IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

17 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

"Amico games can not be properly played on other systems! It's simply not possible with how the games interact with the Amico system/controller."

Things that aged like milk for $1000, Alex.

That or this clip.

21 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I believe it falls under fraud as well considering Tommy promised they were 100% refundable at anytime.

The money is going towards Phil's trips to Sweden or his wife's trips to America. Only way they aren't is if he isn't pulling a check for his work.

I'm not a lawyer, but I know there are different flavors of fraud out there. Maybe @Cebus Capucinis can expound on this idea. 

Vanilla: "The deposits are 100% refundable" is a promise between the seller, in this case @Tommy Tallarico, who probably really wanted it to be true, and the people he convinced to place preorders. Seems to me that kind of dispute could be handled by the the seller and the person who had their money taken. If not, maybe Federal Trade Commission could be involved, especially since it was probably promised over state lines? 

Chocolate: The Republic claims of "up to 10X returns" are regulated by SEC, but under the terms of the investment, all those $1000 donors were given plenty of warning and notice about how small businesses can and do fail all the time, that nothing is guaranteed, and that they shouldn't play this market if they can't afford to lose everything they put in. The Republic terms of service even go so far as to say they have no idea if their partners (Intellivision in our case) are committing fraud once they're in the program. 

I think Intellivision Entertainment made false claims about their retail pre-orders, which were probably aspirational at best. 

image.thumb.jpeg.784a95d0ac3599d61f15c0a1307f3e49.jpeg

Strawberry: I can think of a great many dirty rotten things that Intellivision Amico did, but one thing I haven't seen anyone talk about is the way @Tommy Tallarico tried to use the SEC as a shield. A friend pointed this out to me a while back, Check this out. 

Tommy: 

There is no one offering special deals on the Republic opportunity. The Republic/Fig campaign (Republic purchased Fig last year) is regulated by the SEC and took us over 6 months to jump through many important hoops in order to get our SEC approval. If there was in any way, shape or form anything "sketchy" or "scammy" going on... the SEC would have saw it and never have approved it or would shut it down immediately. That is their job. To protect folks. So in regards to the SEC regulated Republic investment opportunity, there are no special deals given to anyone. Everyone is treated the exact same.

This isn't really true. They don't audit the company, they don't go to your offices and try out your prototypes. From what I understand, they just check your disclosures have the right language and you filled the forms out correctly. That's nothing against the SEC, but Tommy's making it sound like they actively approve of their company and product.

When some crypto bro said something similar, the former SEC commissioner tweeted that it could be a criminal offense. TL;DR the SEC doesn't vouch for your company or your product. You could be selling rotten eggs. They're just affirming that you filled out the paperwork properly. 

@Tommy Tallarico did something similar a few years ago on this site. The posts have been hidden but others have helpfully backed them up. He tried to bully Pat Contri and Ian Ferguson from having an opinion about his dream machine, implying that SEC enforcers were going to protect him from free speech or something. Tommy really wanted everyone to think he was a big deal, and probably made things more complicated for the company as a result. He was behaving like a dirtbag back then, enjoyed the protections he received, and now he's hiding from the consequences of his actions, counting the money he stole. 

image.thumb.png.4740c93ffbf791ef9eb76f1bf920a19a.png

Like with their well-publicized lie about J Allard serving as the "Global Managing Director," it probably comes down to whether the Republic investors were influenced to buy profit shares of this company based on these statements. Maybe one at a time, they don't amount to much, but if you put them all together, it looks like a pattern of abuse to me. Looking back at @Tommy Tallarico's past statements, knowing what we know now, it's easy to tell where he knew he was lying at the time. 

But hey, maybe if you repeat a lie often enough, it comes true? Is that how THE SECRET works, too?

image.thumb.png.9be3c9cc499e9241eba86b1b65e54149.png

• Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, number6 said:

Interesting how information makes the rounds, in this case what I posted made it to the club?

btw-the last line is not mine and not correct

Do you know that for a fact? It seems foolish of Intellivision Entertainment to sell off the family silver without retaining the right to use it on Amico and potential other future consoles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, number6 said:

Interesting how information makes the rounds, in this case what I posted made it to the club?

btw-the last line is not mine and not correct

I based my statement off of their press release: https://bbg-entertainment.com/bbg-unveils-legendary-classics-for-modern-consoles/

"Under this new ownership arrangement, Intellivision® Entertainment, LLC will retain any preexisting activations of the original versions of ASTROSMASH® and SHARK! SHARK!™ as well as any versions for future platforms from Intellivision®."

It's amazing that Tommy didn't do the music for Astrosmash. I thought Intellivision and Amico was his big passion project? Yet... instead of actually making music for it, which you would think the big video game composing legend who's "worked on over 300 games!", he just went and stuck some tracks he found online 😄 Not only that, then went around telling everyone that he was doing the music.

Truly the most Tommy thing that could have happened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Do you know that for a fact? It seems foolish of Intellivision Entertainment to sell off the family silver without retaining the right to use it on Amico and potential other future consoles. 

The last line iin the club posting is more a question right? There are not 3 different owners. That's all I meant by my response.

I doubt we'll see a response in the thread, but hope remains high, right? 

Edited by number6
spelling

Just now, number6 said:

The last line iin the club posting s more a question right? There are not 3 different owners. That's all I meant by my response.

I doubt we'll see a response in the thread, but hope remains high, right? 

What I meant was, basically for Astrosmash (and Astroblast - which is the same game, of course, just for Atari 2600), three different entities claim some portion of the rights and implied usage. Atari can use Astroblast, which is Astrosmash in all but name, Intellivision Entertainment can keep any pre-existing revenue streams for contracts in place and also use the game on the Amico or whatever other console they release in the future, and BBG for current and future usage of any type. It struck me as odd, that's all. We could literally see a minimum of three different Astrosmash games from three different publishers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

What I meant was, basically for Astrosmash (and Astroblast - which is the same game, of course, just for Atari 2600), three different entities claim some portion of the rights and implied usage. Atari can use Astroblast, which is Astrosmash in all but name, Intellivision Entertainment can keep any pre-existing revenue streams for contracts in place and also use the game on the Amico or whatever other console they release in the future, and BBG for current and future usage of any type. It struck me as odd, that's all. We could literally see a minimum of three different Astrosmash games from three different publishers.

Thanks for your explanation. I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

I'm not a lawyer, but I know there are different flavors of fraud out there. Maybe @Cebus Capucinis can expound on this idea. 

it would be breach of contract if you could prove there is an actual contract. The 100% refundable statements could be used for punitive damages purposes. 

But in reality nobody is suing for $100. Also there is not going to be any class action as the potential recovery and ability to collect is not worth any lawyers time. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rayik said:

it would be breach of contract if you could prove there is an actual contract. The 100% refundable statements could be used for punitive damages purposes. 

But in reality nobody is suing for $100. Also there is not going to be any class action as the potential recovery and ability to collect is not worth any lawyers time. 

I agree, and of the 3 flavors of fraud, that seems like the most harmless -- especially to all the members of the donor class who were strutting around saying "I guess if losing $100 is a big deal to you, you must not be a big deal like me and my close personal friend @Tommy Tallarico"

Do you think the Amico fraud flavors should actually be spumoni, given the way Mr. Tallarico liked to flex his Italian heritage?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, number6 said:

Thanks for your explanation. I agree.

Actually since the exact quote is 

any versions for future platforms from Intellivision®.

You could have further versions and therefore more than 3 total. "Any" means "Any" imo. heh.

Just another obvious thought. If both have this option to use/retool then both must have the source code. No?

In other words, if IE doesn't have the source code, how would they produce any new version without starting from scratch?

Edited by number6
Added reference

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

It's amazing that Tommy didn't do the music for Astrosmash. I thought Intellivision and Amico was his big passion project? Yet... instead of actually making music for it, which you would think the big video game composing legend who's "worked on over 300 games!", he just went and stuck some tracks he found online 😄 Not only that, then went around telling everyone that he was doing the music.

I saw something about people identifying tracks, in Astrosmash.  Were the recordings open source or was he brazen enough to "borrow" music protected by copyright? 

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

I saw something about people identifying tracks, in Astrosmash.  Were the recordings open source or was he brazen enough to "borrow" music protected by copyright? 

The video about it posted on the previous page shows that some of them are stock tracks, but one of them looks like it's an actual copyrighted track.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

If I was paranoid, I would start to wonder if Tommy actually wrote any music in his life. 🙂

Also I think I now know why the update was delayed that much... Phil was probably expecting Embracer would buy Intellivision Entertainment for 2 billions:

https://kotaku.com/embracer-microsoft-sony-game-pass-tomb-raider-netflix-1850471167

Just now, Creamhoven said:

Is it true that the Amico is going to be a mobile app?

It's unclear at this point. All we really know is that they're going to try some merch and publishing some games on various platforms to generate revenue (good luck!). We have to see specifically what they ultimately mean beyond the public statement by "Amico Home" and "Amico Club."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The video about it posted on the previous page shows that some of them are stock tracks, but one of them looks like it's an actual copyrighted track.

I found the Goose video, in the thread. 

I'm extremely skeptical whenever anyone boasts about being some kind of polymath / master-of-all-trades.  On average, it seems like most of those people are exaggerating or outright lying. 

There are exceptions. Mike Judge wrote, voiced, animated and created the music for his early work.  On top of that, he earned a degree in physics and worked as some kind of technical engineer. Not everyone is going to be multi-talented, to that degree, and that's okay. (insert Stuart Smalley GIF). 

Before all of the Amico nonsense, Tommy seemed to be relatively well-liked in some corners of the video-game industry.  I'd be genuinely curious to know what strengths he had as music/sound FX producer.  Maybe he was good at understanding what people wanted and turning that into reality, even if he mostly directed other people to do the technical work?

Part of me is a little bored with the Tommy T. bashing, since I feel like it's all be covered.  Still, finding out that he "acquired" the music that he went out of his way to brag about creating...yeeeeeeeessssssh. (Ooof is getting played out ;) . ). 

Edited by Tommy2D

7 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

It's unclear at this point. All we really know is that they're going to try some merch and publishing some games on various platforms to generate revenue (good luck!). We have to see specifically what they ultimately mean beyond the public statement by "Amico Home" and "Amico Club."

Okay, let's wait and see. They could sell a multiplatform Earthworm Jim game, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Creamhoven said:

Okay, let's wait and see. They could sell a multiplatform Earthworm Jim game, I'm sure.

Funny. Despite what they showed years ago, they don't have the Earthworm Jim ownership or license and certainly don't have an Earthworm Jim game in development. They really have very little of notable value left in their holdings, so it's going to be a very tough road. They already licensed out or sold off the good stuff.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Creamhoven said:

If you're saying an Earthworm Jim game would sell,...Hell Yeah!

If you think THEY could do one...Hehehahhahahaa I mean hahahhahaha..they hehehhahaaa   a(heh) HAAA!)  They wouldn't know the Heayeeaahhh  hahhaah  first thing about...HAAAAAaaaaa!   Actually  HEhehahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Funny. Despite what they showed years ago, they don't have the Earthworm Jim ownership or license and certainly don't have an Earthworm Jim game in development. They really have very little of notable value left in their holdings, so it's going to be a very tough road. They already licensed out or sold off the good stuff.

This doesn't sound good. If it is offical that the Amico is abandoned, will Tommy Tallarico ever recover?