IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 2/8/2023 at 9:58 PM, mr_me said:

The company talked of modest sales expectations.

Can anyone imagine being malicious enough to say this with a straight face, in light of the evidence? Not taken out of context, dated for all to see, etc.

If someone on AtariAge asks for help about how to set up a 2600, and someone just lies and lies about how to do it in an effort to frustrate them, wouldn't you want them banned from this forum? Why is this okay?

Edited by zapzapzac
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

'Advertising' is a very generous description of what Neil Patel does for a living.

I said that's were that money went. It wasn't something Neil just did. IE partnered with them to do this. 

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

Please watch that same pitch video from 11:59 to 13:10 to where the CEO of Intellivision repeatedly compares the Amico to the Wii and speaks of the prospect of revenue sharing across comparable unit sales of Amico. Then tell us again how Tommy was only talking thousands of sales and not tens of millions.

"That system did 102 million units. It generated nearly $50 billion in revenue!"

"If there's one video game console that is a great comparable to ours, I'd say it's definitely the Nintendo Wii."

"And I mean heck, $50 billion in revenue?! Now, imagine if you could've shared revenue from the Wii launch, right? On 102 million units, would you've bought into that deal Neil? I know I would've!"

This is a great Goose video. Even Tommy mentions a 10x return in it. Tommy thought/implied this was going to be a disruptor in the industry and be as big or bigger than the Wii.

Where have all those investors gone?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

Can anyone imagine being malicious enough to say this with a straight face, in light of the evidence? Not taken out of context, dated for all to see, etc.

If someone on AtariAge asks for help about how to set up a 2600, and someone just lies and lies about how to do it in an effort to frustrate them, wouldn't you want them banned from this forum? Why is this okay?

Dude, the mute button is your friend. He is buds with Swami and Relic whose only goals was to harass people. In some cases sexually harass.

Dumb people be dumb. Just laugh at their stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

I'm not a mod or a long-time AA member, so maybe this isn't my place but: I don't see anything "ban worthy" in @mr_me's posts. If anything, he's the last person standing who's willing to even entertain contrary positions. At minimum, that gives the discussion some energy.  At this point, he only appears to argue about historical information (when did IE run out of funding? / when did it become a scam?, etc.). He's not denying that the company is effectively defunct and unable to produce consoles.  If he wants to believe that Tommy and crew were 99% honest and seek out little nuggets of information to support that premise, that seems relatively harmless.  There are plenty of folks who have access to the same public record who can quickly provide compelling counter arguments.     

I get your point about dangerous misinformation.  If someone is overtly malicious and tells people stuff like "bridge these two pins to provide a sharper image on your ColecoVision." when that would instantly fry the board; then sure: ban them.  

In this case, it just seems like you are deeply annoyed by mr_me's posts.  You could always mute his account, like @MrBeefy suggested or continue posting away.  Personally, I doubt that you'll get much traction with a ban campaign. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

I'm not a mod or a long-time AA member, so maybe this isn't my place but: I don't see anything "ban worthy" in @mr_me's posts. If anything, he's the last person standing who's willing to even entertain contrary positions. At minimum, that gives the discussion some energy.  At this point, he only appears to argue about historical information (when did IE run out of funding? / when did it become a scam?, etc.). He's not denying that the company is effectively defunct and unable to produce consoles.  If he wants to believe that Tommy and crew were 99% honest and seek out little nuggets of information to support that premise, that seems relatively harmless.  There are plenty of folks who have access to the same public record who can quickly provide compelling counter arguments.     

I get your point about dangerous misinformation.  If someone is overtly malicious and tells people stuff like "bridge these two pins to provide a sharper image on your ColecoVision." when that would instantly fry the board; then sure: ban them.  

In this case, it just seems like you are deeply annoyed by mr_me's posts.  You could always mute his account, like @MrBeefy suggested or continue posting away.  Personally, I doubt that you'll get much traction with a ban campaign. 

Actually a ban campaign is the exact thing Tommy and company did. He wanted me banned. Not sure why they had a hard on thinking I was this steampoweredinternet guy on reddit.

What is funny is that same steampoweredinternet guy actually had an AA account that was banned, but never posted in any Amico section that I remember.

There were other bans on accounts that I didn't see anything ban worthy from other than names. Names that were similar to people Swami and Relic harassed for Tommy (Jenny Davis was her name I think here on AA that shared a similar name to a YTer). She had like a squirrel with an Amico shirt or something similar. Same person is in the Amico hugbox FB group I think. I think that person was banned and all I remember about her posting here was Tommy asking her ASL.

Mrme is an idiot who probably gets off on spouting Tommy lies. Some people have weird kinks. It really is best to mute. Saying he should be banned from AA is like Tommy, and others saying I should be banned, or telling others to please leave.

Muting can be fun to figuring out context of other people's replies to that person. 🤪

• Thanks 1

So far as I can tell, the only people you could really class as investors that they managed to sucker attract were Sudesh Aggarwal and David Perry.

I'm not sure whether they were in on Tommy's ideas or just had a brain fart, but it certainly doesn't look that smart a move for them now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt_B said:

It's a video that Tommy appears in, talks at length and presumably got to contribute to and sign off on the script. Just because he got some other stooge to say the part about the Amico being comparable to the hundred million sales of the Wii doesn't let him off the hook for it.

He clearly wanted people to believe that the Amico had the potential to sell many millions of units; 5 million, 25 million, 100 million, and 3 billion are all numbers he was throwing out in order to give that impression. You can't just cherry pick the smallest number in their marketing and claim that that was the total extent of his ambition.

There's still a difference between sales potential and sales projections.  Are they going to have a $200M marketing budget like the Wii did to reach its potential, not to mention other factors that also don't compare.  If I was an investor or just a skeptic, I'd go by the smaller number.  This is all very interesting but the question was where did the talk of crushing Nintendo/Switch come from.  Is it the three billion casual gamers.  Is that the answer to the question.  If it is, that's all I needed to know.

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

"After year one, after year two... now, by year three we're gonna be selling millions of these things"

There's no doubt that the CEO was ambitious for this product and was always thinking best case scenario. That's still a lot closer to their published sales projections than crushing Nintendo/Switch numbers.  

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

Eh, you seem to be overreacting, especially on the original post I read that you've edited. There is a great forum feature you are welcome to use, it's called IGNORE. I am not saying to simply ignore a member who you disagree with or who's posts infuriate you see, I am talking about the feature where you literally put said member ignore, it's in your settings, add mr_me or anyone else who's posts you do not want to see and voila! Problem over. Your entire history here on Atariage it seems you literally live in this thread so maybe you are taking it all a little too seriously, let the mods / admins decide on what is inappropriate and deal with it accordingly, ignore him either through your own ability or through settings and move on. Nobody is banning a long standing member with thousands of posts on your behalf simply because you don't like what he is saying, unless he breaks rules or outright is abusive or offensive, he's not telling you or anyone to F*ck off right? Calm down, maybe consider exploring other threads or something I don't know. 

• Like 6

Overreacting? No. I come here a few times a week to update myself on the Amico drama. Enjoy nerdy message board discussion.

Let's get to the crux of the issue. I think that being positively associated with the Amico, in 2023, is a black mark. Your integrity is shot. Your credibility is blown. It sounds like this community disagrees with me. Frankly, it sounds like if Tommy, Phil, and Mike Kennedy came back here to ask for more money to finish the Amico-- y'all wouldn't laugh them out. "Only Sudesh got scammed last time!"

Communities removing bad faith actors, especially communities that have any sort of buy/sell/trade culture to them, is a totally normal reaction. I am having a completely sane reaction to mr_me's continued presence here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

Overreacting? No. I come here a few times a week to update myself on the Amico drama. Enjoy nerdy message board discussion.

Let's get to the crux of the issue. I think that being positively associated with the Amico, in 2023, is a black mark. Your integrity is shot. Your credibility is blown. It sounds like this community disagrees with me. Frankly, it sounds like if Tommy, Phil, and Mike Kennedy came back here to ask for more money to finish the Amico-- y'all wouldn't laugh them out. "Only Sudesh got scammed last time!"

Communities removing bad faith actors, especially communities that have any sort of buy/sell/trade culture to them, is a totally normal reaction. I am having a completely sane reaction to mr_me's continued presence here.

I think you are missing the point some. Back when Tommy was here, Tommy and everyone like Swami, mrme, relic, and everyone else in the old Ego thread would have called me a bad faith actor.

They wanted me banned. They literally tried hunting me down on the internet and doxing me. They literally complained that I was random people online enough that I had the site owner ask if I was one of those people. I even had to point out that the person, had an AA account and were permabanned. I don't think Al knew that jaybird banned said person they kept telling him I was.

Basically Tommy used AA to start a cult. There are two types of cult members left. The 1st are the ones that have finally realized their cult leader was full of shit and want to act like it never happened. Then the snd are like mrme who are so in deep can't pull their head out of Tommy's butt. They ignore a bunch of facts, SEC docs, and don't understand what the concept of lying is. Is he a moron, who was taken in by another moron? Totally, and he is so in deep he can't disapprove of child exploitation. He should be pitied more for being so weak minded that he can't see his idiocy and delusion to reality.

Does he need banned? Nah. He needs to pull his not disapproving of child exploitation head out of Tommy's anus. Huffing has always been terrible for brain cells, and you are witnessing that in him.

Put him on ignore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I find comments like that ironic considering he's old enough to be a grandpa and doesn't have one kid himself. He even put off having a family to spend all his energy into making Amico fail. He gave his 100% in making that happen. Truth is he has zero clue about anything families are looking for.

Honestly if they wanted to target families and kids they should have gone for games and apps to be used on tablets and such. Become a publisher and not a hardware company. For those of you who might not have kids or kids recently check out PBS kids app on your phone. They should have strived for something like that if their goal was to target those demographics.

I play those games with my kid quite often. But I actually have a family and know those things because I'm a parent and not some lying hack CEO.

You have a good point there. I mean, you wouldn't want someone giving you advice on how to raise your kids from someone who has never had kids themselves right? It's strange looking back on everything that the red flags were there, but I didn't see them until halfway through this scam. It's things like the Cameleon and now the Amico that will make it very difficult for people to trust someone who is trying to put together a new console that isn't a company like Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Refund update!

So free help was offered to port their Amico games to other platforms.

"For the record, this was my exact offer: "*This is a serious, genuine offer - if you are low on staff/funds, I would be happy to offer you my services for absolutely free to port an Amico game(s) to Steam, provided that revenues go 100% towards unwinding your refund queue.*"

And the eventual response: "*Are their particular titles you are interested in. My licensing deals I am* ***typically looking at 6 digits because of legal fees and bandwidth***. *Reach out again after ai get back to the states in early March.*" (after saying the same 30-day thing in January)

Also, I was completely open about making the hater games and being an outspoken critic. I even said: "*Additionally, while my personal opinion is that the console is likely a non-starter now, developers worked hard on some of your games and they deserve to be released in some form.*"

To be fair to Phil, he at least replied and initially showed some interest, and from a ruthless business perspective it is probably the safer bet to hold the IP in the hope of a bigger upfront fee than risk it on some minimal Steam sales that would only go to customer refunds. Still, it was surprising he would even bring up a fee in response to my offer. That ended the interest for me."

Even when offered free help Intellivision asks for money. They don't want to refund people or release their games. Sounds like Phil doesn't want to return to the States either. They aren't working on anything, and they don't even want free help.

They probably know their games are riddled with other people's stuff like Tanks, Moon Patrol, and Cornhole. Releasing them is probably something they don't want. They already got all the money from the suckers they could. Now time to play backgammon and enjoy being out of the country.

More ammo for idea they never planned to be the ones to release the console.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, atarifan88 said:

You have a good point there. I mean, you wouldn't want someone giving you advice on how to raise your kids from someone who has never had kids themselves right? It's strange looking back on everything that the red flags were there, but I didn't see them until halfway through this scam. It's things like the Cameleon and now the Amico that will make it very difficult for people to trust someone who is trying to put together a new console that isn't a company like Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft.

People really need to stop letting company names give them chubbies and focus on the project itself.

It seems to be something that happens with pre-NES era.

Hell people were getting chubbies at the idea of Tommy buying and trying to make a new Vectrex. He hadn't even shown any competencies in making a console period but there were people ready to throw money at the name. If this was called the Tallarico Amico instead of Intellivision Amico practically no one would have cared and it would have died in 2020 like it should have.

• Like 2

This thread is getting ugly. I'm surprised Albert hasn't locked it yet. I can respect everyone's passion for gaming, I share that same passion. I think that passion and energy should be used in a more civil manner like adults. While you may or may not agree with mr_me's post's, I myself find most of them quite boring, he has every right to post them here along with everyone else (within reason). In fact he has been one of the most civil ones discussing this topic. I'm not here to defend him, but I will defend his right to express his opinion. This is a discussion of a game console & games that are in big trouble. There are other people around the world with WAY WAY bigger problems, such as whether or not they will make it through the day. Keep that in mind. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and Happy Gaming!

Edited by Northcoastgamer
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

This thread is getting ugly. I'm surprised Albert hasn't locked it yet. I can respect everyone's passion for gaming, I share that same passion. I think that passion and energy should be used in a more civil manner like adults. While you may or may not agree with mr_me's post's, I myself find most of them quite boring, he has every right to post them here along with everyone else (within reason). In fact he has been one of the most civil ones discussing this topic. I'm not here to defend him, but I will defend his right to express his opinion. This is a discussion of a game console & games that are in big trouble. There are other people around the world with WAY WAY bigger problems, such as whether or not they will make it through the day. Keep that in mind. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and Happy Gaming!

I don't disagree, and wish you would have spoke up more when people here were encouraged to attack me and others and tried doxxing me and others for wanting to discuss a console. 

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I missed the early part of this sad saga. I don't encourage anything that would hurt you or your children nor anyone else's in any way what so ever. I get your point. Some folks here are getting side tracked. There are some great talented, knowledgeable and funny people here. Don't let this thing CONSUME you, mr_me is not the bad guy here.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

It sounds like this community disagrees with me.

I believe many totally agree with your stance on the matter. Anyone with common sense should (IMO that is). People who would go on twisting and sugar coating this Amico related BS with rose colored glasses on are not acting in any sort of positive way with any good intentions at all. Doing such things to downplay the situation or present an alternate (false) narrative if even just to be contradictory (piss people off for fun) in such a situation is absolutely wrong and shouldn't be tolerated or welcomed. At all, full stop.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I don't disagree, and wish you would have spoke up more when people here were encouraged to attack me and others and tried doxxing me and others for wanting to discuss a console. 

(I know this wasn't directed at me,  but...I had some thoughts on the subject...)

Speaking for myself,

There was a point I realized Tommy was full of it...At which point I guess I was only partially following what was going on.  I didn't realize at the time that certain things were happening to MrBeefy... or Flojomojo etc.,  and I didn't know the extent of the Amicolytes' bad behavior.  I'm glad to finally know some (more) of what was going on,  and I found out a great deal of it here in This very thread.

I wonder if there were lots of others just following along,  who had no clue about (the extent of) the bad behavior of the cultists?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

(I know this wasn't directed at me,  but...I had some thoughts on the subject...)

Speaking for myself,

There was a point I realized Tommy was full of it...At which point I guess I was only partially following what was going on.  I didn't realize at the time that certain things were happening to MrBeefy... or Flojomojo etc.,  and I didn't know the extent of the Amicolytes' bad behavior.  I'm glad to finally know some (more) of what was going on,  and I found out a great deal of it here in This very thread.

I wonder if there were lots of others just following along,  who had no clue about (the extent of) the bad behavior of the cultists?

I'm sure but it is ironic that people only seem to noticed it one way. Is it by coincidence some? Sure. But there were AA regulars who have now gone silent and would get snippy if you made an Amico post and it wasn't glowing. So there is just some random coincidence and truth to it at the same time.

I tried warning jaybird early on and pointed out how Tommy acted like he was speaking for AA. But he didn't seem to care. Now AA has bad optics for some people.

And because of that you now have things like this...

Which I disagree with. However, it does appear to outsiders, that people wanted opinions to be stopped when discussing Amico in non-Tommy terms, and now want there to be no talk when all of Tommy's talk has been shown to be BS.

For the record I don't think @Northcoastgamer is cowardly.

• Like 3

I use the bold because my eyesight is getting bad actually. Cowardly? No, but I did stay at an Holiday Inn Express last night. And for the record it's Northcoastgamer, not Northeastgamer. Seems to me someone has an anger issue that includes more than just people talking about Amico.

Edited by Northcoastgamer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4