IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

12 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Your back and forth with Francois at the Amico facebook group is very entertaining.  

The way he tried to spin this around as something incredibly positive and then brining up people who clearly are no longer actively working on the project was amusing. 

I genuinely wonder if the guy has issues. I don't want to "pick on" anyone who's unable to properly defend themselves in a normal and ultimately frivolous online discussion/debate. He literally felt the need to post a video praising that announcement as if it's something wholly positive and that anyone who disagrees is a hater. And then bringing up the resumes of the people involved. I'm still blown away that anyone is bothering to praise Tommy's bona fides, but he's certainly not alone. It's the weirdest cult of personality ever.

• Like 8

All I can think is that some people just don't get the sunk cost fallacy.

In all seriousness, letting go of the hardware, porting the software to other platforms and exploring new ideas is clearly the right thing for Intellivision to be doing. It's just that it's been the right thing for at least a couple of years and they weren't doing it, while burning money and promising people a console was all but ready to launch.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I genuinely wonder if the guy has issues. I don't want to "pick on" anyone who's unable to properly defend themselves in a normal and ultimately frivolous online discussion/debate. He literally felt the need to post a video praising that announcement as if it's something wholly positive and that anyone who disagrees is a hater. And then bringing up the resumes of the people involved. I'm still blown away that anyone is bothering to praise Tommy's bona fides, but he's certainly not alone. It's the weirdest cult of personality ever.

I always imagine the crowd praising Tommy in the voice of Teddy from Bob's Burgers.  It just fits too well.  "Hey Tommie!  You still got that sweet Lamborghini eh?  "  I don't understand it either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I honestly can't tell if Francois is doing some kind of long-form performance piece or if he just has extraordinarily bad judgement and/or "other issues". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But wait there's more!!!!

Screenshot_20230523_174409_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e2a5e3a8d633c2a746fb20130e0253d6.jpg

Shark Shark! No Amico Homer Car controller needed.

Screenshot_20230523_180325_YouTube.thumb.jpg.62565145e36bd1921bdab0112c7755a7.jpg

Cross platform play!

Screenshot_20230523_180539_YouTube.thumb.jpg.cbdf3d5d97c596bfb9241598e6c679c0.jpg

Astrosmash has cross platform play too! OMG THE LEGENDARY TOMMY TALLARICO DID THE MUSIC FOR ASTROSMASH TOO?!?!?!

On second though they better double check that...

Screenshot_20230523_180838_YouTube.thumb.jpg.374bd0e7bda0e1914ff1aca323e66224.jpg

Screenshot_20230523_180952_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c66fdffd27d2ec6c590ad6363c4e3570.jpg

If I read things correctly, Shark Shark and Astrosmash are no longer Intellivision properties.

@Rev Now may be your time to make an offer for Night Stalker!

• Like 1

Going back to the June 2022 update:

3. We have another partnership deal that will ensure that 2 of our most anticipated IPs will be available across multiple platforms as well as Amico. The details of that relationship will be announced at a later time. The target for these IPs is simultaneously (or later) with the Amico release.

Can we conclude that this was referencing Shark! Shark! and Astrosmash? Are those IPs really worth 6-7 figures? (No.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Cross platform play!

Astrosmash has cross platform play too! OMG THE LEGENDARY TOMMY TALLARICO DID THE MUSIC FOR ASTROSMASH TOO?!?!?!

If I read things correctly, Shark Shark and Astrosmash are no longer Intellivision properties.

"Amico games can not be properly played on other systems! It's simply not possible with how the games interact with the Amico system/controller."

Things that aged like milk for $1000, Alex.

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230523_174409_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e2a5e3a8d633c2a746fb20130e0253d6.jpg

That controller looks like the venerable Logitech F710.

You know something's a good design when it first debuted in 2010 and, not only are they still making them, but they'll also work with pretty much any modern PC game that has controller support!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

"Amico games can not be properly played on other systems! It's simply not possible with how the games interact with the Amico system/controller."

Things that aged like milk for $1000, Alex.

PLEASE LEAVE this is a positivity only zone where you only accept that Amico is needed. We aren't here to debate the need of a console!!!!! Just accept it is needed. Now that will be $1000. Thank you and bugger off.

:D

• Haha 4

I'm sure that the Amico versions will still have exclusive features though.

For starters, there's the feature of having a useless cardboard box on the shelf for a game you can't play. You're not going to get that with the Steam version, are you? 😀

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeppers. So much for licensing their IP's and acquiring new ones as just mentioned in that "update" ! Those broke ass fools are selling them off. What a joke.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Yeppers. So much for licensing their IP's and acquiring new ones as just mentioned in that "update" ! Those broke ass fools are selling them off. What a joke.

Yup that Evercade cartridge may be the last time you see those OG Intv titles together.

20230523_203945_0000.thumb.png.2e7a297b06f20ec7ef4a1d4b14c56b65.png

Congratulations @Tommy Tallarico you effectively killed Intellivision! Is that what winning looks like? It is a carcass they are casting lots for what's left.

And people thought I was a hater! 🤣

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 2

We knew the consoles weren't magically on their way. We known they've been out of money for quite some time. They're making the only move they had left.

This has been like a long drawn out game of monopoly. They started with a bunch of money but spent all of it buying properties office space all over the world and dreaming of building hotels conquering Nintendo. However a few setbacks (certs, buggy software) prevented them from even passing Go! selling systems and games and collecting more money. In the meantime they started landing on other properties paying salaries and bills and had to pay rent pay rent and ran out of money. We've seen them go broke and mortgage all their properties announce that games wouldn't be exclusive. All they have left now is to sell them back to the bank sell their IP and get out of the game. 

You can't buy Boardwalk (or in this case Baltic Ave) even if you land on it and it isn't owned if you don't have the cash. They couldn't set a date for a console release but haven't given up just like the Monopoly player because who knows, you could get lucky and circle around the board a few times without hitting opponents' spaces hoping to pass Go! enough times to unmortgage a couple of pieces then hoping that you can collect a few rents to make a magical comeback. Lots of time you just end up sitting in jail hoping that you don't roll doubles and get tossed back out on the means streets. I'm hoping they didn't use crowdfunding to pay themselves back for loans they made to the company or the sitting in jail part could get a little too real.

• Like 2

On the other hand, I'm the only person I know so far that likes what I saw from Shark! Shark!. I think often times, updated games are overengineered and lose some of the fun. I like what they did. The graphics are updated but not overdone, they have varied backgrounds and multiple types of sharks. They've added some new enemies like the electric eel and changed from being solely points based to giving you a goal to end the stage and reach the next one. Looks fun and I'll bet it's a blast with multiple players and the ability to eat each other. I would have definitely purchased it for the Amico to play on a big screen. 

2 minutes ago, cvga said:

On the other hand, I'm the only person I know so far that likes what I saw from Shark! Shark!. I think often times, updated games are overengineered and lose some of the fun. I like what they did. The graphics are updated but not overdone, they have varied backgrounds and multiple types of sharks. They've added some new enemies like the electric eel and changed from being solely points based to giving you a goal to end the stage and reach the next one. Looks fun and I'll bet it's a blast with multiple players and the ability to eat each other. I would have definitely purchased it for the Amico to play on a big screen. 

Well tomorrow you should be able to get Slopes review of it amd see if he agrees. He has played through it all and I'm guessing it was BGG that gave it to him. I'm really curious as to what platform he played it on.

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230523_180325_YouTube.thumb.jpg.62565145e36bd1921bdab0112c7755a7.jpg

Cross platform play!

Screenshot_20230523_180539_YouTube.thumb.jpg.cbdf3d5d97c596bfb9241598e6c679c0.jpg

Screenshot_20230523_180838_YouTube.thumb.jpg.374bd0e7bda0e1914ff1aca323e66224.jpg

Screenshot_20230523_180952_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c66fdffd27d2ec6c590ad6363c4e3570.jpg

No need, a clone of Night Stalker would be easy to make. A quick renaming is all thats needed:

Cave Shiller

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cvga said:

I'm hoping they didn't use crowdfunding to pay themselves back for loans they made to the company or the sitting in jail part could get a little too real.

According to the SEC declaration for the StartEngine campaign, that's already happened. Tommy and Nick partially paid back loans that they'd made to the company and they almost certainly used the crowdfunding money for this.

I don't think this is illegal, but it certainly betrays their lack of confidence and commitment toward the stated goal of releasing the console.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Yeah, François is one of the shills that make us often question if they're not hilarious trolls in disguise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Well tomorrow you should be able to get Slopes review of it amd see if he agrees. He has played through it all and I'm guessing it was BGG that gave it to him. I'm really curious as to what platform he played it on.

Something tells me he's going to praise it.

• Like 3