch date. ?

In case people ha e selective memories. 6:50 is the fun part.

If we go by the team being the rocket, think about how super shady it was for them to take any pre-order money and supposed purchase orders. That would mean they asked for money without anything done! ?

Edited by MrBeefy
Fixing a joke innuendo "spelling"
  • Like 2

Nothing dishonest, this is what I said.

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

Talking about launchpads and rocketships is meaningless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

That's an intellectually dishonest arguement. The launchpad comes from April 2020 video not 2018. Claims of the system being done and hardware being done. All lies. 

If someone wanted to make a mental gymnastics game about how the rocletship was people then they were even bigger liars in regards to the launch date of 10/10/20. "Hey we just got the team together in April 2020!" We totally will get hardware, software, games, firmware, manufacturing figured out in two months time to hit our launch date. ?

If we go by the team being the rocket, think about how super shady it was for them to take any pre-order money and supposed purchase orders. That would mean they asked for money without anything done! ?

I know and agree.  That's why I thought it was so funny.  In trying to provide the usual sort of rationalization type of nonsense, they actually implied that the company was even more dishonest and incompetent.  Which I'm sure wasn't the intent and no big deal, really, but still funny to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I know and agree.  That's why I thought it was so funny.  In trying to provide the usual sort of rationalization type of nonsense, they actually implied that the company was even more dishonest and incompetent.  Which I'm sure wasn't the intent and no big deal, really, but still funny to me.

Same! ?

They've been dishonest quite a bit over the years. This is another funny document. Amico Fact Checker

Almost everyone knows at this point they are dishonest and incompetent. You just need eyes and simple reasoning skills for that at this point.

I'd just like to point out that the Neil Patel video Tommy did (that contained the "on the launchpad" comment) was filmed in February 2021. Just mentioning it as there have been several posts saying the launchpad comment was in 2020, but he also said it after then.

"The rocketship is built folks, and we are on the launchpad headed for the stars, we just need a liuttle more fuel to get there". He also said "the product is built". He was clearly trying to imply that they were complete and everything was ready, not that they were at the start or beginning of the project.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Same! ?

They've been dishonest quite a bit over the years. This is another funny document. Amico Fact Checker

Almost everyone knows at this point they are dishonest and incompetent. You just need eyes and simple reasoning skills for that at this point.

Not true. They never SAID they were dishonest and incompetent. If they didn't say so it's not true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

"The rocketship is built folks, and we are on the launchpad headed for the stars, we just need a liuttle more fuel to get there". He also said "the product is built". He was clearly trying to imply that they were complete and everything was ready, not that they were at the start or beginning of the project.

Where did he say the product is built. And the launchpad and rocket were mentioned after talking about the team, manufacturing, retailers.  I'm not saying they've never been misleading or dishonest, but all we are talking about here is rocketships and launchpads.  I can come up with better examples.

Edited by mr_me

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I'd just like to point out that the Neil Patel video Tommy did (that contained the "on the launchpad" comment) was filmed in February 2021. Just mentioning it as there have been several posts saying the launchpad comment was in 2020, but he also said it after then.

That investor pitch just leaves a dirty feeling after watching it. So misleading especially with the J Allard is on the team. At least the SEC looked at that one.

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

, but all we are talking about here is rocketships and launchpads.  I can come up with better examples.

You do realize that rocketship = Amico console, and launchpad = 10/10/20, 4/3/21, 4/15/21, 10/10/21, 12/31/21, 2022?

You seem to have a hard time grasping that we aren't talking about literal rockets or launchpads.

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

image.jpeg.0304a8cbb1a03dfb632f2e470a8d67d0.jpeg

Yesterday was a good day of fishing. When we have our next fish fry you can come over have a drink and discuss sharks with kid. No Shark Shark will be played.

30-year industry veteran does not mean success. In fact many of these veterans flopped when trying to make a comeback.

Lot's of:
"We are going to.."
"Vision that's going to disrupt the industry.."
"Impact is going to be greater.."
..statements.

"Here we are 40 years later with the same mission.." But nothing to show for it except a lot of internet noise.

Back in the day none of that was ever said. Those things just kinda happened through real effort and real products we could actually buy in the store. Amico is what, now, going on 3 years of solid hype and no show?

RFID & NFT isn't needed.

The notion of the family sitting around the TV playing videogames is a 1970's thing. Amico can never ever hold a candle to social media.

Amico and friends have an idea about family gaming they are trying to insert into today's market. Except the market has rejected it completely.

Retro Reimagined, riiight.. The new versions look overly busy in order to hide the lacking challenges of real retro gameplay. My eyes were hurting after that 5-second spot of the Night Stalker remake. All the effort that goes into those over-the-top graphics should go into expanding the gameplay or making a proper sequel so as not to disturb the beauty of the original. Or just simply saved, save the money spent on that extraneous fluffy-stuffy effort. Not interested multi-million dollar game productions.

Trust & Value, two important things. Except many consumers don't have much trust of any corporation today. Especially knowing all the cost-cutting things that happen and all the changes that can be made on a whim.

The rocket's on the pad, but navigation computer ain't working!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Keatah said:

The notion of the family sitting around the TV playing videogames is a 1970's thing. Amico can never ever hold a candle to social media.

Amico and friends have an idea about family gaming they are trying to insert into today's market. Except the market has rejected it completely.

Yep. Atari 8bit having paddles and 4 joysticks was one that made that possible. Been there. Done that.

Nevertheless even Nintendo has spots clearly highlighting this

Apparently they also target the campfire family as an outdoor alternative to the couch

Edited by number6
Added link
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:20 AM, MrBeefy said:

This is why Amico was going to struggle at $200+. If you want Amico style games they are littered on the eshop, but you also will have bigger games as options which Amico won't have.

That is the funniest thing about people defending the price. They would ignore that Amico styled games are all over the Switch and are often cheaper than $9.99. Also people might not like it but Switch came with two controllers too. The original ads flaunted the idea of portability and playing with your friends. Did everyone forget playing of the rooftop?

As far as games go I always thought this list is funny. Amico Similar Game List

I agree that some of the other ones were just bad. I don't dislike the footbath design. The controllers were the worst part of the design.

Exactly, they were always going to be climbing an uphill battle trying to convince people that the Amico experience was worth $249.99, let alone $339.99 for two controllers.   There was nothing shown on the Amico that you couldn't already get a similar or better experience on hardware that was actually released.   

I also still laugh at the fact that a certain CEO kept trying to convince people that these games couldn't be done on other consoles, when it was quite obvious they absolutely could. It was insulting to my intelligence given how long I've been playing games.  The disc pad is just an inferior analog stick/d-pad combo and the touchscreen wasn't used in any revolutionary way.  

9 hours ago, mr_me said:

It also said the units they are producing are to be shared with partners/investors/media, not  production for customers.

It would've been informative if they indicated exactly how many units were being produced for this test run. We don't know if they meant two or 100. We also don't know how many pilot woodgrain shells were made as indicated in December and never saw any photos of that progress either.

This dramatic scale-back in operations and staff makes it hard for me to believe they are on track to release anything at all. I'm not sure how they will afford the bill-of-materials and new production facilities, let alone completion of the firmware and software that remained incomplete even by their planned October 2021 release date.

They continue to keep hope alive including in their last message ("Our hope is that we start shipping production units this year.") But I can't find any way to imagine production units shipping within the next five months.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

It would've been informative if they indicated exactly how many units were being produced for this test run. We don't know if they meant two or 100. We also don't know how many pilot woodgrain shells were made as indicated in December and never saw any photos of that progress either.

This dramatic scale-back in operations and staff makes it hard for me to believe they are on track to release anything at all. I'm not sure how they will afford the bill-of-materials and new production facilities, let alone completion of the firmware and software that remained incomplete even by their planned October 2021 release date.

They continue to keep hope alive including in their last message ("Our hope is that we start shipping production units this year.") But I can't find any way to imagine production units shipping within the next five months.

According to a risk disclosure shared earlier this year they received a  half million dollar manufacturing loan in late 2021.  That could be enough to produce a couple thousand Amicos.  It's hard to know what's going on.  They have mentioned a contract manufacturer, and more recently a test production run. Is the contract manufacturer doing the test production run.  Has the manufacturer gone through pre-production.  They may have a small quantity of components on hand, sourced at high cost, for a small test production run.  If they ordered parts for a full production run they might still be waiting on delivery that could be many more months or longer.