IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

17 hours ago, mr_me said:

Don't know if theirs is a great game but according to the developer the game linked above with the same name is completely unrelated.

I’ll bet you 50 dollars that it’s the same game or a knock off, and all the hype/background was a lie.  They’ve NEVER shown the game and everything else regarding Amico has been proven false.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

And according to Tommy Tallarico, their world-changing video game console was supposed to be released on 10/10/2020, the. 4/3/21, then 10/10/2021, and is supposedly still in the works. 

it’s one thing to keep an open mind, another to keep it entirely empty. 

Screenshot_20230519_140520_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4d167c8717e85c2ccec9499ef1c8da1.jpg

15 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I’ll bet you 50 dollars that it’s the same game or a knock off, and all the hype/background was a lie.  They’ve NEVER shown the game and everything else regarding Amico has been proven false.

It should actually be different. You can read this article written by mrme's favorite game journalist!

https://www.thegeekgetaway.com/2022/04/exclusive-interview-with-intellivision.html?m=1

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, famicommander said:

I like how Tommy says their OS is a "hybrid of Android and Linux"

Android IS Linux. The term "Linux" refers to any operating system running off the Linux kernel, and Android is one among many such operating systems. It's nonsensical.

Most of what Tommy says falls under nonsensical.

Screenshot_20230519_134712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bd8a7b30f8dfe5feb9326f4edaf92f37.jpg

Screenshot_20230519_134749_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ae1c36164db1c6c9dbd79e34ff79d3f.jpg

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230519_134749_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6ae1c36164db1c6c9dbd79e34ff79d3f.jpg

That’s so funny!

I bought an Atari VCS at Microcenter. I actually went up to a shelf, grabbed VCS and two controllers, and went to a cash register and bought them. 

What is the store I can go to and come home with an Amico?

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

And according to Tommy Tallarico, their world-changing video game console was supposed to be released on 10/10/2020, the. 4/3/21, then 10/10/2021, and is supposedly still in the works. 

it’s one thing to keep an open mind, another to keep it entirely empty. 

Animated GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rayik said:

That’s so funny!

I bought an Atari VCS at Microcenter. I actually went up to a shelf, grabbed VCS and two controllers, and went to a cash register and bought them. 

What is the store I can go to and come home with an Amico?

I know! That's why it is so funny! I know people don't like to eat crow and feel dumb, but everyone should revisit that thread. It was funny how around the FEs he was talking like everything is great. Yet we now know that the investor had pulled out and they needed that money to develop their unfinished console.

44 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

Animated GIF

I heard Tommy won another award!

image0.thumb.jpg.d353cd573fe29ae9a9ead3152845b0aa.jpg

Come on Phil bring on the good news!

My Bingo card would have: Kick the can down the road, radio silence with no update, another way to get money, and someone's favorite pet goldfish died making it where they couldn't update or move things forward.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The fact that people are used to a standard doesn't necessarily mean it's good, though. Just a quick example that's dear to my heart: face buttons. People may be used to PlayStation "signs" (square, cross, etc.) but I'm sure people still get confused by A, B, X, and Y that are not in the same place on Xbox and Nintendo controllers. I know I do.

You know what could fix that?

If one console maker had the courage to put UP, LEFT, RIGHT, and DOWN on the f'n buttons instead (not a regular arrow to avoid confusion with the d-pad of course, but there are plenty of arrows to choose from)! That would make QTEs so much easier, and nobody would have to look at the controller to remember where is each button. 💡

Of course I'm not saying Intellivision Entertainment were right to try to reinvent the controller, but I personally find boring when everyone sticks to the same stupid standards for economical reasons. For instance, I'm a little mad at Nintendo for adding stick clicking on their controllers since the Wii U, given I find it atrocious.

Or just have an unlabeled on-screen diagram and indicate the ordinal position.  Many Switch games already do this due to the letters not being the same if you're playing with one Joy-Con, as you know.

Having arrows on the buttons could conflict if you also need to display D-Pad prompts.  Why not use clock numbers 6, 9, 12, 3 clockwise from bottom?

I don't know, this just seems like a solution in search of a problem to me.  If you stop and check the controls in the menu, there's going to be a full controller diagram anyway.  All we are really worried about is on-screen prompts.  It's not like it's hard to convey that information in a way that isn't confusing if the graphics people take the time to do that.  Seems to me that would be a hell of a lot easier than substantially changing a standard that millions and millions of people have gotten used to over decades.

There is such a thing a Good Enough.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I also want to acknowledge the influence of online critics and regulatory hurdles that we have faced. While constructive criticism can be valuable for growth, our project encountered an unusually high level of negative attention and scrutiny. This, combined with regulatory complexities and shifting legal requirements, has created additional obstacles that have hampered our progress.

Shut up.  This isn't real.

This dude's seriously going to try and blame this on the haterz?  Is that why you had so many refunds to process?  Not because you're three years behind on your launch date?  Not because you've provided no details about your revised timetable and routinely go months on end with no substantive updates?  Not because you had to disclose you have no money?  Not because you made a fake unboxing video designed to mislead people into thinking the system was in production?   Not because you sold absurdly overpriced trading cards tied to games that don't exist, for a console that doesn't exist, and lied about supplies to try and make them seem more collectible?  Not because the tech is even more out-of-date than it was three years ago but the price of the machine has tripled?  Not because there's been absolutely no progress shown on half the games that were supposedly done?  Not because your former CEO went around half the internet to say X Y and Z game was "being worked on right now" when it's clear that was all total bullshit?  Not because your "deep dive" videos revealed how ugly and shallow your games were?  Not because... you get the idea.

The chutzpah on this guy.  Regulatory hurdles.  Turns out it's technically illegal to fill a bunch of people full of shit in order to convince them to give you money that you have no ability to produce a product or ROI on.   What a country.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

What the what the what? So much to unpack... .

14 minutes ago, MrTrust said:

Shut up.  This isn't real.

This dude's seriously going to try and blame this on the haterz?  Is that why you had so many refunds to process?  Not because you're three years behind on your launch date?  Not because you've provided no details about your revised timetable and routinely go months on end with no substantive updates?  Not because you had to disclose you have no money?  Not because you made a fake unboxing video designed to mislead people into thinking the system was in production?   Not because you sold absurdly overpriced trading cards tied to games that don't exist, for a console that doesn't exist, and lied about supplies to try and make them seem more collectible?  Not because the tech is even more out-of-date than it was three years ago but the price of the machine has tripled?  Not because there's been absolutely no progress shown on half the games that were supposedly done?  Not because your former CEO went around half the internet to say X Y and Z game was "being worked on right now" when it's clear that was all total bullshit?  Not because your "deep dive" videos revealed how ugly and shallow your games were?  Not because... you get the idea.

The chutzpah on this guy.  Regulatory hurdles.  Turns out it's technically illegal to fill a bunch of people full of shit in order to convince them to give you money that you have no ability to produce a product or ROI on.   What a country.

You're right it isn't real, but sure sounds like something he/they would say.

I just showed my ability to be CEO of IE!

COME ON PHIL! Do you need to now take a vacation to Sweden to get in the right mindset to finish that email and hit send? Hell I got one ready made for you. Knowing the way IE is you would take it and change the first line to this was a hard email to write....

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I know! That's why it is so funny! I know people don't like to eat crow and feel dumb, but everyone should revisit that thread. It was funny how around the FEs he was talking like everything is great. Yet we now know that the investor had pulled out and they needed that money to develop their unfinished console.

We knew a couple of years ago from a CFO interview that they lost some VC investors as the pandemic was starting and had to adapt.  In 2019 they were talking about total budgets around $20 million.  The founders edition deposits only brought in $260k.  The board members loaned the company many times that amount to keep the company going until the Republic/Fig investments closed.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

We knew a couple of years ago from a CFO interview that they lost some VC investors as the pandemic was starting and had to adapt.  In 2019 they were talking about total budgets around $20 million.  The founders edition deposits only brought in $260k.  The board members loaned the company many times that amount to keep the company going until the Republic/Fig investments closed.

The statement you provided suggests that the board members of a company provided loans to keep the company operational until investments from Republic and Fig closed. It appears that the company was facing financial difficulties and needed additional funds to continue its operations.

Without specific details about the financial health, industry, market conditions, and other relevant factors of the company in question, it is difficult to provide a definitive answer. Whether a company would succeed or fail without additional funds depends on various factors, such as the amount of debt, cash flow, profitability, competitive landscape, and the ability to generate revenue.

However, it is worth noting that additional funds can provide financial stability and flexibility to a company, allowing it to invest in growth, meet its obligations, and weather economic challenges. Lack of funds can hinder operations, limit expansion opportunities, and potentially lead to insolvency or closure, especially if the company is already struggling financially.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230519_140520_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4d167c8717e85c2ccec9499ef1c8da1.jpg

It should actually be different. You can read this article written by mrme's favorite game journalist!

https://www.thegeekgetaway.com/2022/04/exclusive-interview-with-intellivision.html?m=1

Have you been to the “developer’s” website? Sketchy as hell.  It looks like TT summoned it from a chatbot.

https://www.pxlpug.com

I don’t think this game exists. Or they stole the 2012 game and changed some colors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

regulatory hurdles that we have faced

What regulatory hurdles? Could that mean certification by a certain governing body? But I was told repeatedly that can be considered basically done at this point! GASP

So the update was:

We don't have an update.

Something something keep banging the COVID drum.

HAAAAATERS are MEEEEAN (and we also don't have FCC certs).

We'll get you an update when we update you on the status of upcoming updates.

Thanks, off to Sweden, bye!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Doesn't matter if it was only $260k or 20000000000000000000000, and it doesn't matter if it there were other loans, it was still used to crowdfund the console. You are going to have to accept reality. Or continue to be a deluded idiot. Good news for you it's a choice.

At least I think it is for you.

Hey how are those FCC certs coming along?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You're right it isn't real, but sure sounds like something he/they would say.

I just showed my ability to be CEO of IE!

COME ON PHIL! Do you need to now take a vacation to Sweden to get in the right mindset to finish that email and hit send? Hell I got one ready made for you. Knowing the way IE is you would take it and change the first line to this was a hard email to write....

So I'm quoting myself to make sure people see I made the update.

However, after reading this from SmashJT it might as well have been from him.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230520134959/https://www.smashjt.com/post/here-s-everything-phil-promised-me-about-intellivision-amico-s-manufactured-consoles

Phil cried to Smash about people being critical of his involvement with Chameleon.

These men are the biggest babies who seem to have been lucky to survived life for as long as they have. They have no grit, in addition to having no integrity. They should stay in their world where inadequacies are celebrated, and buy themselves fake awards to feel like they matter. Or maybe Phil should just give it up and retire to Sweden full time with his wife. 

It is obvious he is just phoning it in and has no ability to lead, or get the project off the ground. You whored out your dignity Phil. Accept it and do the respectable thing. Deliver, or step down admitting you can't. Maybe you could walk away with a little something that way. I have more respect for someone who failed and can admit it and move on from it. All you, Tommy, and crew have shown is the inability to be truthful, hardworking, competent, and respectful to your customers.

Do the right thing. Refund all outstanding preorders, or put the hopeful out of their misery and say you can't and you tried.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Doesn't matter if it was only $260k or 20000000000000000000000, and it doesn't matter if it there were other loans, it was still used to crowdfund the console. You are going to have to accept reality. Or continue to be a deluded idiot. Good news for you it's a choice.

At least I think it is for you.

Hey how are those FCC certs coming along?

My comment didn't say it wasn't part of funding.  I'm just pointing out that board members were putting in even more money when the company needed it.  Still if you compare $500k in customer deposits with $17M raised, it represents about 3%.  

Regarding those certifications status, there's someone here that checks the website regularly, they should know.  However,  they don't need certifications unless they go to manufacturing, and manufacturing seems to have been on hold indefinitely.

Edited by mr_me

50 minutes ago, mr_me said:

My comment didn't say it wasn't part of funding.  I'm just pointing out that board members were putting in even more money when the company needed it.  Still if you compare $500k in customer deposits with $17M raised, it represents about 3%.  

Regarding those certifications status, there's someone here that checks the website regularly, they should know.  However,  they don't need certifications unless they go to manufacturing, and manufacturing seems to have been on hold indefinitely.

Yes, in the United States, a technology company may need to obtain Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certifications in order to manufacture certain electronic products or devices. The FCC regulates various aspects of the communications industry in the U.S., including radio frequency (RF) emissions, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), and telecommunications equipment.

If a technology company intends to manufacture electronic devices that emit RF energy or use the radio spectrum, such as Wi-Fi routers, Bluetooth devices, cell phones, or wireless communication devices, they typically need to comply with FCC regulations. This includes obtaining certifications for compliance with the FCC's technical standards and requirements.

The FCC certification process involves testing the device's emissions, ensuring compliance with specific technical standards, and providing documentation and labeling to demonstrate conformity. The purpose of these certifications is to ensure that the devices do not interfere with other electronic equipment or the public airwaves and meet the necessary safety standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Yes, in the United States, a technology company may need to obtain Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certifications in order to manufacture certain electronic products or devices. The FCC regulates various aspects of the communications industry in the U.S., including radio frequency (RF) emissions, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), and telecommunications equipment.

If a technology company intends to manufacture electronic devices that emit RF energy or use the radio spectrum, such as Wi-Fi routers, Bluetooth devices, cell phones, or wireless communication devices, they typically need to comply with FCC regulations. This includes obtaining certifications for compliance with the FCC's technical standards and requirements.

The FCC certification process involves testing the device's emissions, ensuring compliance with specific technical standards, and providing documentation and labeling to demonstrate conformity. The purpose of these certifications is to ensure that the devices do not interfere with other electronic equipment or the public airwaves and meet the necessary safety standards.

DID YOU KNOW THEY DONT NEED THEM BUT CAN GET THEM BECSUSE THE UNICORN SHITTING OUT A RAINBOW TOLD ME SO!

image.png.05f818f5594bf5172c83856c29fd9799.png

Oh I see the problem with where he gets his information now.