IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

41 minutes ago, Pink said:

The same thing that happens to any unsold merchandise from any company 🤷‍♂️

I don't know; it seems different to me. 

A discount store, like Ollie's, might buy a bunch of unsold DVD/Blurays and sell them for a few bucks each. If those boxes didn't have any discs but instead had non-functioning download codes, I don't think that you would find too many interested discount retailers. 

I imagine that INTV will make a few more sales from people who want a keepsake (although $80-160 is pretty steep) but I still think that they'll have thousands left. 

Edited by Tommy2D

23 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

I don't know; it seems different to me. 

A discount store, like Ollie's, might buy a bunch of unsold DVD/Blurays and sell them for a few bucks each. If those boxes didn't have any discs but instead had non-functioning download codes, I don't think that you would find too many interested discount retailers. 

I imagine that INTV will make a few more sales from people who want a keepsake (although $80-160 is pretty steep) but I still think that they'll have thousands left. 

Unsold items of this type go to a landfill. Not one anyone is gonna dig up in 30 years time either. 

EDIT: Or perhaps recycle them? Melt down the plastics and break down the paper fibers for reuse in any other item possible? That would be better than a landfill at least.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Heh, a bunch of my classic critical comments about Amico on Tommy's ego thread made it in the video.  

Hey, at least Slopes apologized for lacking a critical hat for so long when it came to Amico. 

Still cant believe you were banned seemingly at TT's demand.

Especially when TT posted far worse without even a warning from the mods (and plural is intentional)

Edited by rayik
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rayik said:

Especially when TT posted far worse without even a warning from the mods (and plural is intentional)

Not only him, but others said way worse and never were even threaten to be removed.   I was removed without even a warning.  Whatever, in the end I know everything I said about the Amico ended up becoming true. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Unsold items of this type go to a landfill. Not one anyone is gonna dig up in 30 years time either. 

And remember how they were advertised and lauded to be made out of biodegradable material? For Amico games, there truly wouldn't be anything to discover after 30 years. 

I think it would be more awesome if the package started the disintegration process on your shelf. Like the product couldn't internally cope with being a fake and making itself useless even as a collectible oddity. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Not only him, but others said way worse and never were even threaten to be removed.   I was removed without even a warning.  Whatever, in the end I know everything I said about the Amico ended up becoming true. 

Yup. Actually you may have been too nice on it. They did way worse than what most of us expected them to do. They can't even get started.

Hey remember when the cool thing to do here at AA was burn Pat/CUPodcast shirts? Well looks like it it has turned around. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, rayik said:

A lot of people were randomly banned from that thread. And I do mean randomly banned.

Speaking of where is PLEASE LEAVE @godslabrat ? Who was banned in a similar waynas SegaSnatcher. I want to know how the ruse counter is going. 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 9:42 AM, number6 said:

I stand by my opinion about factual events here

I appreciate the amount of effort put into the vid. I just think if people were really interested in the company and how their actions tell the story, that much of that aspect has been overlooked. Just my opinion.

Thanks for re-linking that post, I think you're absolutely right, what they DO is a lot more important than what they SAY. We know that the nonsense that Tallarico was spewing on here was worthless, but the official filings speak with a lot more clarity than he ever could. 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:26 PM, roots.genoa said:

Also he spends way too much time on Gal Gun's collector edition and I don't even think it's relevant since I'm not sure Tommy was referring to that game in particular. Finally I confirm he goes faster on the last part, and he doesn't mention for instance the new SKU with higher price and a single controller. Or maybe I missed it? Difficult to say. 🤔

But ... fat man in a junior bra! Aren't those the kind of shenanigans that made G4 a beloved TV show for a generation of fans? 

image.thumb.png.4a106d59fd439b08b5324606b4c8018b.png

But I think you're right @roots.genoa -- it was VERY long and because of that, I don't want to see any of it again. I agree that it followed your article (excellent, even if you don't read French) and the crowdsourced timeline (https://bit.ly/AmicoTimeline) very closely. 

On 2/12/2023 at 11:29 PM, SegaSnatcher said:

Heh, a bunch of my classic critical comments about Amico on Tommy's ego thread made it in the video.  

And a lot of them DID NOT, because Slopes didn't have access to them. Remember when @jaybird3rd corrected someone when the "Tommy Fun Questions" thread hit a certain milestone? Jay bragged about there being several pages, 25 posts each, that he had hidden from view, because they broke his rules for decorum. They're lost to "gaming history" unless @Albert feels the need to open up those old wounds. 

On 2/12/2023 at 11:38 PM, rayik said:

@Tommy Tallarico hasn't seen fit to deny any of this. Maybe for legal reasons, as @number6 says? In civil court, if you plead the fifth, people can draw an adverse inference

On 2/13/2023 at 8:46 AM, MrBeefy said:

A lot of people were randomly banned from that thread. And I do mean randomly banned.

Speaking of where is PLEASE LEAVE @godslabrat ? Who was banned in a similar waynas SegaSnatcher. I want to know how the ruse counter is going. 

@godslabrat has been a longstanding member of this community, and before that, rec.games.video.classic on the old USENET boards. He made it clear in his last forum post that he didn't appreciate the way this matter was handled, so much so that he chose to leave until things change. The silence/lack of action since then speaks for itself. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

He’s a maverick! He doesn’t need rules! He’s doing things differently, shaking things up, the “gamer CEO” the Intellivision legacy deserves! I think some of the followers sincerely believed what he was saying, and thought he was the chosen one. 

It’s especially funny looking back at old Jay’s posts where he took shots at Retro VGS, Coleco Chameleon, and Atari VCS, which were just minor league versions of the Amico debacle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surely 2023 is the year Amico either releases or cancelled.  Cant see it being dragged out into 2024. 

2018-2023

Amico is already 5 years old. That is an entire video game generation. Another Guinness World Record. 

2024: Amico 2 announcement with 2019 cell phone tech.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayik said:

An example of what is in the hidden Q&A thread.  Amazing "CEO" behavior.

"If you don't like the way I'm coming across and interacting... that's fine... but it isn't going to stop... I look forward to you watching our success as well. Knowing how much it will piss you off."

It is wild that nobody at Intellivision, including anyone in the marketing and PR side, was able to corral Tommy and prevent what was essentially a public relations nightmare in every reply he made for years. Both with the insults and personal attacks and also in the continual embellishment of what the Amico was going to be. Tommy in many ways became the lore of Amico and why it was a topic of interest to so many, and it wasn't for positive reasons but more of watching the metaphoric train wreck to them.

32 minutes ago, Rev said:

Surely 2023 is the year Amico either releases or cancelled.  Cant see it being dragged out into 2024. 

Some of their loans are still maturing through Dec. 2024, it'd be great if they could be satisfied by then in some form other than bankruptcy and liquidation.

An aggregate of $1,614,000 in outstanding Subordinated Convertible Promissory Notes bearing interest at a rate of 5% per annum which mature between December 2022 and December 2024. We are also negotiating credit lines which may be secured by our assets. Our ability to make scheduled payments on or to refinance our debt obligations and to fund our planned capital expenditures and other ongoing liquidity needs depends on our future performance, which may be affected by financial, business, economic, demographic and other factors.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

It is wild that nobody at Intellivision, including anyone in the marketing and PR side, was able to corral Tommy and prevent what was essentially a public relations nightmare in every reply he made for years. Both with the insults and personal attacks and also in the continual embellishment of what the Amico was going to be. Tommy in many ways became the lore of Amico and why it was a topic of interest to so many, and it wasn't for positive reasons but more of watching the metaphoric train wreck to them.

But is it that wild? Who are these persons at Intellevision, that you can say, hey that's a well-rounded individual with great people skills and communication?

Phil Adam? Hans Ippich? Nick Richards?

If you muted Tommy, someone would have had to take his place as Jesus 2.0 and I don't think anyone else at IE would have fared any better. After all, having burnt bridges over 20 years in the industry, these are the people that were still willing to work with Tommy. I seriously doubt there would have been a better alternative amongst them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Amico is already 5 years old. That is an entire video game generation. Another Guinness World Record.

Since when does the "life" of a video game system start with its announcement? The Amico was supposed to be released on October 2020. So it's only been 2 years and a few months, which is already a lot. No need to exaggerate things. 🙂

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Wayler said:

If you muted Tommy, someone would have had to take his place as Jesus 2.0 and I don't think anyone else at IE would have fared any better. After all, having burnt bridges over 20 years in the industry, these are the people that were still willing to work with Tommy. I seriously doubt there would have been a better alternative amongst them.

Absolutely. Tommy is mostly responsible for this debacle, but is also responsible for having people interested in the product to begin with. If he hadn't made all these promises, people would indeed not be disappointed in the lackluster results, but almost nobody would have cared or even be aware about it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Absolutely. Tommy is mostly responsible for this debacle, but is also responsible for having people interested in the product to begin with. If he hadn't made all these promises, people would indeed not be disappointed in the lackluster results, but almost nobody would have cared or even be aware about it.

See his promising the moon was a huge red flag to me. I was excited about the idea of a cheap console with simple games. What he was promising was retro and random non-casual games.

The people who got excited, ignored that those promises were conflicting with the overall goal. 

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

"If you don't like the way I'm coming across and interacting... that's fine... but it isn't going to stop... I look forward to you watching our success as well. Knowing how much it will piss you off."

Some of their loans are still maturing through Dec. 2024, it'd be great if they could be satisfied by then in some form other than bankruptcy and liquidation.

Someone needs to ask Tommy when that success is coming. The past time I checked, getting sued over office equipment isn't a W for Intellivision.

People tried to warn him about his PR and such. But he wanted to Tallarico it up. It is funny to see once he lost his safe space that a wider audience now knows his antics. 

I think Amico will never officially be canceled. They have no need to cancel it. If you check out the hugbox FB group they are deluded in thinking it is still coming. Some still talk about how Tommy is going to pull it through even though he was ousted from his spot.

Why cancel it when you have idiots who ignore reality?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3