IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 hours ago, ls650 said:

My two bits:  I had no problem at all getting the app installed and running on my Android tablet, and the controller app installed fine on my Samsung phone.  The two devices talk to each other without issue, and the menu system seems to be working, although perhaps a bit awkward to fumble through.

However... the two games available (Missile Command and Astrosmash) are $15 each.  There are no demos of any kind, so I have no way to test a game before I fork out my $15 for each game.

This seems like a terrible idea - people will want to at least try before they buy.  That, and $15 for an untried digital download seems mighty steep to me.

If I could download a demo level, and I liked the game and the controls worked well, I might buy it... but even then $15 seems too much for a download game.

You can try Shark Shark and Astrosmash on Steam or other platforms. Honestly that would be the better platform to buy them on as they are established and not going anywhere soon. Steam at least has a refund policy if you play the games under a certain time frame.

Despite what idiots will try and tell you, the experience will be the same as if on your PC or Amico Home. Well unless you get a kick out of a convoluted way to play games. 

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I feel it in the air… we’re due for a new CHUD to arrive and berate us for not supporting Amico. It’s been about three months, which seems to be the life cycle…

And the last three have essentially disappeared. It’s almost as if (gasp!) they weren’t trying to authentically engage in our community. Shocking.

The last one is off fanboying for another failed console. It's a miracle the VCS didn't beat the Switch thread is incoming I'm sure.

25 minutes ago, MrTrust said:

Woman Plane GIF by Justin

They cannot be serious with this. How can they be serious with this?

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I was going to check this... thing... out, just to see what it is all this did was over lo these many years.  So, I looked at it on the app store and read how it worked.  Lol.  Lmao, even.  What the fuck single deranged lunatic is going to cough up good money to deal with this ridiculousness, let alone hundreds of millions?  

Can you imagine trying to explain/justify even purchasing this to your wife, let alone convincing her to actually play play it?

This has to be some kind of legal ass covering at this point; there's no way even these clowns are so delayed as to think they're going to raise enough revenue to put the machine into production off of this.

The only people really excited for this are those who get excited by the name Intellivision. The games are not exciting, don't look good, and already have similar and better games more widely available and probably for cheaper too. So you will have those who think that playing some trashy Shark Shark will bring back their youth and feel like a kid again, while ignoring that Feeding Frenzy came out during the 360 era but because it didn't have the name Shark Shark isn't worth their time.

There are plenty of lunatics who continue to give companies money for inferior products. It is why the Amico exists. I can't wait for the next console to do the same/similar thing as people don't seem to learn. This was worse than both the Chameleon and VCS. People should know better than to just throw money at a company because of a name.

They haven't.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm being serious here. Why is anyone excited about Amico Home?

As a family gaming device it is the worst of everything. Not convenient, simple, and expensive for what you get. The games aren't appealing and could easily be replaced by other games on the market. 

I handed my kid a SNES controller last night for the first time and he picked it up just fine and played. He wouldn't be able to figure out this start a tablet then an app on a phone.

I mean I think I know the answer, but I want to hear someone articulate it who have kept their preorder in.

The whole point of the tablet was to bring retro gaming into the future. Handheld controllers are existentially outdated, and everything is moving to flat panel and tablet displays. You need only look at what Space-X is doing, and compare that to the new Atlas rocket. In the Space-X rocket... they literally only use tablets. If they can fly a friggin' rocket by tablet, then you can play a 4-bit shoot-em-up game on one! Seriously, once you start using it, you'll understand how much easier it is than having to hold a big blocky controller in your hand.

Nah... I'm just kidding, I have no idea... I'm not downloading that. But it sounded good though, right? Haha...

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

This was worse than both the Chameleon and VCS. People should know better than to just throw money at a company because of a name.

Hey, I like the VCS... I really enjoy that system! What is the Chameleon?

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I definitely missed it  🤣   In all fairness to the developers, the tips screen was telling me "you need more controllers" but I thought that meant for extra players, not before it can do anything at all, and I had tunnel vision thinking the touch screen should do something, so I won't entirely rule out suggestion I'm not smart enough for Amico.

But even still, this is completely unusable to me, personally, so oh well.  

The description on the Google Play store explains the different components required to use it.

22 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm being serious here. Why is anyone excited about Amico Home?

As a family gaming device it is the worst of everything. Not convenient, simple, and expensive for what you get. The games aren't appealing and could easily be replaced by other games on the market. 

I handed my kid a SNES controller last night for the first time and he picked it up just fine and played. He wouldn't be able to figure out this start a tablet then an app on a phone.

I mean I think I know the answer, but I want to hear someone articulate it who have kept their preorder in.

This isn't an alternative or replacement for the console.  Well if they ever produce Amico controller hardware than an Android TV device could act as an Amico console.    Phones emulating Amico controllers aren't appropriate for the action games, other than the trackpad control in Amico Missile Command. This is a workaround that allows people who have been following it to see the games for themselves. I don't see them investing in promoting it, although it can be a solution for games like Back Talk Party, Emoji Charades, and Blank Slate.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wayler said:

Oh you sweet summer child.

I would recommend that whole thread but here's a brief synopsis if you don't like entertainment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chameleon_(console)

ooooh....

Dude... WTF.

So much drama. And do I see correctly that they actually intended to use the Jaguar case?

SMH...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Hey, I like the VCS... I really enjoy that system! What is the Chameleon?

You can still enjoy an overpriced device that doesn't do anything special and offers less than other hardware on the market other than the company name. It doesn't change that it is overpriced... etc etc. They could have spent all that money on making games. Instead it was ran horribly and lost them money. 

I enjoyed the WiiU. But that doesn't make it less of a failure. 

5 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

ooooh....

Dude... WTF.

So much drama. And do I see correctly that they actually intended to use the Jaguar case?

SMH...

Amico = Chameleon + money.

It was funny to see someone like @jaybird3rd be critical of Chameleon to the point of making fun of how the Chameleon would probably celebrate having a power brick. To being one of the biggest defenders and supporters of Amico (who literally celebrated having a power brick that said Amico on it). All probably because the name and idea of a new Intellivision tickled him deep down.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something to be successful. I myself was excited about the idea of Amico, and wanted something like it to succeed. I just don't believe in shoving my head so far up my own ass to ignore the blatant red flags out in the open. There is a distinct difference between wanting something to succeed and shredding your dignity and ability to critically think for yourself.

Some people here should have learned and known better. I'm disappointed in how they didn't learn from previous things.

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep.  All of it.  In the spirit of mr_me -- "they said they were."

Therefore, we have no reason to doubt it.

Speaking of, in order for them to sell those controllers you know what they need? Yup that's right....

Screenshot_20231121_210509_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37a641582235d1cf3c9773dde7e5f5dd.jpg

Amico controllers have yet to pass their FCC certs.

Screenshot_20230618_075045_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cabc2220a0201d2d9ce7c03f9950f6ee.jpg

🤡🤡

***Edit: FYI tomorrow will mark the SECOND anniversary of them entering FORMAL PRODUCTION! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20231122_132447_Reddit.thumb.jpg.19447a9c425dfe84067395db3e9427ef.jpg

When you going to ship those @Tommy Tallarico?

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

You can still enjoy an overpriced device that doesn't do anything special and offers less than other hardware on the market other than the company name. It doesn't change that it is overpriced... etc etc. They could have spent all that money on making games. Instead it was ran horribly and lost them money. I enjoyed the WiiU. But that doesn't make it less of a failure.

I guess I disagree with that. I really like the VCS. I got what I expected, and I've been really happy with it. The games that I've been buying on the VCS are unique enough that it warrants me buying the system, and for me... the nostalgia of playing it on an Atari is as much a part of playing the game. I can understand why you'd say that (above), but for me the value / worth is within my tolerance range. I actually bought two of them (one in my family room, and one in the upstairs game room / whatever that room is called. Granted, I don't play games that often... I just rarely have the time. But when I do... there's a lot of really, really cool games that I've bought and enjoyed playing. I suppose most of them I could get on something else, like a Playstation or Xbox or steam deck, or even on the computer... but I don't have a Playstation, or an Xbox, or a steam deck, and I'd much rather play on a console.

30 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

There's nothing wrong with wanting something to be successful. I myself was excited about the idea of Amico, and wanted something like it to succeed. I just don't believe in shoving my head so far up my own ass to ignore the blatant red flags out in the open. There is a distinct difference between wanting something to succeed and shredding your dignity and ability to critically think for yourself.

I'd probably buy one... if it actually came out. Not a Chameleon, it just looks too dumb. I can't have something that looks like a Jaguar but is some bastardized thing ... but the Amico. I mean, I liked the demonstration videos, I liked the prototype, I think it looked cool. Value / worth is subjective of course. Honestly, if I was smart, I wouldn't be buying anything that's ever discussed on this site and put all my money into niche family restaurant shares. But anyway... I think the Amico was a good idea... not sold on the controller though... but I don't know. I don't think it's ever coming out (as we've expressed over the past 356 pages). But if by some magic it did, and it wouldn't be something that within a year would go out of business... I'd probably buy it. You know, I take that back. I already have a VCS... there's literally no point for me to even get one, even if it did come out. That is something I question about the VCS though. At what point does Atari stop supporting the network / connection? I have all these games I've bought, and I've downloaded them onto the VCS with the added storage... but I need an internet connection. If 6-7 years from now they say, moving on... does my VCS become an outdated thin client at that point?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I guess I disagree with that. I really like the VCS. I got what I expected, and I've been really happy with it. The games that I've been buying on the VCS are unique enough that it warrants me buying the system, and for me... the nostalgia of playing it on an Atari is as much a part of playing the game. I can understand why you'd say that (above), but for me the value / worth is within my tolerance range. I actually bought two of them (one in my family room, and one in the upstairs game room / whatever that room is called. Granted, I don't play games that often... I just rarely have the time. But when I do... there's a lot of really, really cool games that I've bought and enjoyed playing. I suppose most of them I could get on something else, like a Playstation or Xbox or steam deck, or even on the computer... but I don't have a Playstation, or an Xbox, or a steam deck, and I'd much rather play on a console.

I'd probably buy one... if it actually came out. Not a Chameleon, it just looks too dumb. I can't have something that looks like a Jaguar but is some bastardized thing ... but the Amico. I mean, I liked the demonstration videos, I liked the prototype, I think it looked cool. Value / worth is subjective of course. Honestly, if I was smart, I wouldn't be buying anything that's ever discussed on this site and put all my money into niche family restaurant shares. But anyway... I think the Amico was a good idea... not sold on the controller though... but I don't know. I don't think it's ever coming out (as we've expressed over the past 356 pages). But if by some magic it did, and it wouldn't be something that within a year would go out of business... I'd probably buy it. You know, I take that back. I already have a VCS... there's literally no point for me to even get one, even if it did come out. That is something I question about the VCS though. At what point does Atari stop supporting the network / connection? I have all these games I've bought, and I've downloaded them onto the VCS with the added storage... but I need an internet connection. If 6-7 years from now they say, moving on... does my VCS become an outdated thin client at that point?

That's cool that you've enjoyed the VCS. What are the unique games you've played/bought. I hear you about not having time to play. Hopefully they keep supporting it for a while.

There's not really any reason to buy an Amico even if it comes out. Two of their pack in games are available on other platforms that will most likely outlive anything Intellivision had planned. It would be cheaper to "roll your own" anyways with Amico Home. They are so desperate they are selling demos at $5. 

I haven't seen proof, but I've heard some supposedly got Amico Home to run on a Raspberry Pi. Which I find hilarious if true.

12 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

That's cool that you've enjoyed the VCS. What are the unique games you've played/bought. I hear you about not having time to play. Hopefully they keep supporting it for a while.

There's not really any reason to buy an Amico even if it comes out. Two of their pack in games are available on other platforms that will most likely outlive anything Intellivision had planned. It would be cheaper to "roll your own" anyways with Amico Home. They are so desperate they are selling demos at $5. 

I haven't seen proof, but I've heard some supposedly got Amico Home to run on a Raspberry Pi. Which I find hilarious if true.

Well, when I say "unique" I don't mean that you can't get them on other systems... just mean that I "uniquely" like them on the VCS.

There's two detective 8-bit games, for which the name totally escapes me... those are probably my favorite on there I'd say. There's a few others, but I'd have to turn it on and make a list. I also really like the Atari 50th. I also bought Haunted Mansion... but haven't played it yet. But I have a long weekend, so I'm definitely going to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

So what did you like about the Amico that wasn't its controller? The controller was the only unique thing about this system imho. 🤔

I don't want to have to go back through the 356 pages... but I remember seeing an unboxing video from the guy which I guess everyone is mad at. The quality / presentation of the prototype seemed rather nice. I liked the way the overall system presented, and the menu and everything (from what I could see) was kind of cool. When I say I'm not sure about the controller... I thought the controller was cool, but with all this weird stuff I'm hearing, I'm not so sure anymore. I just remembered that I liked it overall (was impressed). I didn't have an Intellivision growing up (I had an Atari 2600), but one of my friends did, and I liked it. So it was probably 50% the nostalgia, and 50% the millennial Apple iPhone packaging that drew me in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep.  All of it.  In the spirit of mr_me -- "they said they were."

Therefore, we have no reason to doubt it.

Of course you can doubt what they say.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't know what they say or more importantly didn't say.  It is however very wrong to suggest someone is saying otherwise.  As far as which of their games they'll put on this platform, it's up to them and their developers.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Speaking of, in order for them to sell those controllers you know what they need? Yup that's right....

Amico controllers have yet to pass their FCC certs.

They also need to manufacture them before they can sell them.  The controllers would have been part of the fcc radiated emissions testing they talked about passing in 2021.

13 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I don't want to have to go back through the 356 pages... but I remember seeing an unboxing video from the guy which I guess everyone is mad at. The quality / presentation of the prototype seemed rather nice.

Funny thing is, that unboxing video was the moment I went from giving them the benefit of the doubt to realizing just how dishonest and intentionally misleading they actually were.  Originally, I was on board with this and excited by the early promises (even had a preorder with deposit) and then I just figured they were incompetent with all the mishaps, but when that video came out, I felt a little sick by the message they were trying to convey, knowing exactly how they were no where near that point in reality and why they were hoping to convince those pre-order people and investors that all's good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Funny thing is, that unboxing video was the moment I went from giving them the benefit of the doubt to realizing just how dishonest and intentionally misleading they actually were.  Originally, I was on board with this and excited by the early promises (even had a preorder with deposit) and then I just figured they were incompetent with all the mishaps, but when that video came out, I felt a little sick by the message they were trying to convey, knowing exactly how they were no where near that point in reality and why they were hoping to convince those pre-order people and investors that all's good.

Yeah, I honestly had no idea about the background. I saw that video first, and then posted on here... and man... did I get shit on, haha. It took me like 10 pages before people believed me that I wasn't a plant. I just didn't know about any of this stuff... (not really into gamer news or whatever).

I can't even remember if they actually PLAYED it, but I seem to recall that he did. The question I have is... how do you get to that point... literally building a prototype with working controllers, in a system, everything... and then not be able to follow through? Even if there was a Raspberry Pi in there... how hard is it to get some Chinese company to put all this together for you? You've already done the work!

Unless... it was all fake, and the game was being played from a PC that was under the table or something (I can't remember).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr_me said:

It's also wrong to partially quote someone leaving out relevant parts of what was said.

I quoted the only part I deemed relevant.  The BS about how "its up to them and their developers" is obvious, and I'd quote that part if I was simply replying "well no shit...."  but doesn't change the fact that "they said they were" in any way, no matter how much you wanna spin it.  Ya know, kinda like someone here only quoted part of what Mr Beefy said 

image.thumb.png.79e2740d699b4a1f033bc84a39709ae8.png

So ahead and keep telling us all the things that are "wrong" while never once using that terminology to describe the shenanigans by the Intellivision team.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I quoted the only part I deemed relevant.  The BS about how "its up to them and their developers" is obvious, and I'd quote that part if I was simply replying "well no shit...."  but doesn't change the fact that "they said they were" in any way, no matter how much you wanna spin it.  Ya know, kinda like someone here only quoted part of what Mr Beefy said 

So ahead and keep telling us all the things that are "wrong" while never once using that terminology to describe the shenanigans by the Intellivision team.

"Of course you can doubt what they say...." is the part from the quote that shouldn't have been omitted.  And saying I've never said anything the company has said is wrong is also wrong.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Of course you can doubt what they say.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't know what they say or more importantly didn't say.  It is however very wrong to suggest someone is saying otherwise.  As far as which of their games they'll put on this platform, it's up to them and their developers.

They also need to manufacture them before they can sell them.  The controllers would have been part of the fcc radiated emissions testing they talked about passing in 2021.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

It's also wrong to partially quote someone leaving out relevant parts of what was said.

30 minutes ago, mr_me said:

"Of course you can doubt what they say...." is the part from the quote that shouldn't have been omitted.  And saying I've never said anything the company has said is wrong is also wrong.

You should write a book of "mr_me's Guide to Moral Compassing"

Chapter 01 -- "How Them Mean Ol' Bullies Pick On Poor Innocent Intellivision"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Yeah, I honestly had no idea about the background. I saw that video first, and then posted on here... and man... did I get shit on, haha. It took me like 10 pages before people believed me that I wasn't a plant. I just didn't know about any of this stuff... (not really into gamer news or whatever).

I can't even remember if they actually PLAYED it, but I seem to recall that he did. The question I have is... how do you get to that point... literally building a prototype with working controllers, in a system, everything... and then not be able to follow through? Even if there was a Raspberry Pi in there... how hard is it to get some Chinese company to put all this together for you? You've already done the work!

Unless... it was all fake, and the game was being played from a PC that was under the table or something (I can't remember).

They had an opportunity in February 2020 to have all parts sourced and manufactured AND still make around $100 profit per console sold and walked on it.

The reason? Could be greed, but it was more likely they had nothing done and actually ready to manufacture. Not to mentioned they failed their FCC tests and never got it retested 

4 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

image.thumb.png.79e2740d699b4a1f033bc84a39709ae8.png

Funny how "no one" cares or cared when I was being attacked left and right here on AA. In fact after being called a wife beater, mrme agreed with the people attacking me. Ask yourself why that is? 

693748061_ezgif.com-add-text(1).gif.2910d0cc6bf0c3c6a8a936791634be7b.gif

:D

Do what you all like,  but really quoting him doesn't do me any favors lol. Kay thanx. 😂

Screenshot_20231122_212240_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3f1f3528ca97e2d2fae9f79bb994dc01.jpg

7 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Well, when I say "unique" I don't mean that you can't get them on other systems... just mean that I "uniquely" like them on the VCS.

There's two detective 8-bit games, for which the name totally escapes me... those are probably my favorite on there I'd say. There's a few others, but I'd have to turn it on and make a list. I also really like the Atari 50th. I also bought Haunted Mansion... but haven't played it yet. But I have a long weekend, so I'm definitely going to.

The Detective games wouldn't be one of these by chance would it? They go under $5 often, and I've had them on my wishlist but not bought any yet. https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/the-darkside-detective-switch/

If you like the console because it has an Atari symbol on it, stop tiptoeing around it and just say it. I don't understand people's need to not just say it outright. 

Kind of how Sega fanatics claim they want a Sega console... Why? What they want are Sega games. Lack of Sega games make a Sega console pointless. Sega games are available right now on multiple platforms. So if they really do want new Sega hardware, all they really want is to buy a box with Sega on it despite price and games on it. Sega would be dumb to get back in hardware. Atari was dumb for blowing money on it like they did.

At least now Atari has more focus on making games now. Which is what they should have been focused on doing. I don't think all the games look good but at least they aren't trying to push for new ways for mom's to watch Netflix on an Unconsole.

• Thanks 2