IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Berzerk is one of my favorite games and I even ordered the enhanced cartridge version from Atari for the Atari 2600. Berzerk: Recharged looks to be nothing more than a hectic twin-stick shooter, more Smash TV than Berzerk or Frenzy. Berzerk/Frenzy has gameplay that's slower-paced and more deliberate, not non-stop run-and-gun. /rant

I felt the same way when I saw the trailer. It looks like an entirely different kind of game. Not too keen on this one.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:50 PM, Flojomojo said:

Maybe they should have called it something more enticing like "Tommy Tallarico's Musky Taint" to bring in a new underserved set of fans. 

Tommy deodorant for that musky, fresh feeling in the morning. Just before receiving a summons to court about office furniture. tommy_deodorant.thumb.jpg.8c0160d4e64e69c75ba7c9c267f4fafe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/2/2023 at 11:34 PM, Matt_B said:

They're doing Berzerk: Recharged, so that's something.

Realistically though, at the rate of a handful of games per year, most of their acquisitions aren't going to get remade.

I'd like to see the M Network games get the Atari 50 treatment though and, along with the games they picked up from Stern and ones that were left out, that should have the makings of another 100 game compilation or DLC package.

Too bad Berzerk Recharged looks like they ripped a web based flash game right out of 2004 and called it new. It looks staggeringly awful compared to the other Recharged games. Hell, it looks staggeringly awful, period.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2023 at 9:04 PM, MrBeefy said:

I think they should take the Night Stalker demo finish it call it Dark Cavern and include a quote of how Tommy was going to beat Atari in the credits.

I hope Atari plans on actually making games for the IPs they are buying. They don't need to pull a Tommy who bought licenses and didn't have active development.

No way they should ruin Dark Cavern like that!!!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

No way they should ruin Dark Cavern like that!!!!!

You do realize that Dark Cavern is Night Stalker like Astroblast is Astrosmash right?

Also, I love kids and how honest they are. Mullis' kid was complaining about controller lag! 🤣

I'm guessing Mullis didn't believe him, because his daddy Tallarico told him NO LAG!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You do realize that Dark Cavern is Night Stalker like Astroblast is Astrosmash right?

Also, I love kids and how honest they are. Mullis' kid was complaining about controller lag! 🤣

I'm guessing Mullis didn't believe him, because his daddy Tallarico told him NO LAG!

Luckily Mike did the very mature and parentally responsible thing and got annoyed with his child, told him he was wrong, and then made fun of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Luckily Mike did the very mature and parentally responsible thing and got annoyed with his child, told him he was wrong, and then made fun of him.

I'm sure Mike finds making daddy Tallarico happy very CHALLANGING. 🤣🤣🤣

That is some Peak Conholing right there. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm sure Mike finds making daddy Tallarico happy very CHALLANGING. 🤣🤣🤣

That is some Peak Conholing right there. 

So many glitches. I can't believe they haven't been fixed, Mike has been "testing" for over a year hasn't he? 🤭

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

MM has the most punchable face in the history of Retro gaming. And DEAR GOD how can one man who has accomplished so little be soooo smug?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

MM has the most punchable face in the history of Retro gaming. And DEAR GOD how can one man who has accomplished so little be soooo smug?

Just in retro gaming? That's very generous of you.

And accomplished little? How very dare you! He used to run a gaming site in the 2000s when literally everyone and their dog had gaming sites!

• Haha 4

I find this hilarious. These guys are starting to call out how galling it is to receive perks via IE while they get nothing, and no updates. The guys like Grant here were all for this type of behavior until it starts happening to them. Well Grant, you get what you paid for. 🤣

Screenshot_20231105_122718_Facebook-1.thumb.jpg.6b39df677b16bc0db5e4cb6bffe25c1c.jpg

Also go back to that Conhole footage at 22 seconds. If you notice the bag doesn't even go in the hole. Yet it scores it like it did!

Screenshot_20231105_171721_Chrome.jpg.cb31745981ab81f721585b3ff5f1ec31.jpg

OMG they haven't got anything right. Three years late and still a buggy mess. 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I find this hilarious. These guys are starting to call out how galling it is to receive perks via IE while they get nothing, and no updates. The guys like Grant here were all for this type of behavior until it starts happening to them. Well Grant, you get what you paid for. 🤣

Screenshot_20231105_122718_Facebook-1.thumb.jpg.6b39df677b16bc0db5e4cb6bffe25c1c.jpg

What's that from?  Youtube or one of their crowdfunding/investment sites?  Or something else, maybe?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:33 PM, MrBeefy said:

For Astroblast, yes this is correct.

And although Dark Cavern is based off of Night Stalker,  I would respectfully,...highly disagree.

TBH,  I've only played Night Stalker on comps and Evercade etc. (Not on an actual Intellivision).  So,  if I get part of this wrong,  I need one of my Intellivisionary friends to wap me upside the head and knock some sense into me. 

While Dark Cavern is Perfect in my humble estimation,  I couldn't figure out Night Stalker for the life of me...It just never seemed to play right,  so finally I broke down and read the manual,  Wherein I discovered my problem.  The man Cannot move and shoot at the same time! A largely game breaking play mechanic if you ask me.  Then there's the ammo.  In Night Stalker you grab the weapon to get 6 shots, and unless you happen to be standing where the weapon reappears, You ONLY have 6 shots!  (I get that constantly scrounging ammo is one of the play mechanics,  but that doesn't mean I have to like it...)

Now fixing one of the main problems,  the homebrew Dungeon Stalker for Atari 7800 allows you to move and fire properly, and each pouch of arrows (your "weapon" in this one) has a random number of shots (up to 10 if memory serves)...Much Better and a Highly Fun game!  But it's still no Dark Cavern;   Which not only allows you to move and shoot like God intended, but IIRC starts you off with 20 shots, you get the gun right off for 10 more,  and if you want to hide out in the maze a while (without getting killed) you can scavenge up to 99 shots!;  Plenty of ammo before you start your war!

On 11/2/2023 at 9:04 PM, MrBeefy said:

I think they should take the Night Stalker demo finish it call it Dark Cavern and include a quote of how Tommy was going to beat Atari in the credits.

So,  I did look at what they were doing with (or should I say "to") Night Stalker.

Looking at a Static Screen Shot all would be well.  To analyze:  The graphics were fine;  The Sound FX were decent.  If it just played right (like say a Berzerk or Frenzy) that would be great.  Except then I saw it in action.  The lighting and particle effects were completely over the top!   So,  while your epileptic friends have a seizure in the background,  Remember if you forgot to take your Molly,  this game will suck.  And every so often some wave or ripple effect seems to come along and flex the whole playfield!  You'd be screaming at your TV,  "Hey!! I'm trying to play a game here!..."  If I just wanted to be carsick,  I'd go for a ride with my EX girlfriend.  Don't get me wrong,  some FX would be OK,  like if it only rippled when you complete a level or something,  and if the particle FX were more laid back.   Anyway,  then you notice that while you're actually trying to play the game,  there's 4 or 5 others in the maze with you.  WTF are these guys?  They don't look like friends or enemies, (I know, I know...Once finished maybe they would be)...As it stands,  it looks to me like one guy is playing the game,  and 4 others are in there wearing nerd headlights and just dinking around.  Can I at least go up there and blow the shit out of them?  This game would only work if they'd change the name to Dork Cavern and be done with it!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

While Dark Cavern is Perfect in my humble estimation,  

I missed this one back in the day and just recently checked it out when you mentioned it on here somewhere.  And yep, I agree it's pretty much perfect.

28 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

You'd be screaming at your TV,  "Hey!! I'm trying to play a game here!..."  

TV would scream back "I don't care..." Kinda like that one scene with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones.

28 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Can I at least go up there and blow the shit out of them?  

Eh... Probably but have them buy you a drink or something at least. And make sure you get consent first... Touchy world we live in when it comes to showing someone a good time 😄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Eh... Probably but have them buy you a drink or something at least. And make sure you get consent first... Touchy world we live in when it comes to showing someone a good time 😄

Wow,  Who would have thought someone would take what I said a different way?

Damn!  That's... pretty funny!  I can't stop laughing now.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, you do realize that several people here complained that Berzerk Recharged didn't retain that "game breaking play mechanic", right? 😅

Berzerk Recharged looks like they hired someone from Fiverr to slap together a generic twin stick shooter over about a weekend or two, add an "iconic enemy" and slap the name "Berzerk" on it.

Next up should be Flappy Bird, spend a few hours changing the sprites, add some bridges, and call it River Raid Recharged

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, you do realize that several people here complained that Berzerk Recharged didn't retain that "game breaking play mechanic", right? 😅

Earlier this year we also learned that Resident Evil 4 had been broken for nearly two decades, until Capcom finally fixed it. 🙂

• Like 1