IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm seriously asking, what is the holdup on them releasing the Amico Home app? Their UI was always a basic android apk. The games are supposedly done.

It doesn't even require them get those FCC certs which have been so elusive!!!

Unless they don't want to release it of course.

I think the answer was laid out in that lengthy fundraising document 18 months ago: they ran out of money and talent ages ago.

Maybe that BBG deal (discussed in another thread) will have better results. 

If nothing else, there’s some talk from people inside the company with a few details about other goings-on. Like why there was never a follow-up to the better, than-expected Intellivision Flashback. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Anyone else see that DJC is now "testing" Amico Home? 🤣

So what do we think the hold up is on the BBG games? Them finishing them? Or IE being jerks asking please don't release until we do XY & Z?

Yeah I was surprised when he told me that in the comments.  Great communication from IE. Again, it’s nuts that the company itself has been radio silent for months but John A can show up, embarrass BGG, and slink back into the void.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Yeah I was surprised when he told me that in the comments.  Great communication from IE. Again, it’s nuts that the company itself has been radio silent for months but John A can show up, embarrass BGG, and slink back into the void.

I would lean towards not believing him.

That being said we have no idea what it is. I think we all have been assuming it's a storefront. I could just be another Amico Club type thing pushing out information and hey use this code/link to get $0.50 off Cornhole in the Steam Store!!!!

• Like 1

So DJC and MM are still doing unpaid work "testing" for Intellivision and spending time making promotional videos for the Amico, again for free, which at this point they have been doing for nearly a year.

And yet Intellivision's President and Chief Creative Officer was recently seen in Monte Carlo living it up playing backgammon in a contest that costs over a thousand bucks to enter. Which is at least the second time he's flown abroad to a luxury destination while DJC and MM have been doing their unpaid "testing".

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't do free work for a company in that situation. Well I wouldn't do free work for a company in any situation, but this one particular would just be taking the complete piss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/7/2023 at 11:49 AM, MrBeefy said:

Oh totally. The goal is to stretch it out if they can't sell.

There is zero upside for them to say, hey Amico is done. They would gain only more people mad asking for money back.

I'd find it hilarious if BBG's announced-non-announced console makes it to market before IE calls it quits. I'd still like to see Amico release but I think that's the longest of shots. There isn't a reason that Amico Home shouldn't be ready to go.

Unless games and such aren't finished. 😅

Maybe BBG will wear them down over time and just buy the rest of it. That way at least all the classic games can stay under the same roof.

I want my SHARK SHARK!

Another in the category of "ths will never end".

IE filed extensions yet again for both "Jungle Hunt" and "Bump 'N' Jump"

Jungle Hunt

Bump 'N' Jump

Miscellaneous notes indicate a problem -perhaps- at uspto concerning updated attorney info not shown.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

So DJC and MM are still doing unpaid work "testing" for Intellivision and spending time making promotional videos for the Amico, again for free, which at this point they have been doing for nearly a year.

And yet Intellivision's President and Chief Creative Officer was recently seen in Monte Carlo living it up playing backgammon in a contest that costs over a thousand bucks to enter. Which is at least the second time he's flown abroad to a luxury destination while DJC and MM have been doing their unpaid "testing".

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't do free work for a company in that situation. Well I wouldn't do free work for a company in any situation, but this one particular would just be taking the complete piss.

DJC and friends are proven liars. He isn't really testing or he's actually getting paid.

4 hours ago, number6 said:

Jungle Hunt

Bump 'N' Jump

Miscellaneous notes indicate a problem -perhaps- at uspto concerning updated attorney info not shown.

Need something they hope BBG will buy! 😁

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, MrBeefy said:

I would lean towards not believing him.

That being said we have no idea what it is. I think we all have been assuming it's a storefront. I could just be another Amico Club type thing pushing out information and hey use this code/link to get $0.50 off Cornhole in the Steam Store!!!!

Alvarado is their defensive guy. I remember when he signed his name a very weak response to a factual article about Amico from Ars Technica. 

I don’t care if they say what Amico Home is supposed to be. It’s what they actually do that’s important. Remember when the Amico Club mobile app was supposed to have new game demos added regularly, and work as an additional controller for the  console? It ended up just serving as an advertising feed and a very short level of New Moon Patrol. It’s telling that none of the breathless shills have anything to say about Amico Home. 

It’s funny that this thread is still going since there’s no news. I guess I’m contributing to the problem by replying. 

On 8/11/2023 at 4:45 PM, number6 said:

Jungle Hunt

Bump 'N' Jump

Why doesn’t Taito embrace their Jungle Hunt game? Feeling burned from the Jungle King lawsuit? Or just abandoned it? The game shows up on AtGames stuff so it must be easy to license. 

Bump N Jump is also known as Burning Rubber. It’s odd they don’t ride together. I guess it’s because different names serve different territories, and can’t be worth much after all these years. 

I guess I should say something snarky, in the spirit of Intellivision Amico, but it’s so hard to care anymore. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7cd1d213577044f1f65

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Alvarado is their defensive guy. I remember when he signed his name a very weak response to a factual article about Amico from Ars Technica. 

I don’t care if they say what Amico Home is supposed to be. It’s what they actually do that’s important. Remember when the Amico Club mobile app was supposed to have new game demos added regularly, and work as an additional controller for the  console? It ended up just serving as an advertising feed and a very short level of New Moon Patrol. It’s telling that none of the breathless shills have anything to say about Amico Home. 

It’s funny that this thread is still going since there’s no news. I guess I’m contributing to the problem by replying. 

Why doesn’t Taito embrace their Jungle Hunt game? Feeling burned from the Jungle King lawsuit? Or just abandoned it? The game shows up on AtGames stuff so it must be easy to license. 

Bump N Jump is also known as Burning Rubber. It’s odd they don’t ride together. I guess it’s because different names serve different territories, and can’t be worth much after all these years. 

I guess I should say something snarky, in the spirit of Intellivision Amico, but it’s so hard to care anymore. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7cd1d213577044f1f65

Bump and Jump was my favorite game as a kiddo. I’d love to see a solid reboot of that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Bump and Jump was my favorite game as a kiddo. I’d love to see a solid reboot of that.

I'm satisfied with being able to play a perfect port of the arcade version as much as I want and more modern driving/jumping games like Forza Horizon 5. 

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/arcade-archives-burnin-rubber-switch/ 

Hmm something is up with the licensing for that game. It's available to buy on Switch in the US shop, but not on Xbox or PlayStation. I saw it in the Indian store (only) https://store.playstation.com/en-id/product/JP0571-CUSA24183_00-HAMPRDC000000001

I sure hope trademark shenanigans aren't spoiling things for real companies. 

Edited by Flojomojo
had the Indian store page in another tab
  • Like 3

Nintendo had, depending on who was measuring, anywhere between 12 and 15 billion dollars in cash on hand in 2022. That's not their stock value, that's not their market cap... that's Scrooge McDuck money just sitting in their vault. They could weather 5 more Wii U-tier failures and still not have to go third party.

Edited by famicommander
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Nintendo had, depending on who was measuring, anywhere between 12 and 15 billion dollars in cash on hand in 2022. That's not their stock value, that's not their market cap... that's Scrooge McDuck money just sitting in their vault. They could weather 5 more Wii U-tier failures and still not have to go third party.

Yeah but their total failure of the Switch as predicted by Tommy will change that! 🤪

Scrooge Mcduck Disney GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On a more serious but fun note....

Couch in the Woods released a mew trailer for Grabiators (aka Space Strikers for Amico). Coming out on Steam August 31.

I feel bad for anyone who buys it on Steam. It totally can't be played without an Amico controller.

• Haha 3

@MrBeefy where did you get Aug 31 as a release date? The Steam store still says “to be announced.”

Also, it’s odd that the free demo has no reviews at all. What happened to all the drooling Tallarico fans who couldn’t wait for this thing’s unique games?

I haven’t seen such a quiet Steam store page since the Biffy award winning Not-Pitfall which was announced for Atari VCS. 
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1384450/Jungles_of_Maxtheria/

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I haven’t seen such a quiet Steam store page since the Biffy award winning Not-Pitfall which was announced for Atari VCS. 

It has a single evaluation... in Russian. Do you think Biffy used Google Translate? 😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Couch in the Woods released a mew trailer for Grabiators (aka Space Strikers for Amico). Coming out on Steam August 31.

I feel bad for anyone who buys it on Steam. It totally can't be played without an Amico controller.

I'm not gonna click the video but is the logo looking like a dick and balls intentional?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah,  But I heard if you hit both hands with a hammer,  then play on a touch screen like your phone,  all the while using your nose to hit a "special" button,  that the experience is actually pretty close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

If we're to judge from the work of the "testers" that's been shown so far, it's not like anything seems to play that well with it.

Either someone's got a severe case of tremors and terrible reflexes, or it's somewhat lacking in precision.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@MrBeefy where did you get Aug 31 as a release date? The Steam store still says “to be announced.”

Also, it’s odd that the free demo has no reviews at all. What happened to all the drooling Tallarico fans who couldn’t wait for this thing’s unique games?

Text of the description.

Screenshot_20230814_234620_YouTube.thumb.jpg.75819a3ba90f8ec4eb0359e52e654001.jpg

12 hours ago, famicommander said:

I'm not gonna click the video but is the logo looking like a dick and balls intentional?

I don't see what you are seeing, but that's what makes it a sneak "peak".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 8:44 PM, MrBeefy said:

This looks like it would have been an excellent mid-tier XBLA game back in the day.  Oh wait, that day was over a decade ago... :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/14/2023 at 10:37 PM, Flojomojo said:

Always wondered why this was so.  Marketability I assume.  Many Arcade games down here in Australia, in the 80's, had different names from the original US cabs. In Oz, Mat Mania was Exciting Hour, Bump N Jump was Burning Rubber, as noted by @Flojomojo, Ring King was King of Boxer, Kicker was Shao-Lin's Road, Mr. Heli was Battle Chopper and so on and so forth blah blah blah. 

But I digress.  Now back to the agonisingly long Amico Footbath shit show.clipart1184127.png.461f6b4e70f5e4b3e3b52613d50ff419.png 

ntsh.gif.339479c7ce7c52ce69cc10f62d517bd4.gif

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Always wondered why this was so.  Marketability I assume.  Many Arcade games down here in Australia, in the 80's, had different names from the original US cabs. In Oz, Mat Mania was Exciting Hour, Bump N Jump was Burning Rubber, as noted by @Flojomojo, Ring King was King of Boxer, Kicker was Shao-Lin's Road, Mr. Heli was Battle Chopper and so on and so forth blah blah blah. 

Probably because of proximity, Australia got the Data East made Burnin Rubber, while in North America they got the Bally Midway version (licenced from Data East) Bumpnjump.

On 8/14/2023 at 8:44 PM, MrBeefy said:

I feel for the developers because they still intended for this to release on Amico, even as of last year they were optimistic about it. They even have the Intellivision logo buried in the assets of their PC demo, yet. Being realistic I think they will struggle to even get enough sales of it to meet the $100 minimum withdrawal interval on Steam. It's just very difficult to gain prominence and sales on Steam as a very small developer with no social traction. This is also why I am sure many developers found it inviting for Intellivision to fund a chunk of the development and then offer the perks of an exclusive platform where they'd be showcased exclusively for weeks in the shop. I did play the demo and there are still only like 3-6 people listed in the global high score list; very few have tried it. I didn't mind the game and think it will be fun for local coop, though they should make improvements to the UI as the mouse is non-functional to select options even though it is visible. It also is one of the rare titles that sets fullscreen exclusive mode, to a lower resolution than my desktop, which messed with my window arrangement and icons.

The Xbox-style controller image they now use looks a lot less complicated to me than many of the instruction screens we saw for Amico exclusives. 

image.thumb.png.0e00f582c77a5a328ef0379aef1c3556.png

Like Tank Battle that supported three different control schemes but without any that feel particularly simple or ergonomic compared to a classic controller.

image.png.9279104feee95beae14df23e7a77686e.pngimage.png.a9521799f670f575af2ca644f771cdbc.pngimage.png.1912cb9db966f04acfaaa278c5f37daa.png

And all of these different gestures to do a full turn setup in Cornhole...

image.thumb.png.ee4a6245cb168e5c428b66de9787ce58.png

image.thumb.png.648c828d9d152116975396891c656bcd.png

image.png

Edited by MattPilz
  • Haha 2